Login

russian armor

How to use Tanks (Soviets)

9 Mar 2019, 13:57 PM

Still new to the game. About 20+ hours and I can't win games vs. Tanks, I either have no fuel and manpower, or the enemy gets a early tank and I get pressured too early in game before my AT's can even come out. I also struggle using tanks effectively and end up just swarming them in one spot. Any tips for a noob like me to up my tank game?
9 Mar 2019, 18:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Moved to red army strategies
4 Apr 2019, 08:25 AM

Teching for AT grenades on your cons is a good way to keep enemy LVs at bay in the early game. I prioritise this upgrade usually around the 5-6 minute mark.
22 Apr 2019, 18:02 PM

I recommend getting penals. The PTRS will counter light vehicles and satchels heavily damage larger ones. Then get a t70, the small tank that does a lot of damage against infantry, this should allow you to put pressure on your opponent. Then you have 3 options to deal with tanks depending on your fuel relative to your opponent. With no fuel, get tier 2 to get an AT gun(s). with a little bit of fuel, get a su76 a very underrated tank. and with a lot get a t34.

Mines win games, use them.

When your new, tank swarming is not that bad, just remember t34 is the best with it. However, you need to support your tank swarm with infantry. So send in the penals first and when they find the enemy hit them with the tanks.

Late game, the su85 is your best option for killing large amounts of tanks, just make sure to have it at max range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 97
unknown 56
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak