Login

russian armor

Poll: is the Ostwind underpowered?

24 Mar 2019, 19:12 PM

Best solution.

Also fix the issue of Tier 4 OKW Ostwind by simply making it worth it.

I'd rather a Brumbar over a buffed ostwind, its a great tank.

Give it great AI power, right now the P4 is the go to tank for both OKW/WEhr and that's the reason.
31 Mar 2019, 12:15 PM

So, last chance to fix Ostwind.

Simply give it same stats as OKW T3 base without suppression.

buffed pen -> buffed AOE damage -> buffed accuracy

still worse than Centaur.

Option for OKW Ostwind a suppresion ability gives main-gun a Suppression effect.

Best way would be also to change line-up, but that is a different story:

T3: Panzer 4, StuG III G, StuG III E
T4: Panther, Ostwind, Panzerwerfer

Brummbär gets changed with StuG E in two commanders.

Also nice side effectt would be, because StuG E can get used with hull-down Ostheer gets a long-range light arty alternative it is lacking.
31 Mar 2019, 17:36 PM

ITT: people want Ostwind to have all the strengths of a centaur without any of the drawbacks. And also
to get it faster. And cheaper would be nice too.
1 Apr 2019, 20:38 PM

It needs to be fixed.

Accuracy is its main problem. It seems to shoot behind the squads most of the times.

The buffs that I believe it should recieve is one of the following

Option 1> Buff Accuracy, AOE

Option 2> Buff Accuracy, Rate of fire, faster reload speed

Option 3> Buff Damage, Accuracy

One of these options would be great I believe. Currently, it does not perform as it should. "Hardly used" to "Can be used". That is what it needs. Which option do you think it needs?
1 Apr 2019, 21:01 PM

Added to suggestions a possible solution.
1 Apr 2019, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 17:36 PMPereat
ITT: people want Ostwind to have all the strengths of a centaur without any of the drawbacks. And also
to get it faster. And cheaper would be nice too.

Who in this thread has suggested that the Ostwind get decient armour? 160 isnt much, but it protects it against Axis medium tanks.
2 Apr 2019, 01:32 AM

Who in this thread has suggested that the Ostwind get decient armour? 160 isnt much, but it protects it against Axis medium tanks.

The 140 it already has does as well. T34 only has an 85% chance to pen at point blank.
Granted 160 isnt a whole lote of difference (10% better odds)
Won't help at all against proper AT so doesn't matter much imo.

Whoops. Read this as wanting 160 for the Ostwind.
Same thing applies but wording is awkward because of that.
2 Apr 2019, 06:20 AM

Its also slower with less acceleration, therefore it has harder time to retreat from these meds.
2 Apr 2019, 19:16 PM

Is it going to be fixed?
3 Apr 2019, 22:02 PM

Yes Ostwind is useless for now...In my opinion firstly it needs some buff for AA capability , its an AA unit for gods sake. In order to do that we can give Ostwind a some kind of hulldown ability or simply lockdown. This ability can give Ostwind a proper AA buff and yes for AI , Ostwinds can have minor suppress but for a small period of time to the target area it or maybe just movement slow for inf in targeted area after 2 or 3 shots. Its like Semi Schwerer Panzer Headquarters but less durable. While its on lock mod it must have less recieved Accuracy from AT guns otherwise its going to be too easy to counter but can be easly damaged from Indırect fire but same less recieved accuracy like AT guns or satchel charges . It became semi emplacement. Or Just buff its dmg and give suppress without lock down mode but let it can be easly decrewed by flame units , mortars etc.
4 Apr 2019, 19:43 PM

Give its pintle mg incindiary rounds!
5 Apr 2019, 17:47 PM

I've been using the Ostwind a lot when the opportunity presents itself (control of fuel) and it's not anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be.

Once you get it some veterancy it becomes a real reliable support vehicle. Is it as good as the centaur? Probably not but it fills its role nicely. Maybe a buff, a SMALL buff either in its price, or in its scatter might make it a bit better at lower vet levels, but I don't think it's the worst unit. It does a lot of health damage and when supported with your infantry it is quite good.

Sometimes getting out an early Ostwind before there's any real counters can be very effective, but the issue is if you're playing from behind an Ostwind won't help all that much

Another main reason the Ostwind is not used a lot is because a pz IV is only 30 more fuel. Make the Ostwind 80 fuel and people will start using it, because right now there's no reason to get one when you can wait 1 minute and get a Pz IV that will give you AT and solid AI for just a little bit more resource. I think 280-300mp / 80 fuel is a good pricepoint for the Ostwind without any major balance changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment