Login

russian armor

Poll - Buff unviable commander abilities

16 Apr 2019, 23:07 PM

A Panzerbusche 39 AT rifle package for the Osttruppen I believe would definitely be most welcome.
17 Apr 2019, 01:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Ost relief inf is probably the worst ability there is for Ost. Even worse than Railway arty. You spend 90 munis and you need to drop 5 models most likely 5 gren models = 150mp to get an Ostruppen squad (worth 200mp). U save 50mp at a cost of 90munis and the risk of losing an entire squad or wasting 90munis cuz u didn't get 5 models to drop in the span of 40secs.

This ability was clearly overnerfed. DO NOT USE THIS WORTHLESS ABILITY AT ALL.
17 Apr 2019, 01:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ost relief inf is probably the worst ability there is for Ost. Even worse than Railway arty. You spend 90 munis and you need to drop 5 models most likely 5 gren models = 150mp to get an Ostruppen squad (worth 200mp). U save 50mp at a cost of 90munis and the risk of losing an entire squad or wasting 90munis cuz u didn't get 5 models to drop in the span of 40secs.

This ability was clearly overnerfed. DO NOT USE THIS WORTHLESS ABILITY AT ALL.

It's not literally "spent 90 muni and 150MP each to get 200MP back" though, it requires you to lose the models probably through fighting the enemy back (unless you know they got a mine field you can suicide through I guess...), which has its inherent benefit of "trying to not lose the game", so I don't think it's fair to simply consider regard the resource expenditure as that.
17 Apr 2019, 04:19 AM

Thing is, losses are inevitable. I'd love to see some replays of 0 loss games. Try or not you WILL take losses. Enemy arty? Could lose a squad. Attacking a position? Likely drop a few guys. Katy? Gunna happen. God forbid an isu hits the field.... Getting a more durable squad back is not an awful ability when it's for the inevitable. At least ostroppen can fight from cover and get a weapon upgrade and build bunkers *looks at rapid conscription*

Edit:it also procs on ostroppen models.. So the first pop might cost 150mp but the second one might be much cheaper...
17 Apr 2019, 10:37 AM

Look at my alternative trench in my mod. I made it to replace the Ostheer trenches.

Now it is possible to play with Osttruppen...
17 Apr 2019, 10:42 AM

You can abuse relief infantry if you have a flame halftrack:

1. Burn team weapon crew, reinforce once: first Osttruppen squad.
2. Retreat Osttruppen squad immediately
3. Carefully cook the Osttruppen models, but keep the squad alive (Osttruppen reinforce super quickly, so low risk): second and third Osttruppen squad.
4. Recrew team weapon with more trustworthy truppen.

Now you have three Osttruppen squads for 244+ manpower and 90 muni :sibDZ:

Too bad it's at 6 CP. :guyokay:
17 Apr 2019, 14:57 PM

3. Carefully cook the Osttruppen models, but keep the squad alive (Osttruppen reinforce super quickly, so low risk): second and third Osttruppen squad.

Even more reason to have the ability straight up replaced by either the regular Osttruppen call in or the Mobile Defense one.

Also a couple of other ideas for the other 2 things:

I suggest the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers replace the Grenadiers in the 250 Mechanized Group, introduces a new and unique unit with voice lines and everything.

And if the Osttruppen get a Panzerbusche 39 package it would be fine if the MG34 and Pak 40 (which was far too heavy to be airdropped) to perhaps be replaced by the Pak 36 (using the M42 model) and LeIG 18.

Both would be entirely new and unique introductions to the Ostheer plus the 450 manpower price tag of the supplies never made it worth it in my opinion.
17 Apr 2019, 19:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Thing is, losses are inevitable. I'd love to see some replays of 0 loss games. Try or not you WILL take losses. Enemy arty? Could lose a squad. Attacking a position? Likely drop a few guys. Katy? Gunna happen. God forbid an isu hits the field.... Getting a more durable squad back is not an awful ability when it's for the inevitable. At least ostroppen can fight from cover and get a weapon upgrade and build bunkers *looks at rapid conscription*

Edit:it also procs on ostroppen models.. So the first pop might cost 150mp but the second one might be much cheaper...

The thing is its hard to lose 5 models IN 40 SECONDS without purposely losing some models (unless u already have ostruppen), models you wouldn't have lost if u didn't pop the ability. The ability has been overnerfed. I think giving 50 seconds is fair.
17 Apr 2019, 20:39 PM

The thing is its hard to lose 5 models IN 40 SECONDS without purposely losing some models (unless u already have ostruppen), models you wouldn't have lost if u didn't pop the ability. The ability has been overnerfed. I think giving 50 seconds is fair.

60 seconds, see the updated ability guide.
17 Apr 2019, 22:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

...Ok, that would be in fact trading 244+ manpower, 90 muni and somewhere in the realm of 60 seconds to get 600 manpower back.

"You men will be the first of the second wave in! Stand ready to move at a moment's notice!"

"Who's the arschloch commanding this anyway?"

"Kommandant DerbyHat."

*Speaking Osttrupp sweats profusely*

"Yeah, you'll probably be doing that soon enough anyway."
17 Apr 2019, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2019, 22:31 PMVuther

...Ok, that would be in fact trading 244+ manpower, 90 muni and somewhere in the realm of 60 seconds to get 600 manpower back.

"You men will be the first of the second wave in! Stand ready to move at a moment's notice!"

"Who's the arschloch commanding this anyway?"

"Kommandant DerbyHat."

*Speaking Osttrupp sweats profusely*

"Yeah, you'll probably be doing that soon enough anyway."

Fresh out the meme factory.

18 Apr 2019, 01:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fresh out the meme factory.

GIVE THAT MAN AN IRON CROSS!

-----

I really don't think Relief Infantry's unworkable. A few number changes, possibly not even straight up "buffs" exactly, would bring it back to good while it's definitely a bit rough to do at the moment (and probably requires some HT reinforcement micro compared to the old "A-Move to enemy lines within 2 minutes" requirement). As mentioned before, the cost of the troops you'll be reinforcing is a bit nebulous due to being able to have them killed fighting the enemy while the 90 muni for the ability's the equivalent of 180 MP (so sayeth Relic), so the cost-to-gain ratio's definitely not in a bad place. A muni cost increase while turning the rewarded squads requirement back down to 4, giving the buff another 30 seconds duration, CP reduction, reducing the muni cost while limiting it to two rewarded squads...any of that stuff would allow it to be more easily used to its full potential while not causing you to sweat constantly as you try to immediately press R as your Gren squads go down to 1 man.

-----

Ok now back on topic... I'd go with 1. for Osttruppen Reserves, 1. for Mechanized Grenadier Group, 3. for Supply Drop. Really, regardless out of these suggestions, the CP reduction is probably the real key necessity that should happen for sure (Reserves and Supply Drop might even be fine with just that...slightly less likely for Reserves though).
18 Apr 2019, 03:03 AM

AT rifle with ostruppen is very good idea

It fits well with the Commander concept(mobile defense) and weh need early anti-vehicle weapon

18 Apr 2019, 18:32 PM

one idea i had for relief infantry was that it was available from either 0 or 3 cp. after it, it would be passive ability that automatically replaces any lost infantry unit with osttruppen squad, but it would cap at 3rd squad. It would therefore not encourage just trying to put your units to harms way to get results and it would allow to soften taken losses. I can see it being maybe broken, but i think that is still better than current one.
18 Apr 2019, 19:27 PM

one idea i had for relief infantry was that it was available from either 0 or 3 cp. after it, it would be passive ability that automatically replaces any lost infantry unit with osttruppen squad, but it would cap at 3rd squad. It would therefore not encourage just trying to put your units to harms way to get results and it would allow to soften taken losses. I can see it being maybe broken, but i think that is still better than current one.

I think 1 Osttruppen squad for every 2 squads you lose could work. That way you can't just trade a squad that has 1 model left and don't want to reinforce.

Edit: It would still be a risky implemenentation, because you can just kill and recrew your own team weapons for free Osttruppen.
19 Apr 2019, 04:29 AM

This would be awesome for SU and cons
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS