Login

russian armor

Relic about the New Commanders votes

18 Mar 2019, 17:13 PM
Senior Editor Badge

In a perfect world, it would be great to have 10 fully tested commanders with confirmed rosters that could be put to the community for final voting. However honestly speaking, that wasn't realistic for a few reasons.

Firstly, that is easily 3-4 times the amount of work for the balance team pre-voting, which is more than a volunteer team that already works very hard can realistically commit to at this stage in the game's lifecycle.

Even were we able to accommodate this workload, the same complaint would arise should we change any units abilities post voting (people taking issue that they don't know exactly what they are voting for/ things they wanted got changed).

We reserved the right to make changes to proposals, quite clearly, from the beginning. Given that development is an iterative process, and that creating commanders/ making balance changes is very nuanced, this is a necessity. Case in point; even after 10+ test mods, loads of feedback, and weeks of being in the live game, units/ abilities needed to be adjusted numerous times post the previous patch.

Finally, if we had two commanders per faction at the level of sophistication where no further changes were going to be made/ a final vote was viable, we would probably just put them both into the game, hence making the voting/ participation redundant in the first place.

Hopefully, most people have enjoyed being able to participate.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/283349#Comment_283349

18 Mar 2019, 18:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am not sure what Andy wanted to say. According to context, people were confused about big number of the unclear points in commanders concepts, and he tried to explain the situation. Am i right?
18 Mar 2019, 19:13 PM

I am not sure what Andy wanted to say. According to context, people were confused about big number of the unclear points in commanders concepts, and he tried to explain the situation. Am i right?

I think he wants to explain why "only" the winning concepts will be released and not the runner-ups too.
18 Mar 2019, 19:27 PM

Yes, some people complained that it was hard to vote because the presented choices weren't already fully flushed out commanders. Andy responded to this with the above mentioned statement.
18 Mar 2019, 19:53 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS