Login

russian armor

Is Relic taking action against drophackers in coh2?

8 Oct 2013, 14:03 PM

Guys just to keep things on track, there are the normal drops and then there are those who do it on purpose to give you a loss, this topic was about the later.

And I like 1984 idea.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 13:53 PMI984

All kinds of cheating occured in the top 15 as well for already stated reasons, and its the same in coh 2.
@admins: FP forum would be nice, to actually see what happens to all the reports. I could offer some time dependending on what is needed to have one running here.
8 Oct 2013, 14:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 14:03 PMAbdul
Guys just to keep things on track, there are the normal drops and then there are those who do it on purpose to give you a loss, this topic was about the later

Its LITERALLY like handing everyone in the game an "I-WIN" button and then wondering why some people abuse it/use it.

Anyone can do it, at any time.

And how it is done, is no different when its legit, from when it isn't, and it ultimately makes no difference if it is done legit, or not, cos the end result is the same.

You lose. They win.
8 Oct 2013, 15:36 PM

Nullist if you just ALT F4 out of a game you don't do a drophack, you get a loss if you do that. A drophack is done by deliberately lagging out your game by, for instance, pulling out your internet cable or starting a big download.

Also I can't help but think that you're talking out of your ass here since you don't even play this game.
8 Oct 2013, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 15:36 PMStoffa
Also I can't help but think that you're talking out of your ass here since you don't even play this game.

How many matches do I have to play for your highness to approve?

And hilarious that you get personal. Nothing in what I said was.
8 Oct 2013, 15:44 PM

Sorry, I had to laugh when I looked. The self-described expert on the game (are you over 1500 posts yet?) has played exactly ONE game as Soviet? REALLY?
8 Oct 2013, 15:46 PM

I was watching sturmtigerjamming last night on his stream a 2v2 just started said sync error and he was on 7 game win streak but the sync error gave him a loss. he didn't care or bother to report it cause relic has no anti cheat system and honestly does not care about cheaters. they rather ban people for things like stream sniping, lol!
8 Oct 2013, 15:50 PM

Well let's see...maybe having played more than ONE match as soviets would be a start?
Also, how am I getting personal exactly? I'm merely pointing out your comments don't have any value since you have no experience playing this game. It's called "common sense", which is something you apparently don't possess.

Edit: Also "Damn me for replying to this moron again! Why do I bother every single time!?" :P
8 Oct 2013, 15:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 15:44 PMAvNY
The self-described expert on the game

Where have I ever described myself as an expert? Nowhere? Ever?

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 15:50 PMStoffa
It's called "common sense", which is something you apparently don't possess.

Funny, cos common sense is what I was pointing out to you, neutrally, about the drop system in CoH2. I was talking about the game and the system, not you. But you couldn't help shoving that sideways into your anus and getting personal in response for no reason.

Also, how am I getting personal exactly?

to
Damn me for replying to this moron again!
8 Oct 2013, 15:56 PM

Where have I ever described myself as an expert? Nowhere? Ever?

Funny, cos common sense is what I was pointing out to you, neutrally, about the drop system in CoH2. I was talking about the game and the system, not you. But you couldn't help shoving that sideways into your anus and getting personal in response for no reason.

Are you suffering from a severe case of autism or something? I think you need help son!
Yeh defo something like Autism or Asperger. Im putting my money on the latter.
8 Oct 2013, 15:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 15:56 PMStoffa

Are you suffering from a severe case of autism or something? I think you need help son!

Now its autism.

Even if I had 1k games as both factions, you'd always come up with something else to be insulting with. I think its you who needs help, tbh.
8 Oct 2013, 16:02 PM

I know I shouldn't even bother replying to the local forum idiot, but man you are a BIG IDIOT. Who the fuck plays 75 games, and then spams a forum with 1400 posts. Fucking retard...
8 Oct 2013, 16:05 PM

Permanently Banned
And you say all this, with all the insults, just because I made the following neutral and non-personal statement to you about the drop system:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 13:14 PMStoffa
@Blovski: If I destroy my opponents army, and right after that the screen freezes and the kick screen comes up its pretty obvious to me I'm getting cheated. If it isn't to you then we can just agree to disagree here.

No.

Thats just the point that the other guy leaves the match in a rage because he is beaten, probably not realising AT ALL that the retarded system now gave him a win, and you a lose.

Its not a coincidence, you know, that the leaving happens at that point. And "drophacking" doesn't take any hacking or deliberate intent. Just takes dropping from the match, which is every players prerogative to do.

Nothing states you have to nicely and formally first Concede, then click through all the match followup screens, and then nicely click on the "Quit" button on the main splash page....

The fault is in the retarded system.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not one insult towards you anywhere in there.
Not one rude reference or disparaging sentiment.
And this is what you reply with.

Then you have the audacity to claim its me who needs "help".
8 Oct 2013, 16:11 PM

A strange issue that I've been experiencing in 2v2 is that my mate and I who live in the same city, have the same 100mbit fiber connection similar computers and no firewalls active while playing etc.

Sometimes, we end up in a game that starts off great, then after a while the game starts lagging like hell, me or him gets kicked and then the game starts flowing again.

Now, it's impossible that there was an actual connection issue with one of us because we're both on skype and no connection issues there.

Any solution to this or is this the new drophack method?
8 Oct 2013, 16:38 PM

Can we please keep the bitch fight out of this thread, please?!?!

You guys, Nullist and Stoffa, are derailing what started to become good.

Thank you.
8 Oct 2013, 16:53 PM

Drop hacking is the best i'm like 100-0 because of it
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 8 Oct 2013, 18:14 PM

If you suspect a drop hacker email enforcement@relic.com and the Relic Enforcement Team will take a look at the situation. Include a replay and any screenshots you feel would be useful.

It was claimed that we don't take any action against drop hackers unless we have it on record of them saying that they're about to drop hack. That's sort of 30% correct.

Essentially if it's just one report we won't take any action, unless there's a reason to believe that they're drop hacking based on the conversation (which is why screenshots help) prior to the disconnect.

However it's still worth reporting because while we won't take action against someone for 1 disconnect, if a player is getting a lot of reports against them from different people then the volume of that will mount until a point when we will take action against them.

Two other things to keep in mind:
- drophacking hurts a player's trust rating thus drophacking is an strategy with a limited life for a player. Since there's no option to create profiles (as there was in CoH) a player who drophacks will ruin his own trust rating to the point where all matches begin to count against him.
- disconnects can happen for several reasons. Imagine if you were banned from playing the game just because your connection dropped once. Thus we do tend to give people some leeway if it's a single report, just as I'm sure you'd want/expect the same consideration.
8 Oct 2013, 18:16 PM

Noun, you still owe me a gold statue......
8 Oct 2013, 18:30 PM

can you go away sugaswish?
8 Oct 2013, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 18:14 PMNoun
If you suspect a drop hacker email enforcement@relic.com and the Relic Enforcement Team will take a look at the situation. Include a replay and any screenshots you feel would be useful.

It was claimed that we don't take any action against drop hackers unless we have it on record of them saying that they're about to drop hack. That's sort of 30% correct.

Essentially if it's just one report we won't take any action, unless there's a reason to believe that they're drop hacking based on the conversation (which is why screenshots help) prior to the disconnect.

However it's still worth reporting because while we won't take action against someone for 1 disconnect, if a player is getting a lot of reports against them from different people then the volume of that will mount until a point when we will take action against them.

Two other things to keep in mind:
- drophacking hurts a player's trust rating thus drophacking is an strategy with a limited life for a player. Since there's no option to create profiles (as there was in CoH) a player who drophacks will ruin his own trust rating to the point where all matches begin to count against him.
- disconnects can happen for several reasons. Imagine if you were banned from playing the game just because your connection dropped once. Thus we do tend to give people some leeway if it's a single report, just as I'm sure you'd want/expect the same consideration.

Thanks for the feedback, this is encouraging to know. One thing that might frustrate people after submitting a complaint is the lack of feedback. Even an automated message acknowledging receipt can help.

By the way I understand from the highlighted part that the reply does not save in game chat text, correct?

PS. I just sent you the reply on listed email
8 Oct 2013, 19:36 PM

So if I´m getting drophacked and the game collapses, it also gives me a negative trust rating? Also what´s about all other collapses?

Hell, my trust rating must be in the basement as often the games don´t even start and people are lagging out, despite me having fast internet, a fast pc in central europe and open ports.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★