Login

russian armor

Sexton shared ability bug?

16 Mar 2019, 23:37 PM

I always thought there is no point in taking Sexton over Priest in Teamgames, the Priest not only does more damage overall with a greater range, it has a lower cooldown too. Then I stumbled about this patch note from 12th of december 2018:

"We have improved the AOE and range of the Sexton to strengthen its role as an artillery unit.

-AOE damage from 1/0.25/0.1 to 1/0.5/0.2
-AOE distance from 1.5/3/4.5 to 1.25/2.5/6
-Range from 135 to 160
-Supercharge Victor Creeping Barrage no longer shares a cooldown with the main barrage
-Standard barrage recharge from 90 to 110"

I thought that would even out things totally, for 50 ammuniton you can fire the SuperCharge barrage while the normal one is on cooldown once you vetted up and vice versa. But after trying it I noticed there is still a shared cooldown. I can't find any note about reverting it to a shared cooldown in the following patches. So is this a bug or do I'm missing something?
17 Mar 2019, 00:24 AM

...So is this a bug or do I'm missing something?

Sexton has very low cooldown that gets even lower with veterancy if it could "victor barrage" also it could probably fire contentiously.

Keep in mind that "victor barrage" has longer range.

Think its a ninja nerf and not bug, although currently one can use the ability even when Sextons are on CD and that should be be fixed.

The amount of arty the commander can bring in fight is simply over the top.
17 Mar 2019, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2019, 00:24 AMVipper
Sexton has very low cooldown that gets even lower with veterancy if it could "victor barrage" also it could probably fire contentiously.

Yeah nearly contentiously for the cost of ammunition of course. In 1vs1 brits are so bad either way and in team games if it has a shared cooldown there is still no point taking it over a Priest which has more damage, more range and lower cooldown as I tried to explain. This difference doesn't change with vet (although Sextons cooldown is a lot closer to Priest if both are fully vetted). That was my point about it.

Keep in mind that "victor barrage" has longer range.

Yeah, but of course the Valentine has to be in range. So you can only use it at the frontline. That cancels its range somehow...

Think its a ninja nerf and not bug, although currently one can use the ability even when Sextons are on CD and that should be be fixed.

Can somebody confirm there was an intended ninja nerf? What do you mean by they can use the ability while beeing on CD?

The amount of arty the commander can bring in fight is simply over the top.
It is just plainly better to have a versatile commander which combines different abilities like Vanguard. But it is boring to play the same commander over and over again...
17 Mar 2019, 21:56 PM

i was pointing the exact same thing a while ago in the commander revamp bug thread but no official statement was giving from a member of the balance team.
It looks like they don't care anymore
18 Mar 2019, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2019, 21:56 PMmadin2
i was pointing the exact same thing a while ago in the commander revamp bug thread but no official statement was giving from a member of the balance team.
It looks like they don't care anymore

Before I got my examination and my first kid roughly at the same time and my free time was suddenly shredded to pieces, I spended so much time myself for a mod of CoH1. Modding, chatting with the founder/main modder and often browsing the forums and giving statements/answers.

Guys, believe me I know there is a f.....g hell of workload behind it and you will never ever got to the point where everybody will be happy. There will be always the fanboys, that will cry when they loose two games out of ten about the op shit of the other side. But Imo when you stop to react to reports like the one of madin2 about things that were offical announced but are not working/bugged, a game is driving at full speed in direction of the abyss. I don't expext perfect balance or perfection, just some sign of life. Something like we heard you and hey that was intended/not intended or we really tried but don't got it working is the very least if you really care. Just my two cents.

Thanks for listening.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %