Login

russian armor

Captain

12 Mar 2019, 19:11 PM

USF Lieutenant tier is pretty strong right now: quick .50 cals, a newly viable M20 and AT support from the Stuart. It's like OKW Mechanized.

Captain, then, is OKW Battlegroup. A good anti-tank gun (but not something you want as soon as a .50 cal), the Pack Howie and the very impressive USF AAHT. It's good stuff, but you're lacking .50 cals and you tend to end up with either manpower float or more infantry than I like to use.

I'd like to try out more Captain builds, but I'm never sure how to make T2 dance in the same way I can get T1 to. What Captain builds do people like?
12 Mar 2019, 19:15 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

You should mention if you're selecting a doctrine with callin infantry. Callin infantry is all the rage atm so that'll really diversify your build.
12 Mar 2019, 19:15 PM

You should mention if you're selecting a doctrine with callin infantry. Callin infantry is all the rage atm so that'll really diversify your build.

I'm asking for people's fun Captain builds with any doctrine.
12 Mar 2019, 20:54 PM

How does your build diversify with Call Ins? I'll Typically go, RM, RM, RM If OKW, RM, RM, Mortor, if Wehr. Typically regardless of Doctrine. Just curious.
12 Mar 2019, 21:06 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

How does your build diversify with Call Ins? I'll Typically go, RM, RM, RM If OKW, RM, RM, Mortor, if Wehr. Typically regardless of Doctrine. Just curious.

Lock in airborne or armor co, you get paths or ass engies usually. You can also throw in 1-2 rifles for the AT snare. tech CPT -> pak howi -> AAHT against OST. pak howi still good vs OKW, but AAHT it far less viable since 2x rak is much more common than 2x pak.
12 Mar 2019, 21:14 PM

Lock in airborne or armor co, you get paths or ass engies usually. You can also throw in 1-2 rifles for the AT snare. tech CPT -> pak howi -> AAHT against OST. pak howi still good vs OKW, but AAHT it far less viable since 2x rak is much more common than 2x pak.

Ahhh Yes, yes. I never go Armor, so I forgot about those. With Airborne I do bring an early Path for the spotting. Usually never two.
13 Mar 2019, 01:41 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Just go Captain, then speed build LT and 50. cal with the Captain and you got both. USF Tech change allowes you to do that
13 Mar 2019, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 19:11 PMLago
USF Lieutenant tier is pretty strong right now: quick .50 cals, a newly viable M20 and AT support from the Stuart. It's like OKW Mechanized.

Captain, then, is OKW Battlegroup. A good anti-tank gun (but not something you want as soon as a .50 cal), the Pack Howie and the very impressive USF AAHT. It's good stuff, but you're lacking .50 cals and you tend to end up with either manpower float or more infantry than I like to use.

I'd like to try out more Captain builds, but I'm never sure how to make T2 dance in the same way I can get T1 to. What Captain builds do people like?

If you are doing well enough you can use the AAHT from the captain defensively as an MG, area denial weapon, then rush the pinned soldiers with infantry, but thats only at one VP, you will have to improvise for the other two or build another AAHT which is simply unthinkable. I think mortar halftracks from mechanised and infantry companies synergize well with the AAHT allowing you to bomb the pinned infantry with incendiary bombs, but that take up a fair amount of fuel and munitions and both can be easily destroyed by shreks, fausts, at rifles, 222's, luchs and mines if you are not microing them well. Plus you will not get tanks as soon as the germans and by then you will be too paranoid to use any half track.

I rarely use the captain anymore i have enough AT capability to last me until the major with my zooks, AT nades and riflemen cavalry AT satchels.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★