Login

russian armor

Help help, I need help about Ostheer

16 Apr 2019, 15:24 PM

Hi, all, I' m a really new one. In this game, I' m the TERRIBLE Ostheer player and the opponent is the British Forces. Actually, even until now, I still don' t know how to win this game, I' m really confused about what little strategy I should use about Ostheer. Can any good guy give me some advices, I will really appreciate it :)
Here is what' s going on in my thought during the game:
1. Before 8 minutes: OMG, how to solve the "Universal Carrier"? It' s so annoying. There is no AT I can use now, it just forces all my soldiers retreat to base. How can I dodge the "Universal Carrier" or kill it? I' m not sure what is the best stratagy to engage it. Okey, I' ll need to build my 222 as soon as possible.
2. Before 11 minutes: How can I hold one fuel constantly? So annoying.
3. At 11:50 : What? A truck kills my 222, are you kidding me? Oh, why are there two rifles inside. I' ve never seen this car before, I' ll look at it five more seconds.
4. At 14th minute: I guessed he would build a tank, so I just bulid an AT and it seems inconvenient on this map... There is so much human power left, why I have no oil [angry]
5. 15 - 20 minutes: How to kill the Bofors? Okey, I' ll build some mortars. Oh, the truck is really a headache.
6. Before the end: I just want to hold the VPs, but so many tanks and mines, and so I lost...

22 Apr 2019, 17:48 PM

Hey dude.

The short answer to your feedback is to just write of this game. You faced a top 200 guy with thousainds of hours more than you under his belt. The odds were completely unfair and you just picked the very short end of the stick in the match making.

Having said that I will still give you some general pointers on your specific questions, but as I am on holiday I will not be able to watch the game so some things will be guesswork.

1. the UC is a serious problem for wehr in the early game. there is really not any other way of putting it frankly. Regardless of your opening and doctrine, you really won't have a good counter to it before the 222, and if managed right you will be so fuel starved that the AEC will hit the field at the same time. I wish I could give you better advice, but in short you will just have to try and cap the other side of the map and perhaps see if you can get lucky with a faust and ganging up on it with a few grens.

2. This problem is most likely tied with the first one. A UK player with good micro of a UC (which a top 200 will have) is going to absolutely punish your fuel.

3. I imagie that your opponent had picked the special weapons commander with the m M3 truck and possibly put in one or two tank hunter Infantry sections. These will outmanouver and outgun your 222. Snares and well placed mines can counter it, but if he took you by surprise then there is, once again, not much you can do.

4. pretty much the same again i suppose o_O

5. AHA. Here I might be able to help you a bit :)

The bofors and sim city can be a real struggle for newer players to handle. I personally found that the best way to deal with them is to get a doctrine with the mortar halftrack and use incindeary rounds and barrage on them- Two is ideal as you can time it between brace and ensure that they cannot be repaired by neaby infantry as they will die to the flames. There are other options as well, but I found that this is the easiest and requires the lowest maintenance.

I hope this was of some help and would also reccomend that you read my beginners guide if you haven't already.
https://www.coh2.org/guides/70864/from-recruit-to-veteran

Best of luck and keep at it. you will get better in time :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★