Login

russian armor

Is Relic taking action against drophackers in coh2?

16 Oct 2013, 10:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

invisibled a few posts.

Please don't provide information about how to synch-hack or do any other form of cheats.
16 Oct 2013, 15:54 PM

...so any info about fp-forum?
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 16 Oct 2013, 16:30 PM

As a casual player I don't really care if ppl do that. And actually it's hard to determine how many of the quite many disconnected games that are staged.

At a different subject, I was told previously that reports of team kills and other abuse was supposed to be sent to info@relic.com

Now it's enforcement@relic. com???

So were the previous messages sent in vain? Or do different kind of reports go to different e-mails?

We've forwarded the emails from one to the other.

However with the creation of the Relic Enforcement team it was better to have a new email address because it's a different group dealing with that then the general inquires we get at info@relic.com.
16 Oct 2013, 19:43 PM

OK, thanks for the clarification.

AFAIK that info is not given anywhere at the forum of COH2 at companyofheroes.com. It ought to be under the FAQ sticky, all though I realise you may have reasons not to want to broadcast this option (?)
17 Oct 2013, 19:40 PM

I played against a player that was doing well against me and then started lagging the game. The message came up to drop him, and I waited for the prompt to come up three times before doing so.

He then proceeds to friend me on steam and harass me - calling me a drophacker among other things. I had to block him and unfriend him because he wouldn't accept that it was a connection problem. He was from China, so his connection possibly was not very good.

I just wanted to add my experience because it was so ridiculous.
17 Oct 2013, 20:19 PM

I played against a player that was doing well against me and then started lagging the game. The message came up to drop him, and I waited for the prompt to come up three times before doing so.

He then proceeds to friend me on steam and harass me - calling me a drophacker among other things. I had to block him and unfriend him because he wouldn't accept that it was a connection problem. He was from China, so his connection possibly was not very good.

I just wanted to add my experience because it was so ridiculous.

Thanks for sharing. I noticed this too, and for some reason when I play against players from China my name shows up for kick instead of them.
18 Oct 2013, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2013, 20:19 PMAbdul

Thanks for sharing. I noticed this too, and for some reason when I play against players from China my name shows up for kick instead of them.

Meaning you get to kick yourself, or what?

I see a different version: The notification about the option to kick someone (or abstain) contains garbled text where the player name should stand. That means it's pretty much impossible to see who you might be kicking.
18 Oct 2013, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

The last 2 posts sound quite terrible... I havent encountered this, and hope I never will.
18 Oct 2013, 13:06 PM

No, I mean that the player from China would be lagging and he would get the kick option for my name, and hence kick me.
18 Oct 2013, 13:08 PM
Benefactor 115

its more a fault with the netcode than actual malicious intent on the other player's part.
18 Oct 2013, 13:33 PM

yes that's very clear, cases where someone does it on purpose are usually obvious
23 Oct 2013, 20:32 PM

Was winning two games,the dudes started lagging all of a suden and then I saw that they dropped...I LoL'd when I saw DEFEAT on my screen so instead of +2 I now have -7 :((
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★