Login

russian armor

Allow Sov & Ost Half-tracks to be foreword retreat points?

14 Apr 2019, 09:00 AM

Is this a balanced idea?

You wold have to pay an extra fee to unlock the foreword retreat point
14 Apr 2019, 10:56 AM

14 Apr 2019, 11:14 AM

not, soviets m5 just needs a consistent buff.
14 Apr 2019, 11:23 AM

Soviets dont need a forward retreat point. Cheap 6 man squads that can retreat and reinforce quickly in the field is a nightmare.

The M5 is fine.
14 Apr 2019, 16:27 PM

The idea has some merit to it but only thematically fits the Soviets since the Ost have their commander bunkers which make more sense to have the Forward Retreat Point rather than their 251 Halftrack if you ask me.
14 Apr 2019, 17:31 PM

That's a hard no from me. Once upon a time retreating meant something It meant giving up ground because you had to go all the way back to base and all the way back to the front. Pushing off a squad was a big deal and soft retreats were a thing because of it. Now you have blobs that retreat to a frp just behind the front at the slightest inconvenience because in 12 seconds they will be back on the front. Let's not drag the properly designed factions into that pit of shame too please
14 Apr 2019, 18:22 PM

That's a hard no from me. Once upon a time retreating meant something It meant giving up ground because you had to go all the way back to base and all the way back to the front. Pushing off a squad was a big deal and soft retreats were a thing because of it. Now you have blobs that retreat to a frp just behind the front at the slightest inconvenience because in 12 seconds they will be back on the front. Let's not drag the properly designed factions into that pit of shame too please

No offense but if the Eastern Front Armies were as "properly designed" as you say I doubt they would need the changes the Ost are getting and the Soviets got to bring them in line.

Now you can say that the WFA shook the balance of power upon their release but if we're real here the game would not be as popular as it is right now with just the Ost vs Soviets so it was inevitable to happen at one point in time.

In the Ost vs Soviet match up of pre-WFA I would say yes, they were properly designed but not anymore with the introduction of many new tools, units and options for everybody, and this only proves that they were "properly designed" for that specific time but not anymore.
15 Apr 2019, 15:16 PM

No offense but if the Eastern Front Armies were as "properly designed" as you say I doubt they would need the changes the Ost are getting and the Soviets got to bring them in line.

Now you can say that the WFA shook the balance of power upon their release but if we're real here the game would not be as popular as it is right now with just the Ost vs Soviets so it was inevitable to happen at one point in time.

In the Ost vs Soviet match up of pre-WFA I would say yes, they were properly designed but not anymore with the introduction of many new tools, units and options for everybody, and this only proves that they were "properly designed" for that specific time but not anymore.

I agree, forward retreat points did ruin a lot of this game. It's not like rifles or volks are weak squads. Giving up ground should mean more, but it doesn't.. so then you get the blob retreat and we get to frag bomb it. Or IL-2.
15 Apr 2019, 19:00 PM

The new tools introduced were not well designed. EFA was designed with its counterparts in mind. WFA didn't give a shit at all and THAT is the cause of EFA reworks,not poor design.
15 Apr 2019, 20:05 PM

The new tools introduced were not well designed. EFA was designed with its counterparts in mind. WFA didn't give a shit at all and THAT is the cause of EFA reworks,not poor design.

The same could be said about the EFA and WFA as well.

The old EFA tools were not designed to fight anything apart from each other, and the WFA were designed with their counterpart in mind. So Ost vs Soviets would be balanced, and OKW vs USF would be balanced as well, because they were again like I already said designed with each other in mind, but not to cross over.

We're seeing the fallout of that years later.

Want an example? The original CoH's Armies, upon the addition of the Panzer Elite and Brits with Opposing Fronts it added new flavor to the game but didn't break it, and the original Armies were all around at least for the most part more popular, chosen and arguably superior.

They introduced radical new designs but Relic didn't have to do 5 reworks for each Army to get them in line.

Of course there's also the Brits here who I am guessing were designed to fight the OKW and not Ost and that's perhaps why they fair so badly against the Ostheer which is yet another example of bad core Army design in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★