Login

russian armor

Doctrinal Mortar Pit

Doctrinal Mortar Pit, nondoctrinal mortar weapon team?
Option Distribution Votes
40%
60%
Total votes: 15
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Apr 2019, 14:34 PM

Proposal
  • 81mm Mortar replaces the Mortar Pit in UKF T2.
  • Pack Howitzer replaces the 81mm Mortar in UKF Lend Lease Assault Regiment.
  • Mortar Pit replaces Air Resupply Operation in Tactical Support Regiment.

Consequences
UKF gets nondoctrinal mobile indirect fire. It's not very strong, but it's there.

The Mortar Pit survives in Tactical Support Regiment, and now it's separated from Advanced Emplacements it can be balanced independently.

With Advanced Emplacements no longer functional as a SimCity commander, the Bofors can reworked into something with general utility.
17 Apr 2019, 14:47 PM

I think that the GrW34 model should be used instead of the M1 81mm one since it resembles more the 3-inch of the mortar pit.
17 Apr 2019, 15:36 PM

Might sound interesting but it wouldn't really work as the advanced cancer commander couldn't really hol its own without the mortarpit and all emplacement based strategies would stop functioning.
It would require more then a simple shift of these 2 units (the mortarpit wouldn't really fit the commanders/theme). Changing the mortarpit or adding a mortar would probably need an entire overhaul of the british faction which might not be a bad idea but a lot of work.
17 Apr 2019, 19:32 PM

it wouldn't really work as the advanced cancer commander couldn't really hol its own without the mortarpit

That's not a bad thing. Advanced Emplacements is the main thing standing in the way of a proper overhaul of the emplacements.
17 Apr 2019, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2019, 19:32 PMLago

That's not a bad thing. Advanced Emplacements is the main thing standing in the way of a proper overhaul of the emplacements.

If emplacements needed a garrison to brace I think all would be fine tbh. Sure the repair dudes could go about their work but having to tie up extra squads to reduce I coming damage (who might actually bleed) I think they would be fine. At that point adding scuttle and call it a day
17 Apr 2019, 21:04 PM

Non doc mortar team was proposed many times, but Relic doesnt agree

Unfortunately, in this case, they are still holdin on to the outdated improper implementation of assymetrical balance, i.e. strippin one faction of somethin that the other four have

P.S. that mod which someone used to mention very often (Planet smashers mod, I believe its called), is still IMO the best idea for an emplacement rework
17 Apr 2019, 21:46 PM

I would be interested to try emplacements with crews.

Emplacements are turned basically to non factional building that that other units can garrison but not use and only crews can operate them.
17 Apr 2019, 22:12 PM

This is from the WW2 mod from the workshop and it has a pretty interesting concept for the emplacements where the crewed weapon teams can spawn their emplacements instead of engineer units building them already which is a bit better and more realistic if you ask me than the current system in place:

Pak 40 hull down sort of emplacement/digging in:

Already dug in:
18 Apr 2019, 07:08 AM

Simple but really good idea.
I think this is more than ever possible.
If mortars were swapped, mortar emplacement could use a buff or two.
18 Apr 2019, 07:50 AM

I think mortar pit like DOW1 IG weapon squad will interesting?Have 8 men squad with weapon crew weapon,need long time to deploy be mortar pit but can pack up?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 195
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %