Login

russian armor

Soviet strafe

17 Oct 2013, 10:04 AM

Nullist -
The IL-2 was actually specifically designed with armour facing downwards to prevent enemy fire having such an effect. It even had its radiator placed on top of the engine rather than traditionally on the bottom (where it's going to be hit). The Stuka not so much.
22 Oct 2013, 06:44 AM

We call this "wipe plane" because there is only one chance to survive - insta retreat if you see red smoke and hope. It is simply too powerfull but the main problem with this ability from my experience is that the plane can finish off damaged Ostwind (esp with damaged engine) with no problem which is stupid cuz it is the only counter Ost got (AC will not survive to late game).
31 Oct 2013, 17:31 PM

Heres a replay, kid gets absolutely stomped and then between 2 strafes he kills almost all my infantry. Worse than 2.601 strafe, at least that had a small target box instead of raping everything including the infantry you retreated from it.

31 Oct 2013, 18:23 PM

LOL...at least they have something solid to RAPE THE OP LMG VET GRENS!!!!
31 Oct 2013, 18:29 PM

news flash LMG Grens dont kill full units in the blink of an eye
1 Nov 2013, 10:26 AM

To all of you with the fantastic stories about Mega death: Replay or it didn't happen.
1 Nov 2013, 10:59 AM

120 ammo strefe run you use so we get pind and then you can mow us down with your units or forse us to retreat and do noting as well we only got that powerfull run for 240 so its fine as it is!!! that you dont have aa and you feel like it gona kill you is the same when we dont have proper at and you germenplayer p4 spam us to death its no fucking excuus. also the train bombartment for only 200 ammo destoys bases and close to evrything in it . seen it few time where i got a strefe run on my base my units could not leave and them traint arty comes buy and boem end game so plsssssss stop the cry
1 Nov 2013, 17:54 PM

Just had a game on Minsk where my opponent managed to get off a strafe. It killed 2 squads on retreat, brought my vet1 P4 down to half health and shot off the top gunner as well...
He gained map control, strafed me a second time and so I lost.

I have to add that the first strafe was targeted on my P4 and that the Il-2 seemed to fire at the rear of it.

3 Nov 2013, 12:07 PM

was that in a 1v1? wauw so that means he had to spend 480 ammo inclising al the ammo his units would use... that means he had you by the bals the whole game and i never ever seens a strafe get a p4 to half health and i use the strafe alot! it kils rocket buggys with health to half yes but tanks.. no!!! and yes it can schred a unit to bits becuz that what it is for to kil your units! thats why it need lvl 6 commander thats why its 240 ammo
3 Nov 2013, 13:37 PM

was that in a 1v1? wauw so that means he had to spend 480 ammo inclising al the ammo his units would use... that means he had you by the bals the whole game and i never ever seens a strafe get a p4 to half health and i use the strafe alot! it kils rocket buggys with health to half yes but tanks.. no!!! and yes it can schred a unit to bits becuz that what it is for to kil your units! thats why it need lvl 6 commander thats why its 240 ammo

From the thread about the KV8

It doesn't matter if it costs 4000 MP and 8000 fuel. It doesn't matter if it comes out at the 45 minute mark. It doesn't matter if it's 12CP.

This is Company of Heroes, where unit preservation and veterancy and combined arms are key. Anything that does what the KV8 does, with small exceptions for lucky artillery strikes, completely breaks that aspect of the game.

You obviously didn't watch the replay (nor very familiar with Winter Pripyat, where there are 4 high munition sectors) but the map control was fairly even and I was killing all the "shock units" instantly while maintaining a VP bleed for most of the game. All my muni expenditures were easily equal to or greater than 480mun with a Shrek upgrade, LMGs, rifle nades, healing, tank MG upgrades, and whatever I was floating. So yeah, might want to do some research next time ok?

3 Nov 2013, 13:44 PM
Benefactor 115

btw, german strafe can still pin units on retreat...dear Relic, is it so hard to disable the pin on retreating units?
here is some code to help you:
Code

if (this.isRetreating) {
this.isPinnable = false;
}

thank you
8 Nov 2013, 07:19 AM

From the thread about the KV8

You obviously didn't watch the replay (nor very familiar with Winter Pripyat, where there are 4 high munition sectors) but the map control was fairly even and I was killing all the "shock units" instantly while maintaining a VP bleed for most of the game. All my muni expenditures were easily equal to or greater than 480mun with a Shrek upgrade, LMGs, rifle nades, healing, tank MG upgrades, and whatever I was floating. So yeah, might want to do some research next time ok?

Well said.

It's not that hard to save up 240 muni for soviets even without holding most of the map.
8 Nov 2013, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2013, 13:44 PMtuvok
btw, german strafe can still pin units on retreat...dear Relic, is it so hard to disable the pin on retreating units?
here is some code to help you:
Code

if (this.isRetreating) {
this.isPinnable = false;
}

thank you

yeah, thank you very much
Thanks to your code, after one retreat, my squads will be unpinnable.
11 Nov 2013, 13:31 PM

Does anyone know what the strafe's dmg values vs. vehicles are?
11 Nov 2013, 16:26 PM

Sometimes the Soviet Strafe is a troll ability(had it decrew a AT gun that was in the opposed corner of the map where I called it),sometimes just a recon plane,doesn't always kill what you want it to kill
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★