Login

russian armor

Buildings with 2 level doors

21 Apr 2019, 11:42 AM

Hi there I have a problem that I can only enter the floor level door with troops and not the 2 level door…..is this a know issue.....is it possible for your troops to use both doors?

Hope the community can help out.

Best regard

Von_Smedman
22 Apr 2019, 01:29 AM

Forgive me if I provide incorrect information, as it's been a bit since I touched CoH2 mechanics.

The second level doors will only be accessible for entering/exiting so long as the door isn't blocked. In this case, the door is 'blocked' by being in the air. Were the 'Z' level of the terrain aligned with that door, it will be used. It may be a matter of finding the magic pixel, or in this case, Z level.

It's the same reason a barbed wire fence can prevent one door from functioning in a garrison with multiple doors.

There is an exception to buildings with zero doors accessible, where if I can recall correctly, units can potentially teleport into.

That said there are a lot of buildings that as far as I can tell serve entirely cosmetic purposes, and don't appear to function (or damage/destroy) how one might expect. When Relic overhauled how garrisons functioned years ago, I get the feeling not every building was changed and/or tested.
22 Apr 2019, 16:41 PM

Forgive me if I provide incorrect information, as it's been a bit since I touched CoH2 mechanics.

The second level doors will only be accessible for entering/exiting so long as the door isn't blocked. In this case, the door is 'blocked' by being in the air. Were the 'Z' level of the terrain aligned with that door, it will be used. It may be a matter of finding the magic pixel, or in this case, Z level.

It's the same reason a barbed wire fence can prevent one door from functioning in a garrison with multiple doors.

There is an exception to buildings with zero doors accessible, where if I can recall correctly, units can potentially teleport into.

That said there are a lot of buildings that as far as I can tell serve entirely cosmetic purposes, and don't appear to function (or damage/destroy) how one might expect. When Relic overhauled how garrisons functioned years ago, I get the feeling not every building was changed and/or tested.
Ok , thanks ZombiFrancis
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS