Login

russian armor

Hey Hey! well well, a COH vet that still sucks!

1 Oct 2013, 00:15 AM

Howdy folks... a 40 yo old geezer gamer since a kid... so um yeah, coh confession: I have over 900 hrs in coh1, & still suck! but I LOVE COH!! I cant even come close to winning in a vs. game... lol... me, my best pal & father in law just want to do comp-stomp bottleneck (blown bridges option please?) drawn out battles like in COH1, having simple fun with artillery & flyovers/expose territory, etc... just total casual but not for xp. Every time we tried vs in coh 1 or 2 we get absolutely slaughtered & the vibe was so serious that we couldnt hang with what seems like literal military-minded freaks just hell bent on instant slaughter as quickly as possible, but admit replays are awesome to watch! We are in awe of the rts abilities some of you dang savants posses! ;) jealous really. To say we are eagerly awaiting worldbuilder is to put it verrrrry mildly! I wish we could have bottleneck maps like that where no xp granted so that wasn't an issue (to gain it easily), just so that type of battle can occur.

but def looking forward to this community & soaking up the knowledge.
1 Oct 2013, 00:38 AM
1 Oct 2013, 04:09 AM

Welcome! I know a lot of people who just like to do that :D And Coh is a gorgerous game.

But I have to add, that no one cares about xp. ^^ (That's because you get it for playing bots, or even losing so in the end it just shows how much you played. not how good.)

So: Have fun with the game and I am pretty sure we are all looking forward to see new features (Worldbuilder, Lobbys) :D
1 Oct 2013, 04:51 AM

I totally understand, from what I'm to understand the majority of CoH play casual comp stomp games, including 2 of my close friends who got VCoH with the humble bundle a while back. Honestly, it's a game, if competitive multiplayer isn't fun to you, then why bother?

That being said, it's not too hard to get into it if you want, just realize you're gonna take some abuse from assholes who forget everybody starts somewhere. Just learn a few strategies and the rest comes with time playing competitive.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game, and try Soviets on Pripyat Spring. You can demo the bridges.
1 Oct 2013, 19:29 PM

hey thanks for the welcome & encouragement... good point Lichtbringer... it prob doesnt matter because I'll be darned if the enhancements (bulletins) are really THAT big a deal to unlock because they dont seem to do much, do they? I thought maybe since a bottleneck battle could potentially go on & on & make it easier to lvl up vs. "true" battling it out, they wouldn't allow that kind of scenario (or have separate lvls rankings for vs. than comp skirmish), but if worldbuilder is indeed on it's way, & they don't adjust xp gaining, I guess really it's fair or open for any/all to also gain "easy" xp so I guess a moot point. Oh man, I'm leaving town for a week tomorrow (vacation), & the enthusiasm on this site is making me want to just play COH2 for a week instead!
6 Oct 2013, 14:27 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS