Login

russian armor

New ideas for devs to use. AKA Brainstorm.

24 Feb 2019, 19:44 PM

I want to bring a space for anyone with good ideas, fresh ones to be either shared or discussed in a civil manner. Creativity is important to avoid the game to go stale.
Its important to say that very complex new mechanics would probably not be implemented as the game already has 5 years and COH3 is being developed. Only a group of developers keep the game updated and its time/money its not limitless.

Being said that i invite you to share you thoughs and ideas!
Please keep objective and explain as much as needed every detail, balancewise numbers can be tweaked but the core idea is the most important.
If the idea is rooted to help the game balanced, it would be even better and it could be implemented on the coming patches!

Edit 25/2. Added new ideas:
(Im filtering some ideas because they repeat or they might be unviable in the current state of the game)

Edit 27/2. Added two more ideas. Tnx for your participation! Keep it up!

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2019, 21:07 PMHater
Make Bofors able to actually shoot down the planes.
Doctrinal ability to bring in your infantry via individual soldiers, rather than whole squads...
Vipper had an awesome idea that should have been tried long ago: Doctrinal ability to produce some of opponents units
...Full (but grounded and authentic) customization of the cosmetics: Soldier skins, Voice lines/accents, and so on
An in-game encyclopedia of all the units and their stats, tied to the files/code (to prevent ninja changes)
...the idea of bringing the Ardennes Assault maps into the automatch rotation...
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2019, 20:35 PMSyraw
On my side I think we should dedicate all our efforts towards map improvements/making. We have very few maps to play on compared to other RTS games.
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2019, 16:52 PMVertigo
- In order to get all heavy tanks be more dangerous and less than a HP big brick Change IS-2, Tiger I and Pershing damage from 160 to 200...
UNIT OBSTACLE DEMOLITION
It Would be nice if units could break small fences, hedges etc. This way maps could be made more naturally with lots of fences and players could strategize where to make paths thru the map. The breakdown time should equal how strong the obstacle is. Like fences can get kicked down by anyone. Walls take extra time. Hedges take a long time to clear. Could have doctrinal demos (like the brit demo) for each army to call up on heavy dense maps.

Could be applied to doors and windows on buildings also. It takes a few seconds to break down a door or smash a window, but once broken you can pop in and out as normal.

24 Feb 2019, 21:07 PM

Make Bofors able to actually shoot down the planes.
24 Feb 2019, 21:22 PM

Doctrinal ability to bring in your infantry via individual soldiers, rather than whole squads

Lets say you can pay 40MP to call in one grenadier. That means 240MP equals 6 grens rather than 4, but once you lose one, you pay 40MP to replace him rather than 30. +vet is gone
Ofc they gotta implement shared cooldowns

Also, Vipper had an awesome idea that should have been tried long ago: Doctrinal ability to produce some of opponents units
24 Feb 2019, 21:28 PM

I also have quite a few for CoH3:

Events- well known from FPS genre. Temporary (un)balance twists and skin additions.
Anniversary of Saving Pvt Ryan premiere? Lets make colts 1911 destroy Tigers

Full (but grounded and authentic) customization of the cosmetics: Soldier skins, Voice lines/accents, and so on

An in-game encyclopedia of all the units and their stats, tied to the files/code (to prevent ninja changes)

An in-game map editor thats very simple and primitive to use. Kinda like when you are orderin your engineer units to build stuff, youd create a whole map

24 Feb 2019, 21:41 PM

customizable infantry skins, so every soldier looks different. also easier accessible camera for streamers e.g. so people not familiar with coh can get interested
25 Feb 2019, 13:33 PM

customizable infantry skins, so every soldier looks different. also easier accessible camera for streamers e.g. so people not familiar with coh can get interested

I agree, I would replace almost all Soviet infantry skins except summer conscripts, summer shock troops and summer snipers, Maxim and the Guns crew the rest are completely inaccurate.
25 Feb 2019, 15:38 PM

During the last map revamp someone brought up the idea of bringing the Ardennes Assault maps into the automatch rotation. It'd be cool to revisit this idea. The maps are already made and may just need some tweaking for balance. Especially important for the teams games players as after vetoes seems there only like 5 maps consistently played.
26 Feb 2019, 08:49 AM

I don't know about customization... in many games this results in messy and cartoonish looks. I would rather have a developer with good taste lock the looks of units to the best skin/model that was created for that unit during development, rather than have everyone be able to select from a pool of mostly mediocre variants. In a way, customization can often downgrade the visuals of a game, because most users don't select with good taste. I don't want to have to look at a clown-fest, there is already enough games like that nowadays. Look where greater choice and customization got us in terms of the commander system. Sometimes less is more. When it comes to game design, I prefer a strict selection progress in terms of quality control. Only the best resources should be integrated into a game.
26 Feb 2019, 12:22 PM

Customization for control keys and shortcuts
26 Feb 2019, 14:07 PM

Rocket arty need to be only non doctinal or coh3 will be another arty fest with idiots with four panzerwerfers or katiusha and balance should be more around 4vs4 especially fuel and muni income
26 Feb 2019, 15:09 PM

+1 on this. Not sure if it's implied, but I'd add detailed descriptions/stats on veterancy buffs as well.
26 Feb 2019, 16:52 PM

+1 on this. Not sure if it's implied, but I'd add detailed descriptions/stats on veterancy buffs as well.

This is an awesome also can help a lot to newbies to understand whats going on
they must have a perfect profile of each unit

Going with my ideas to change gameplay

- In order to get all heavy tanks be more dangerous and less than a HP big brick Change IS-2, Tiger I and Pershing damage from 160 to 200. not about the churchill tank because that thing have 1400 hp and aa 75mm gun the IS-2 tiger I and pershing have bigger guns, ¡ And make the same damage of a T34 !
26 Feb 2019, 20:02 PM

A Dawn of War style campaign similar to Ardennes Assault which also allows you to play on the opposite side or an entirely new Army. In the case of AA for example I think playing the OKW to mimic the German advance through the Hurtgen forest and then changing to the USF perspective would be a good move.

For CoH3 they could do that plus like I said add more Armies like the Brits and possibly Italian-Germans maybe or something.
26 Feb 2019, 20:35 PM

On my side I think we should dedicate all our efforts towards map improvements/making. We have very few maps to play on compared to other RTS games.
27 Feb 2019, 04:06 AM

Main post updated, tnx to everyone participating.
28 Feb 2019, 17:27 PM

The end game stats leave a lot to be desired. It would be great to see both damage and kills for your units. I hate having a great run with a unit to have to killed just before the game ends and not get a clear representation of its performance. Likely a stretch for COH2, but COH3 definitely needs to overhaul its endgame reporting. Including its highlights. "Congratulations your panther was your team killer with 3 TK's".......good to know relic....good to know.
28 Feb 2019, 20:13 PM

The end game stats leave a lot to be desired. It would be great to see both damage and kills for your units. I hate having a great run with a unit to have to killed just before the game ends and not get a clear representation of its performance. Likely a stretch for COH2, but COH3 definitely needs to overhaul its endgame reporting. Including its highlights. "Congratulations your panther was your team killer with 3 TK's".......good to know relic....good to know.

Good point
Oh I wouldnt even mind having the "play of the game" thing introduced in CoH3
1 Mar 2019, 02:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 20:18 PMddd
New idea for devs: stop buffing okw, stop ruining game with more and more callin units, stop nerfing ~30% tournament winrate factions, stop adding tigers to every axis commander. Thanks.

This is not the place for this type of comments!
:ot:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %