Login

russian armor

Fix vision please - thx

6 Mar 2019, 18:59 PM

At one point or another many 3vs3 and 4vs4 turn into a arty spam fest. Ist a key point to have vision for that, and I do strongly dislike mechanics that grant LOS way too simple or in an uncounterable fashion.

As Valentine was stripped of its alien sensor technology I thought this was a good move, because I assumed the IR halftrack „Uhu“ will be reworked too and artillery flares will be also adressed. But what is worse than stripping none side of its bs vision mechanic? Exactly, stripping only one side of it. Before vision bs countered vision bs, now it is only vison bs on one side.

So lets face IR halftrack first:
- bypasses any kind of terrain
- reveals the exact position of all units in range
- reveals camouflagged units too

In reality the Uhu was a nightsight vision that required – yes you got it – direct LOS to make units more visible at nightime. Relic mistook infrared nightvision for a thermal imaging system and turned it into some kind of alien technology, that puts modern vehicle thermal based vision systems to a shame. Imagine you would have vision systems for vehicles that reveal the exact position of all enemy units in your surroundings and bypasses any kind of obstacle by doing so…

Lets turn to OKW artillery flares:
- uncounterable (while recon planes can get shoot down, sometimes even on first approach)
- usable anywhere on the battlefield
- about 30 seconds faster available again after usage than recon plane
- nearly immediately (something like 4 seconds delay)
- not visible on minimap (in dependance of camera position sometimes even hard to spot on main screen)
- constant, long timed view over a big area (strong synergy with some precision offmaps and
especially loiters which all were changed to need LOS to attack)

So it seems to me vision satellites were invented at WW2 already. What else I have to say…

Option 1 (better): Please remove unrealistic cheat vision abilities from all factions (artillery flares from early warnings could be replaced by multiple passing of recon planes too if needed, but its overall a lot weaker so its no problem for me).

Option 2 (worse): Revert Valentine to old vision mechanic.

7 Mar 2019, 00:26 AM

IR halftrack, spotting scopes and both off-map recon flares (brits have it as well, tho this one suffers from stupid RNG) are all bullshit abilities that should have been nerfed or reworked ages ago
7 Mar 2019, 13:51 PM

IR halftrack, spotting scopes and both off-map recon flares (brits have it as well, tho this one suffers from stupid RNG) are all bullshit abilities that should have been nerfed or reworked ages ago

Yes exactly. I do not understand why Valentine, T70 and SdKfz 222 were fixed and IR Halftrack, Scopes, OKW artillery flares and to a less powerful degree british flares and SU85 cone vision were left out. That way only some factions were nerfed and are at a disadvantage now. It makes no sense to retouch only parts of this vision system. As I said before everybody had their bs vision mechanics (except USF maybe). That was still better than only some factions having it.

In a game where True Sight is one of the greatest mechanics I saw in a RTS game so far there should be no legal wallhack. Definitely not.

In addition some of these abilities are so highly unrealistic and historical far off any reality (-> especially artillery flares and IR Halftrack) that you could implement them in a scifi game instantly.
ddd
7 Mar 2019, 13:59 PM

Yes exactly. I do not understand why Valentine, T70 and SdKfz 222 were fixed and IR Halftrack, Scopes, OKW artillery flares and to a less powerful degree british flares and SU85 cone vision were left out. That way only some factions were nerfed and are at a disadvantage now. It makes no sense to retouch only parts of this vision system. As I said before everybody had their bs vision mechanics (except USF maybe). That was still better than only some factions having it.

In a game where True Sight is one of the greatest mechanics I saw in a RTS game so far there should be no legal wallhack. Definitely not.

In addition some of these abilities are so highly unrealistic and historical far off any reality (-> especially artillery flares and IR Halftrack) that you could implement them in a scifi game instantly.

Take a closer look at what they did with overwach doctrine and ask yourself "is the balance team realy unbiased?", then you will know why non of the okw bullshit you listed got fixed. Too busy debating what allied unit nerf to the ground next (rip pack howi). Expect new okw commander to add more bullshit to already bullshit faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 536
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak