Login

russian armor

Discuss for the votes

PAGES (11)down
1 Mar 2019, 17:33 PM

I voted for "UK Lend Lead Assault Tactics" and hope this theme will make it to the live version.

Here's my own interpretation of that theme:

• Smoke Raid Operation (from Commando regiment)
  • Assault Tommy Unit
  • M1 81mm Mortar team
  • M10 Tank Destroyer
  • Assault Artillery (from OKW's Breakthrough, reworked by the mod team this ability could be really strong and fit really good to the theme!)

I like the idea of sneaking in Assault Artillery into scope somehow and included it in my submissions for that very reason - it's a cool concept that's broken by it's "has to be around a strategic point" limitation. I don't know if I would have Smoke Raid in there as well since that would be fairly redundant. I suppose if you wanted to double down on the "Assault" aspect you could have Vanguard Raid, Assault from Commando Regiment or Advanced Cover Combat (maybe tweaked?) instead.
1 Mar 2019, 17:38 PM

I like the idea of sneaking in Assault Artillery into scope somehow and included it in my submissions for that very reason - it's a cool concept that's broken by it's "has to be around a strategic point" limitation. I don't know if I would have Smoke Raid in there as well since that would be fairly redundant. I suppose if you wanted to double down on the "Assault" aspect you could have Vanguard Raid, Assault from Commando Regiment or Advanced Cover Combat (maybe tweaked?) instead.

I just like "Smoke Raid" so much;). But its completely fair to point out that the ability could be redundant. Your ideas are good- i dont like playing Brits.. that could change with this new commander.

1 Mar 2019, 18:01 PM

Oh good, we're now at the stage that we want to remove options for people to synergize and complement one another with a specific commander, armies, and build order match up.
1 Mar 2019, 18:25 PM

The game will onky be truly balanced when it's a big empty green field with one obersoldaten riding atop a King Tiger (or Pgren on a Tiger, if Ost) fighting six conscripts. Two of which have rifles.

More seriously, I admit I would like to see brits given a decent offensive option oitside commandos. It'll be even better if it comes with a an area denial offmap cheaper than Air Supremacy.
1 Mar 2019, 19:15 PM

If penal double dps are a big issue you can possibly limit their slots to 1 like they did with cons back when brits would drop double vickers for cons.
1 Mar 2019, 19:59 PM

The game will onky be truly balanced when it's a big empty green field with one obersoldaten riding atop a King Tiger (or Pgren on a Tiger, if Ost) fighting six conscripts. Two of which have rifles.

That's what modding is for lol.
1 Mar 2019, 20:56 PM

The Soviet Airborne idea is pretty cool. The other one is interesting, but it seems to be already covered by other commanders.

Airborne would give the Soviets a new playstyle.
1 Mar 2019, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned
MARK MY WORDS: THIS INTRODUCTION OF NEW COMMANDERS WILL BE AN EPIC FAILURE. This bal team has shown, time and time again, its inability to balance even the simplest of units. I wish them luck with the introduction of 5 ENTIRELY NEW DOCTRINES. I'll grab the popcorn and watch the shitfest that will be shoved down everyone's throats.
1 Mar 2019, 23:34 PM

MARK MY WORDS: THIS INTRODUCTION OF NEW COMMANDERS WILL BE AN EPIC FAILURE. This bal team has shown, time and time again, its inability to balance even the simplest of units. I wish them luck with the introduction of 5 ENTIRELY NEW DOCTRINES. I'll grab the popcorn and watch the shitfest that will be shoved down everyone's throats.

The game already have almost 6 years old and still unbalanced, what can be worse than that? :luvDerp:
1 Mar 2019, 23:35 PM

Permanently Banned

The game already have almost 6 years old and still unbalanced, what can be worse than that? :luvDerp:

Well would u like another JLI type unit, or the initial USF mortar introduction? There's unbalanced and then there's unplayable.
1 Mar 2019, 23:42 PM

It is by far my favorite game, I play it with old friends and I found new ones and we are in contact every day.

That is why I want a long life for CoH2, it is still the best game on market. And it still can become better. (wouldn't be that difficult) xD

And new commanders arn't the main priority. We have to fix 6 years of bullshit first.
2 Mar 2019, 00:13 AM

Well would u like another JLI type unit, or the initial USF mortar introduction? There's unbalanced and then there's unplayable.

USF mortar was relic I'm pretty sure.
2 Mar 2019, 01:06 AM

Permanently Banned

USF mortar was relic I'm pretty sure.

I heard Relic/ bal team pulled it straight out of CoH1 and didn't even think about somewhat streamlining its stats to fit CoH2. Shameful laziness on display.
2 Mar 2019, 01:52 AM

I heard Relic/ bal team pulled it straight out of CoH1 and didn't even think about somewhat streamlining its stats to fit CoH2. Shameful laziness on display.

The hell are you talking about, the mortar is the same M1 81mm one used in Ardennes Assault and was added in the UKF Alpha if I'm not mistaken.

The M2 60mm mortar is in the game but has no animations.
2 Mar 2019, 03:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Thank you for your encouragement :)

I do think that was Relic (though I'm not entirely sure). If it was the balance team though, shame on those volunteer community members for being lazy enough to add a new unit to an army's roster.
2 Mar 2019, 04:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

If penal double dps are a big issue you can possibly limit their slots to 1 like they did with cons back when brits would drop double vickers for cons.

Not a bad idea, but it does mean that the ptrs upgrade would have to be 2 guns for a single slot, making them undroppable. Just an aspect of that approach to consider.
2 Mar 2019, 05:05 AM

Permanently Banned

Thank you for your encouragement :)

I do think that was Relic (though I'm not entirely sure). If it was the balance team though, shame on those volunteer community members for being lazy enough to add a new unit to an army's roster.

If it wasn't for the poll I made about how badly underpowered the initial version of the stormtroopers were I bet you'd be satisfied and give Ostheer another garbage unit. I recall the new stormtroopers was your idea. After several buffs to the new stormtroopers I think they're performing as intended but the tactical advance ability is still garbage since they're using mp40s now instead of stgs. I haven't found a good time to use the ability as you need to be very close and the unit you're shooting at can't be shooting back or else you'd be better off not using the ability. I used to use the ability to wipe retreating squads but now it's difficult even to do that since only the accuracy is buffed but for a very short range weapon. Once the unit is outside of its tiny range, the dps drops sharply. I swear shock ppsh have more range than the mp40s. I recommend that the ability be made more expensive but give the stg dps profile while the ability is active plus the accuracy boost.

You know I actually predicted that the initial USF mortar addition would be a complete disaster. I made a post about it well before it was on the live patch. And I was right.
2 Mar 2019, 05:33 AM

From what I understand Relic switched up the stats to be a copy of the AA mortar the day before patch after the balance team was testing a different mortar in the balance preview.
2 Mar 2019, 06:06 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

If it wasn't for the poll I made about how badly underpowered the initial version of the stormtroopers were I bet you'd be satisfied and give Ostheer another garbage unit. I recall the new stormtroopers was your idea. After several buffs to the new stormtroopers I think they're performing as intended but the tactical advance ability is still garbage since they're using mp40s now instead of stgs. I haven't found a good time to use the ability as you need to be very close and the unit you're shooting at can't be shooting back or else you'd be better off not using the ability. I used to use the ability to wipe retreating squads but now it's difficult even to do that since only the accuracy is buffed but for a very short range weapon. Once the unit is outside of its tiny range, the dps drops sharply. I swear shock ppsh have more range than the mp40s. I recommend that the ability be made more expensive but give the stg dps profile while the ability is active plus the accuracy boost.

You know I actually predicted that the initial USF mortar addition would be a complete disaster. I made a post about it well before it was on the live patch. And I was right.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS