Login

russian armor

Revamp Volksgrenadiers terms of versatility OKW

7 Apr 2019, 11:51 AM

Does anyone want to nerf versatiliy of Volks to balance as like I have mentioned comment 39 & 40.

In turn for making Luchs performing better or as least as good as T70 against infantry only specifically (which performs currently worse overall). Make supressive ability come earlier, to at least vet 2 or 3. Vet 5 is ridiculous. I can emphasise more if needed.

Kubel needs adjustments. Mentioned on "Kubel needs changes" forum and Veterancy adjustments needs to be looked over. MG34 needs a little more suppression (can emphasise more if needed). Leig18 needs some kick which is does not, the least AOE of all mortars, nobody usually takes it (can emphasise more if needed).

I feel if these things are fixed, there will no longer be problems experienced by anybody playing as any allied faction especially playing as OKW.
8 Apr 2019, 17:07 PM

Permanently Banned
I think an easy and non-controversial way to fix volks is to increase to 260 and remove sandbags and make them doctrinal or make them available at vet 1 or 2
8 Apr 2019, 18:20 PM

I think an easy and non-controversial way to fix volks is to increase to 260 and remove sandbags and make them doctrinal or make them available at vet 1 or 2

How will that help exactly?
8 Apr 2019, 23:52 PM

How will that help exactly?

You won't have a cheap but strong squad that's also able to improve its situation by creating green cover. The problem with Volks is that despite there being 3 squads in the okw army they themselves are designed to do every single task one could want and do it nearly as well or better than their counterparts. Taking away some of what they can do would help justify what they do do.
9 Apr 2019, 02:20 AM

I have a theory here. There are only three possible outcomes when it comes to balancing CoH2 Axis factions:

1.) CoH1 Wehrmacht Clone
2.) CoH1 Panzer Elite Clone
3.) Hot Garbage

I mean, years of this forum have given us this precedent.
9 Apr 2019, 02:35 AM

I have an idea.

The sandbags can only be built by Sturmpios. Therefore it would require OKW to purchase more Sturmpios in order to build more defensive structures and sandbags. That is a step towards decreasing Volks overall versatility.

Price, I am not too sure about the change.

I did a test, on test mod which was a while ago!

Grens default vs Volks default. The answer Grens won which is surprising. (for the sake of comparison and test)

With Upgrades is a different story however!

I do not think price increase for Volks is a good idea unless they performed better than Grens by default.

An idea for Sturmpio

Buff Sturmpio accuracy to the way Pzgrens are but should have a bigger target size than them.

Reason for this is to create more heavily reliance upon Sturmpio. Sturmpio should also be a good combat unit. Do not get me wrong, it is good but it dies quickly currently while dealing only good enough damage when it closes in, close range only. Mid range it feels kind of bad.

Comparing Price and Performance, another test

Penals vs Sturmpio both same price

Penals won mid and long range most of all the time
Sturmpio usually won when it started of at close range.

In Conclusion it is currently either you manage to ambush close range or you support it at all times hoping the enemy concentrate on Volks instead. That is how it is. I suggest improving its accuracy a little.

OR

Just make its "concussion grenade" come vet 1 instead. No buffs. To help close in the gap as an engaging combat unit. Make it use munitions. Another way of seeing it.

Otherwise.
It should be able to compete at least mid range with Penals which it is quite horrible at.

Why do this, is to force OKW to purchase more Sturmpio and to create more reliance upon them. Otherwise Volks will be the dominant force of OKW still.

It is not the final thoughts, still in development. My aim is to take away this centred focus of heavily reliance on Volks mainly.

As it currently is

Volks, Volks, Volks, Volks.

It should be more like

Volks, Volks, Sturmpio, maybe Sturmpio or Volks.

To bring about diversity and broader reliance than something clearly cost effective.

The Price of Volks however should stay the same I believe. It just needs to switch up the capabilities a little bit to more diversion.

9 Apr 2019, 03:18 AM

I have an idea.

The sandbags can only be built by Sturmpios. Therefore it would require OKW to purchase more Sturmpios in order to build more defensive structures and sandbags. That is a step towards decreasing Volks overall versatility.

Price, I am not too sure about the change.

I did a test, on test mod which was a while ago!

Grens default vs Volks default. The answer Grens won which is surprising. (for the sake of comparison and test)

With Upgrades is a different story however!

I do not think price increase for Volks is a good idea unless they performed better than Grens by default.

An idea for Sturmpio

Buff Sturmpio accuracy to the way Pzgrens are but should have a bigger target size than them.

Reason for this is to create more heavily reliance upon Sturmpio. Sturmpio should also be a good combat unit. Do not get me wrong, it is good but it dies quickly currently while dealing only good enough damage when it closes in, close range only. Mid range it feels kind of bad.

Comparing Price and Performance, another test

Penals vs Sturmpio both same price

Penals won mid and long range most of all the time
Sturmpio usually won when it started of at close range.

In Conclusion it is currently either you manage to ambush close range or you support it at all times hoping the enemy concentrate on Volks instead. That is how it is. I suggest improving its accuracy a little.

OR

Just make its "concussion grenade" come vet 1 instead. No buffs. To help close in the gap as an engaging combat unit. Make it use munitions. Another way of seeing it.

Otherwise.
It should be able to compete at least mid range with Penals which it is quite horrible at.

Why do this, is to force OKW to purchase more Sturmpio and to create more reliance upon them. Otherwise Volks will be the dominant force of OKW still.

It is not the final thoughts, still in development. My aim is to take away this centred focus of heavily reliance on Volks mainly.

As it currently is

Volks, Volks, Volks, Volks.

It should be more like

Volks, Volks, Sturmpio, maybe Sturmpio or Volks.

To bring about diversity and broader reliance than something clearly cost effective.

The Price of Volks however should stay the same I believe. It just needs to switch up the capabilities a little bit to more diversion.

People on the forums will complain about stronger sturmpio, that used to be the way the faction was designed, strong early power from a real combat engineer unit. Now, only allies get that and every unit okw gets, is nerfed into irrelevancy, Allied players prefer it this way, suits their fantasy.
9 Apr 2019, 04:18 AM

I'd see Sturmpios adjusted in tandem with volks

Something roughly along these lines (very roughly)

Reduce their price to 260-280 area
Replace 2 stgs with mp40s
Standard repair speed
Flame nade
Normal wire
Mines
1 use med kit instead of 3

Sort of a jack of all trades master of none engineer. Offers a more balanced awnser to garrisons that can afford to come earlier without being too much die to squishyness. Still the best around, but not overbearing

Upgrade paths:
assault--
return to 4 stgs (maybe 2x with the pgren profile?)
Stun nade
Slight reduction in target size
Can use grenade assault if they have that commander
-gives an option to create something more offensive without requiring the standard repair guys cost 300mp. 45mu

Utility--
increased repair and build speeds
Sweeper
Maybe Shrek?
3 use med kit returns
Current barricade wire added but with normal wire laying speed
Faster laying mines.
Sandbags.
-for those that want to make better use of the defensive powers. More quickly they can do any engineering type jobs and improved. Good for late game refinement when your armour is getting its tits kicked in.
10 Apr 2019, 12:33 PM

I'd see Sturmpios adjusted in tandem with volks

Something roughly along these lines (very roughly)

Reduce their price to 260-280 area
Replace 2 stgs with mp40s
Standard repair speed
Flame nade
Normal wire
Mines
1 use med kit instead of 3

Sort of a jack of all trades master of none engineer. Offers a more balanced awnser to garrisons that can afford to come earlier without being too much die to squishyness. Still the best around, but not overbearing

Upgrade paths:
assault--
return to 4 stgs (maybe 2x with the pgren profile?)
Stun nade
Slight reduction in target size
Can use grenade assault if they have that commander
-gives an option to create something more offensive without requiring the standard repair guys cost 300mp. 45mu

Utility--
increased repair and build speeds
Sweeper
Maybe Shrek?
3 use med kit returns
Current barricade wire added but with normal wire laying speed
Faster laying mines.
Sandbags.
-for those that want to make better use of the defensive powers. More quickly they can do any engineering type jobs and improved. Good for late game refinement when your armour is getting its tits kicked in.

That is a good idea. To have upgrade paths for Sturmpio. Currently it should be more of a combat unit. Should be more adaptable. I like the ideas, they are great. Paths for being more of a combat unit at a cost of repair or vice versa. That is a good idea. It would make players use Sturmpio more often for more various reasons. These changes are balanced and have choice/alternatives. It should be all round but not overbearing.

Is the first "assualt-" upgrade costing 20 manpower and 45 munition or is it a separate kind of unit?

I like the complete idea of choosing between 2 paths for Sturmpio.
Either Assualt or Utility.
Either Offensive or Defensive.

For 2 different distinct purposes that sacrifices either one or the other.

That is great. I think an implementation like this should exist in the game for diversity reasons. To make Volks less of the viable current choice and more Sturmpio also.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★