Login

russian armor

old coh2 from 2013 attrb and data

10 Mar 2019, 16:53 PM

I hade the feel of returning to the old coh2 the other day, and found the 2013 version of coh2.
But im trying to figure out how to make a tuning mod with the existing data/attrb data. here is the whole 2013 archive folder
is it possible to to this, making a tuning mod with the attr/data from old coh2

updated link https://mega.nz/file/2ZdnDCwA#z8H0EGrc8R9AdnkzWnyL-rWkDOKFzzCtYauL9rxzSXM
10 Mar 2019, 18:12 PM
Modmaker Badge

I am not an expert in this particular point, but In my personal oppinion:

a. The actual tool maybe not compatible with the old version
b. If you find the way to do it, the new tunning will be incompatible in "on line"

Question: why do you want to do this ? Just curious.
10 Mar 2019, 18:41 PM

I am not an expert in this particular point, but In my personal oppinion:

a. The actual tool maybe not compatible with the old version
b. If you find the way to do it, the new tunning will be incompatible in "on line"

Question: why do you want to do this ? Just curious.

mostly nostalgic, ive been playing vs ai with the older version and wanted to see if i could get it online.
12 Mar 2019, 06:23 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Nice work!
Hmmm...what if version from 2013 doesn‘t have modtools restrictions and can be used as a base for mods and other stuff. What if this thing - lost knowledge?

15 Mar 2019, 12:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

How the bloody hell did you get this? Good bloody work! Can finally get a good look at the old un-nerfed ai and squad-ai. Is there any way to put it on a site other than mega? I really dont want to download their app crap.

As for modding it, yes, you can do attribs pretty easily just by looking at the files with corsix, and then copying that to the new attrib editor. It might take awhile but thats the only way besides replacing all the existing archives, as far as I know.
To Osinyagov - There were no 2013 mod-tools, and the only way you could mod the game back then was old methods using corsix and such.
18 Mar 2019, 15:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 12:45 PMLugie

To Osinyagov - There were no 2013 mod-tools, and the only way you could mod the game back then was old methods using corsix and such.

So, i still can't modify .sga files, for example, to create portraits pack compatible with vanilla game?
21 Mar 2019, 01:20 AM

This is an awesome find. I had always hoped that there would be something like this out here. I was resigned to someday having to go through all the patch notes and reverse engineer everything.
26 Mar 2019, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 12:45 PMLugie
How the bloody hell did you get this? Good bloody work! Can finally get a good look at the old un-nerfed ai and squad-ai. Is there any way to put it on a site other than mega?

i only have room on my mega cloud for this sadly.

but if anyone wants to try and play this from 2013, https://mega.nz/#F!LFsnHQ7I!nN4rmBcu4iMQs3o48z_GEw

just follow the readme file and you're all good.
27 Mar 2019, 17:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So, i still can't modify .sga files, for example, to create portraits pack compatible with vanilla game?

Well, i know you can replace the .sga's with old versions from the game. I replaced art_high with the version that came out right after WFA, and that fixed all the infantry animations (barring brits). I tried taking the current one and swapping them out, but corsix only supports the older versions for coh1. You could try asking eliwood, janne, or another COH wizard for help.
27 Mar 2019, 17:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 17:17 PMLugie

Well, i know you can replace the .sga's with old versions from the game. I replaced art_high with the version that came out right after WFA, and that fixed all the infantry animations (barring brits). I tried taking the current one and swapping them out, but corsix only supports the older versions for coh1. You could try asking eliwood, janne, or another COH wizard for help.

Already done, and eliwood said a real good thing:
Trust me, there are a lot of smart people out there. If there was a way around it someone would have figured it out in the five years since they disallowed them. You would need to break into Relic to get their private key to even have a hope.

I just though this old .sga files not locked like new one, and can be modified.
14 Jun 2020, 12:44 PM

i only have room on my mega cloud for this sadly.

but if anyone wants to try and play this from 2013, https://mega.nz/#F!LFsnHQ7I!nN4rmBcu4iMQs3o48z_GEw

just follow the readme file and you're all good.

Would it be possible to please re-upload this? Also, do you happen to have the old UIHigh.sga archive also? I'd love to get hold of a couple of old icons that have since been replaced, such as the original Rapid Conscription icon (with Penals on).
19 Sep 2020, 13:24 PM

Would it be possible to please re-upload this? Also, do you happen to have the old UIHigh.sga archive also? I'd love to get hold of a couple of old icons that have since been replaced, such as the original Rapid Conscription icon (with Penals on).

I had to delete it to make room for something else on my cloud, but i got it from pirate bay. You can search for coh2 2013 and it should be there.
21 Sep 2020, 16:17 PM

Maybe one day we can finally have the Jagdpanther again :D

24 Sep 2020, 12:48 PM

I don't suppose anyone did manage to get a copy of this hosted somewhere? I'd love a poke.
29 Sep 2020, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2020, 12:48 PMMoocats
I don't suppose anyone did manage to get a copy of this hosted somewhere? I'd love a poke.

If you have a VM you could download it from PB and just transfer the files you want.
12 Jul 2021, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2020, 12:48 PMMoocats

https://mega.nz/file/2ZdnDCwA#z8H0EGrc8R9AdnkzWnyL-rWkDOKFzzCtYauL9rxzSXM reuploaded it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★