Login

russian armor

UI questions

25 Mar 2019, 20:01 PM

Hi, everyone-
I'm working on a mod that includes a strange unit. It's infantry, but plays the role of a tank. There are a few changes to the UI I'd like to make for it.

-What determines the row a unit appears in in the Squad Control display in the upper right? I want it to appear in the vehicle row. It seems to be in the .ebp, but I can't find the exact thing to change.

-Is there a way to add in a new cover icon? The way that Tommies/Osttruppen get theirs is using a "Cover icon suffix", which doesn't seem possible to create with a tuning pack.

Thanks!
8 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM

Also, is there any way to edit the name and portrait of commanders? It seems like any changes made to them are ignored on game loading.
9 Apr 2019, 00:11 AM
Modmaker Badge

About your second question: as far as I know, is not possible to edit vanilla commanders.
9 Apr 2019, 06:11 AM

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure if that limitation applied to the UI as well.
10 Apr 2019, 14:07 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

-What determines the row a unit appears in in the Squad Control display in the upper right? I want it to appear in the vehicle row. It seems to be in the .ebp, but I can't find the exact thing to change.

I would try editing the unit type. Maybe that will do the trick.

-Is there a way to add in a new cover icon? The way that Tommies/Osttruppen get theirs is using a "Cover icon suffix", which doesn't seem possible to create with a tuning pack.

What do you mean by a "cover icon"?

Also, is there any way to edit the name and portrait of commanders? It seems like any changes made to them are ignored on game loading.

The only thing you can edit on the commanders is their abilities. The name, description or the portrait cant be edited with the current tools.
10 Apr 2019, 21:03 PM

Unit type would definitely make sense. I hope there aren't too many side effects from messing with that.

By "cover icon", I mean the green or yellow shield that appears on the unit's UI. Tommies and Osttruppen have a special version of the icon with a sword on it. I'd like to make another variant of the icon, but instead of asking for the ModIcons_ location, it asks for a "cover icon suffix", which points to the game's UI files rather than the mod's.

I was pretty sure that was the case, but good to hear it confirmed.

Thank you!
20 Apr 2019, 07:06 AM

For anyone in the future who comes across this, I found the answer to the Squad Control row question: it's determined by posture_ext. That setting is what makes the unit animate properly as a human, so it's not possible to change rows without breaking the unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★