Login

russian armor

StuGs

7 Apr 2019, 14:58 PM

When's the right time to use StuGs?

• They're not good en masse as an anti-heavy unit because all their shells bounce.
  • They're not great against tank destroyers because they get outranged.
  • Ostheer already has the medium tank advantage over vanilla tanks, so you might as well get another P4 if you're against standard mediums.
  • They don't counter lights because they can't keep up with them.

I'm not sure what they're for. T-34/85s, maybe?
7 Apr 2019, 15:03 PM

Early StuGs are pretty good in the mid game to hardcounter allied medium tanks.
In the late game I have seen StuG spam working with a command p4 and spotting scopes. But I would definitely prefer t4 instead in late game
11 Apr 2019, 19:35 PM

I think the Stug III Ausf. E is garbage. You're supposed to use it against static infantry and buildings, and its bad at both. Along with a static gun and weak armor, it has absolutely no use. It might be way better if it had a flame projector instead of that goofy assault gun.
11 Apr 2019, 21:23 PM

I think the Stug III Ausf. E is garbage. You're supposed to use it against static infantry and buildings, and its bad at both. Along with a static gun and weak armor, it has absolutely no use. It might be way better if it had a flame projector instead of that goofy assault gun.

StuG E is great, it's basically a mini Brummbar (but better imo).
11 Apr 2019, 22:23 PM

I think Stug's currently aren't really too cost-efficient against medium tanks but are useful if your opponent has opted for multiple light vehicles such as T-70's, Stuarts, AEC, M8's and the AA HT which are all units Ostheer struggles against with just access to Tier 2. The 34-76 might be the only medium tank I think the Stug can match up with pretty evenly, maybe the Cromwell but in most cases I would rather get a P4 to duel most non-doctrinal allied mediums.
17 Apr 2019, 05:50 AM

I'm not a fan either, but if allies are wrecking you with light vehicles, trying to counter with paks can be super risky if their inf is overrunning you. If you squeeze enough fuel out for a stug, then it gives you breathing room to try make it further into the game
8 Aug 2019, 16:23 PM

I'm not a fan either, but if allies are wrecking you with light vehicles, trying to counter with paks can be super risky if their inf is overrunning you. If you squeeze enough fuel out for a stug, then it gives you breathing room to try make it further into the game

Thats is 100% accurate.

i cannot add much to the topic., but lets try it.

Stugs are pretty nice to add base "firepower" for example., you have a panther and a tiger., but the situation is quite critical with the manpower and the fuel., if is late game bringing a PAK40 maybe hard because normally in that moment the allied arty spam is brokenm the things are going to hell.,
you cannot get another panther so.,

you bring a stug and use it in tandem like a second shooter.,
your panther/tiger can be your sponge for bullets when he appear., and then stug coming for another angle or besides your target throwing a second shot. maybe that shot put you in enough adventage to get that kill.

or they own Stugs G have a decent penetration., the only tank that give me SERIOUS trouble is the Churchill, IS-2, ISU-152. and M36 (that firepower + mobility is great) , there you NEED PAK40 or Panther. Or "better call Elephant"

KV 1 and stug can go toe to toe .,but try to keep max range so KV-1 have problems to pen stug III frontal.
infantry support can make the difference.

All "mediums" / "Mediums +" tanks can be destroyed by stugs., and are a very noble unit with low price.
but to secure kill they need infantry assistance in form of mines, panzerfaust, the key around is undestand this., They are not frontal units., they can hold 1 or 2 shots., but no more than that.
are a support gun.

About the "Stug E" is a strange unit to recomend., like a mini brumbar., is nice vs infantry and support units., the unit also have parabolical shot so you can shoot throw bulidings and trees using attack ground command, this unit is not about getting wipes like the brumbar is about to put enemy infantry in constant harasment., destroying his cover ., and low their HP so your granadiers can finish the job. once vetted the unit have stun shot like the Stug G, strange thing., i like to have some Kt.Kw.K. (A Canister shot)
that could be awesome haha.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS