Login

russian armor

WARSAW - new turn-based tactical rpg

2 Apr 2019, 12:37 PM

Never heard that.
You learn more every day.

Thank you.

Yea, I knew about teutons.
And "Danzig" is important, as it is an important part of the rationale of Hitler for invading Poland :
"Re-unite Greater Germany". - And as a result : Soviet rationale for invading Poland. Especially at the same time.

One thing I find very very odd.

Britain and France said they would declare war if Poland was attacked.
Germany : Britain and France declared war against Germany.
Soviet Union : Nothing.

What for? Let's open the history textbook and see the following historical fact: In April 1939, the USSR invited the ambassadors of France and Great Britain to the Moscow talks. The USSR proposed a triple alliance between the USSR, France and Great Britain. Negotiations were held on the basis of the unwillingness of Poland to give the right of passage to the Soviet troops in the event of the outbreak of war. After dragging out the negotiations, the USSR signed a non-aggression pact with Germany. If Poland agreed, it could have been a completely different war, without millions and millions of victims.

For Poland, the USSR was the main threat. Also in 1938, when the USSR announced that it was ready to defend the sovereignty of Czechoslovakia - Poland, denying the right of passage of the Soviet troops and officially stated: in the event of any attempt by the USSR to assist Czechoslovakia, Poland would declare war on the USSR. This fact is enough that the USSR unilaterally withdraw from the Polish-Soviet non-aggression treaty of 1932.
2 Apr 2019, 16:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Game, not politics. Thank you.
4 Apr 2019, 10:59 AM

Game, not politics. Thank you.

It's interesting in how it applies to the wars that were, however.
4 Apr 2019, 11:01 AM

What for? Let's open the history textbook and see the following historical fact: In April 1939, the USSR invited the ambassadors of France and Great Britain to the Moscow talks. The USSR proposed a triple alliance between the USSR, France and Great Britain. Negotiations were held on the basis of the unwillingness of Poland to give the right of passage to the Soviet troops in the event of the outbreak of war. After dragging out the negotiations, the USSR signed a non-aggression pact with Germany. If Poland agreed, it could have been a completely different war, without millions and millions of victims.

For Poland, the USSR was the main threat. Also in 1938, when the USSR announced that it was ready to defend the sovereignty of Czechoslovakia - Poland, denying the right of passage of the Soviet troops and officially stated: in the event of any attempt by the USSR to assist Czechoslovakia, Poland would declare war on the USSR. This fact is enough that the USSR unilaterally withdraw from the Polish-Soviet non-aggression treaty of 1932.

- You can't learn everything.
- See, I didn't know that.

I still don't trust USSR. They were just eating all the nations then, same as Germany.
It'd be interesting to explore a what if, but, if it was on HOI4, I'd say imagine USSR
to pretend to be nice, and then surprise conquer Poland - without Germany help, too.

People said Hitler made an error, by attacking USSR.
But it is a fact that USSR was planning on eating Germany, then the rest of Europe, too.

Come to help but... never ever leave afterwards.
4 Apr 2019, 11:22 AM

- You can't learn everything.
- See, I didn't know that.

I still don't trust USSR. They were just eating all the nations then, same as Germany.
It'd be interesting to explore a what if, but, if it was on HOI4, I'd say imagine USSR
to pretend to be nice, and then surprise conquer Poland - without Germany help, too.

People said Hitler made an error, by attacking USSR.
But it is a fact that USSR was planning on eating Germany, then the rest of Europe, too.

Come to help but... never ever leave afterwards.

Eat all countries? Very dubious statement. The USSR was one of the last major countries that entered the war, the USSR intended not to enter the war as long as possible, because the USSR was not ready for war - and the first year of the war showed that perfectly. Even when the USSR showed aggression towards other countries (Baltic countries, Poland, Finland), the main target was to push the border as far as possible. And if the border had not been pushed back — Moscow would have been captured, the loss of Moscow would have meant the loss of the main railway junction — which would have led to the collapse of the USSR and a completely different story. The USSR established a new providence in Finland? Although it could do it twice, occupied Austria or partially Norway? Although I could do it. Whatever it may be but the Communist governments in Eastern Europe are the result of the popularity of the idea of ​​Communism in those times and the fact that the communist USSR was able to defeat Germany.

Fragmentation of Germany into the Eastern and Western parts is a terrible event, but the USSR insisted that Germany be united, maybe the Allies were afraid that communist ideas would win in a united Germany and therefore they insisted on fragmentation.
2 Oct 2019, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, this is out now.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment