29%
21%
14%
7%
21%
Total votes: 28
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Apr 2019, 08:03 AM

I dont know what balance team think about it.....I got some idea for OKW new commander tiger tank....now tiger need all HQ deploy make tiger useless----why I dont call in KT?KT also can upgrade panzer commander....
1.Still call in 13cp
2.15cp call in reworked Tiger ace----tiger ace can't upgrade panzer commander,it still let OKW player want deploy PanzerHQ and training P4 or panther
3.Call in tiger ace after all HQ deploy---at least,tiger ace with spearhead and blitz ,they are useful ability
3 Apr 2019, 11:57 AM

Definitely the Tiger Ace, and probably as a very late call-in.

As a call-in, a Tiger I is dangerous. It turns Grand Offensive into better Special Operations, which is the dominant doctrine.

Locked behind three trucks, it's just not worth it. I don't see how it'd ever be better than the two SPHQ tanks you could buy with the resources needed to backtech and call the Tiger.

Plus, it solves it having no skin.
3 Apr 2019, 12:19 PM

Just put it in the SPHQ.

Its not like you can rush it.
3 Apr 2019, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 11:57 AMLago
Definitely the Tiger Ace, and probably as a very late call-in.

As a call-in, a Tiger I is dangerous. It turns Grand Offensive into better Special Operations, which is the dominant doctrine.

Locked behind three trucks, it's just not worth it. I don't see how it'd ever be better than the two SPHQ tanks you could buy with the resources needed to backtech and call the Tiger.

Plus, it solves it having no skin.

I guess balance team just want OKW do not use tiger replace PanzerHQ,so in 2.0 they give IR44,now give panzer commander but dont want player use tiger with commander too early or repalce T4......
But this change make tiger call in toooooooo late,and why we don't chose KT?
I think tiger ace is best solution,tiger ace can not upgrade panzer commander,and 15cp(or 3 trucks deployed....) is late enough,this two problem will make OKW deploy PanzerHQ for safe.....and reworked tiger ace is very useful unit,I think reworked TigerAce as good as KT
3 Apr 2019, 12:34 PM

Just make it require T4 but keep the CP requirement. Then apply this to Ost Tiger, IS2, Pershing, Command Panther and Crocodile.
3 Apr 2019, 13:45 PM

OKW was never mean to get a super strong generalist tank aside from the KT.
Tiger1 is a problem because with only 2 truck requirement it comes definitively too early and be almost incouterable while dealing massive damage to infantry the moment it hit the field if the opponent didn't decide to preventivaly build a TD.
Have fun countering Tiger with a squad of Obers + usual 4volks gang squads with only infantry and Atgun if you happen to be behind in fuel.
Oh and let's not forget the dual raketen hidden in the shadow just behind, Tiger soak damage and raketen just eat allied medium trying to stop it.

Tiger behind 3 tech structure is not better since it make it comes too late.
3 Apr 2019, 13:48 PM

It would be nice if there was a choice between a King Tiger or Tiger when you have reached the requirements. It would be nice to at least have an alternative than just having KT as the only option by default!
3 Apr 2019, 13:59 PM

Honestly, what's the issue here besides veterancy being too hard to grow to unlock the unique auras?

Too early on the field? Increase CPs.
Too little impact? Change the veterancy.

There's nothing to do much beyond that. The rest is just toy wishlisting.
3 Apr 2019, 14:04 PM

I guess balance team just want OKW do not use tiger replace PanzerHQ,so in 2.0 they give IR44,now give panzer commander but dont want player use tiger with commander too early or repalce T4......

A call-in heavy is insanely strong for OKW. The Command Panther already makes Special Operations the top commander, and that's for a tank with piss all anti-infantry ability.

A call-in Tiger would easily make Grand Offensive the new top commander, especially given it also gives anti-tank infantry.
3 Apr 2019, 14:13 PM

Honestly, what's the issue here besides veterancy being too hard to grow to unlock the unique auras?

Too early on the field? Increase CPs.
Too little impact? Change the veterancy.

There's nothing to do much beyond that. The rest is just toy wishlisting.

So in other words just make it a Tiger Ace from the get-go?

I mean that's basically what people are saying. At present the OKW Tiger I is in this weird spot of being a stock Tiger that's not really worth getting with the current requirements, but with the potential of being a "special" Tiger, though this will take forever especially when combined with the current requirements of having all trucks out.

By making it a Tiger Ace it will be delayed to a point where a Tiger stall is difficult, and expensive, thus avoiding the Command Panther syndrome.

At the same time, it won't just be this boring stock Tiger I, and at present, I feel this doctrine needs something to make it stand out.
3 Apr 2019, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 13:45 PMEsxile
Tiger1 is a problem because with only 2 truck requirement it comes definitively too early and be almost incouterable while dealing massive damage to infantry the moment it hit the field if the opponent didn't decide to preventivaly build a TD.
Have fun countering Tiger with a squad of Obers + usual 4volks gang squads with only infantry and Atgun if you happen to be behind in fuel.
Oh and let's not forget the dual raketen hidden in the shadow just behind, Tiger soak damage and raketen just eat allied medium trying to stop it.

if OkW get tigers, they will literally dominate the whole world.
3 Apr 2019, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 13:45 PMEsxile

Sure ... the all mighty Tiger. U know why no one goes for the OST Tiger ... because its crap. (and the 60TD Meta)
And Ost had(back than) a very potend strat for T3 into Tiger.
3 Apr 2019, 15:48 PM

This poll doesn't make sense, in my one people voted for OKW keeping their Tiger instead of it being replaced by the Ace.

But in my opinion the current Tiger should be put in the HQ and then locked behind 2 setup HQ trucks like it was done for the KT a long time ago.
3 Apr 2019, 16:16 PM

For a faction with a non-doc heavy tank, I don't think OKW need Tiger at all.
4 Apr 2019, 07:00 AM

Sure ... the all mighty Tiger. U know why no one goes for the OST Tiger ... because its crap. (and the 60TD Meta)
And Ost had(back than) a very potend strat for T3 into Tiger.

Then guess why the balance team put it behing 3 tech structures. They put themselves in a dead end situation where to please the people they gave to this doctrine the Tiger before considering the whole balance situation.
Ostheer is not OKW, Ostheer start slowly and defensively, Ostheer doesn't have potent Lvs roaming the battlefield, Ostheer can't have Puma and Tiger together, Ostheer doesn't have T3 structure that can lock 1/3 of the map etc... Ostheer faction has been and is still balanced around the fact they get Tiger in various of their doctrines.

Last, if the Tiger is so bad as you describe it, why people want it so badly for the OKW new doctrine?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★