Login

russian armor

Ostheer in 1v1

11 Apr 2019, 17:17 PM

What strategies currently work for Ostheer in 1v1?
11 Apr 2019, 17:25 PM

1) /L

2) Switch to OKW
11 Apr 2019, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned
People say u cant win with ostheer, its not correct. Just play 2x better than your opponent and you will win.
11 Apr 2019, 17:34 PM

Ok seriously now, maybe this video helps

3 May 2019, 17:00 PM

Hi.
I'm afraid the replay proves very little. The winner is a total pro. Just incredible game he had. Unit preservation, map awareness and simulataneous attacks in 2 different places on the map were just incredible.
3 May 2019, 17:03 PM

And, by the way, what's the new ost meta as I can't figure out anything. The more I experiment the more I lose.
3 May 2019, 17:09 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Hi.
I'm afraid the replay proves very little. The winner is a total pro. Just incredible game he had. Unit preservation, map awareness and simulataneous attacks in 2 different places on the map were just incredible.

Kimbo has beaten every other player aswell with his OKW. Jove was R U S T Y asf, which is definatly a factor in this.

Ostheer is not only weak in 1v1, it also is in 2v2 most of the times. :/

In addition to Lago, Price has been using Stormtroopers very effictevly the last week, mostly in 2v2 tho, but maybe that's the way to go. Dane also has been playing them a lot and got to rank 1 with it. Maybe it's Stormtrooper time atm
3 May 2019, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 17:09 PMd0ggY

Ostheer is not only weak in 1v1, it also is in 2v2 most of the times. :/

In addition to Lago, Price has been using Stormtroopers very effictevly the last week, mostly in 2v2 tho, but maybe that's the way to go. Dane also has been playing them a lot and got to rank 1 with it. Maybe it's Stormtrooper time atm

Soooo sad. It seems ost loses models like crazy white other fractions lose heath first. And many other problems from repair speed to a lot of tiers which don't give you anything superior. Nightmare :( (Even the mg. It has far inferior line of sight compared to other mgs, which probably makes it the worst mg in the game. Plus it's so slow on the setup and slow to follow units in its arc of fire. And when it finally hits it just pins and needs long time to actually kill and models giving opponents plenty of time to react) :(
3 May 2019, 20:16 PM

Soooo sad. It seems ost loses models like crazy white other fractions lose heath first. And many other problems from repair speed to a lot of tiers which don't give you anything superior. Nightmare :( (Even the mg. It has far inferior line of sight compared to other mgs, which probably makes the vorst mg in the game. And so slow on the setup and to follow units in its arc of fire) :(

Does it? I thought 35 metres was pretty standard.
3 May 2019, 20:57 PM

".... and I guess that is why the MG42 is the worst mg...."

Ok. Wow. Cant say Im surprised tho since this is coh2.org forum :foreveralone:
3 May 2019, 21:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I currently do a jaeger infantry build that skips t1 right now.

It's one extra pioneer (so two in total), then two mg42s. Do a greedy capping order so that you can get fast fuel, tech BP1 as fast as possible, get your t2 up as fast as possible, and get a 222 as fast as possible (you'll probably be floating a lot of manpower right now, and if you are, you can put up your med bunker right now).

Once your 222 is out, if your opponent got a super light vehicle (m3/uc) then you want to hunt it down and dive it as fast as possible. If you do, thats a really big win. If not, then you just want to get map control with the 222 since you should be really losing most of the map now. You also have 1 cp by now, so you upgrade your mg42s with camo. After, get a pgren (upgrade it with camo and g43s if possible), then either another pgren or a pak. After that comes the command squad so that you have the faust.

I haven't seen anyone use the build, but I think it has potential. I wish more people would give it a try, but convincing someone to go ostheer is hard enough - convincing them to go as weird of a build as this is...
3 May 2019, 21:07 PM

doing it
3 May 2019, 21:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 21:07 PMLago

doing it

Let me know how it goes. Seriously, I'd like help refining it. Though tbh, might not be as comparatively good after the patch since one of the main advantages it has over standard builds is early pgrens, and standard builds will be able to get them early anyway after.
3 May 2019, 21:19 PM

It's one extra pioneer (so two in total), then two mg42s. Do a greedy capping order so that you can get fast fuel, tech BP1 as fast as possible, get your t2 up as fast as possible, and get a 222 as fast as possible (you'll probably be floating a lot of manpower right now, and if you are, you can put up your med bunker right now).

Once your 222 is out, if your opponent got a super light vehicle (m3/uc) then you want to hunt it down and dive it as fast as possible. If you do, thats a really big win. If not, then you just want to get map control with the 222 since you should be really losing most of the map now. You also have 1 cp by now, so you upgrade your mg42s with camo. After, get a pgren (upgrade it with camo and g43s if possible), then either another pgren or a pak. After that comes the command squad so that you have the faust.

I haven't seen anyone use the build, but I think it has potential. I wish more people would give it a try, but convincing someone to go ostheer is hard enough - convincing them to go as weird of a build as this is...

Thanks for the feedback :) The fact that you need to experiment with ostheer proves the point I guess. I've tried that too and it's more solid than other options but still, a few mistakes and you're dead with ost. For example, 222 is fragile as hell.
3 May 2019, 21:22 PM

".... and I guess that is why the MG42 is the worst mg...."

Ok. Wow. Cant say Im surprised tho since this is coh2.org forum :foreveralone:

Hi. Yes it is. I stole a Soviet mg and it worked so much better actually killing stuff and was able to reposition and kill much quicker. After the game finished I realised that the difference was line of sight. It just had more time to react to incoming units. And of course it killed and pinned while mg42 just pins. Ost has always been build around mg42 and combined arms. Now it seems reversed (allies have better combined arms)and one of the reasons is stuff like mgs line of sight.
3 May 2019, 21:35 PM

Generally allied light vehicles are more likey to kill your 222 than you are likely to kill them. They repair really quickly, can cap points with crews, and one of them has a bazooka crew. Their armour is not penetrated by small arms. If the player is a bit skillful they will bleed your manpower. They may even want to absorb fausts to drain you from munitions. If you invest in a pak, they will overrun you with infantry. You can only count on their mistakes and overextending with their light vehicle. If they are not really bad they will always come with infantry first to spot for the light vehicle. Oh it's just bad :(
3 May 2019, 21:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Generally allied light vehicles are more likey to kill your 222 than you are likely to kill them. They repair really quickly, can cap points with crews, and one of them has a bazooka crew. Their armour is not penetrated by small arms. If the player is a bit skillful they will bleed your manpower. They may even want to absorb fausts to drain you from munitions. If you invest in a pak, they will overrun you with infantry. You can only count on their mistakes and overextending with their light vehicle. If they are not really bad they will always come with infantry first to spot for the light vehicle. Oh it's just bad :(

Have you actually tried the build though?
3 May 2019, 22:33 PM

Let me know how it goes. Seriously, I'd like help refining it. Though tbh, might not be as comparatively good after the patch since one of the main advantages it has over standard builds is early pgrens, and standard builds will be able to get them early anyway after.

Impressions after three automatch games, all of which were versus USF.

Early double stealth HMG made it quite easy to keep your side of the map. I tended to use one in a defensive role and the other to support attacks.

The triple G43 PGrens are retreat wiping gods. It's almost enough to make me worried about the price cut they're getting.

The key thing I found is I had to be very careful with the HMGs: this is a very lean build where every unit (except perhaps the second pioneer) is important. By the third game I was deliberately leaving uncapped points near my base for the HMGs to cap so the Pioneers would always be in front.

While I'm not in a position to judge its power, I definitely intend to keep using it.
4 May 2019, 00:34 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 22:33 PMLago

Impressions after three automatch games, all of which were versus USF.

Early double stealth HMG made it quite easy to keep your side of the map. I tended to use one in a defensive role and the other to support attacks.

The triple G43 PGrens are retreat wiping gods. It's almost enough to make me worried about the price cut they're getting.

The key thing I found is I had to be very careful with the HMGs: this is a very lean build where every unit (except perhaps the second pioneer) is important. By the third game I was deliberately leaving uncapped points near my base for the HMGs to cap so the Pioneers would always be in front.

While I'm not in a position to judge its power, I definitely intend to keep using it.

Any versus vehicle starts (m3, wc51, UC)? If the enemy plays aggressively, I find the build struggles to make it to the 222 in time.
4 May 2019, 00:39 AM

Any versus vehicle starts (m3, wc51, UC)? If the enemy plays aggressively, I find the build struggles to make it to the 222 in time.

Just Stuarts and AAHTs so far.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS