Login

russian armor

Urban defense mayhem

23 Feb 2019, 16:19 PM

Some cheeky breeky bolshevik set up a forward position in front of my base and cut off point. Even the fatherland's infantry support gun couldn't dislodge em and to rub salt in the wound I got base rushed. What's your advice mates?
23 Feb 2019, 16:20 PM

Some cheeky breeky bolshevik set up a forward position in front of my base and cut off point. Even the fatherland's infantry support gun couldn't dislodge em and to rub salt in the wound I got base rushed. What's your advice mates?

Sorry forgot to link replay https://www.coh2.org/replay/86615/urban-defense-mayhem-1v1-su-vs-okw-25min
23 Feb 2019, 17:22 PM

IMO, there are 2 big problems - lack of teching and huge hole in your defences. On lost glider these 2 points next to your base must be protected by all costs, and yet you venture on some adventures on flanks.

Also, if playing okw, from my expirience, you should tech up ASAP, but at some point you banking around 400 MP and 50 fuel - more than enough to set up Battlegroup CP and keep your squads reinforcing at same time.

Also-also, would really not reccomend kubel as 1st unit on battlefield - its build-time slightly longer than Volks while costing less MP, so you ending up losing some early map precence. So you should first field volks squad and then you will get just right ammount of MP for cubel. And dont forget that with it you can push enemies out of cover or even destroy some of yellow cover.

As for russian FHQ - it is the most outrageos example of russian bias, if they set it up in some brick building, it takes forever to demolish, so those leigs won't really help.

Getting MG-34 was a good move. Usually soviet players tend to protect that building with everything they got, so you can suppress them and force to retreat. You almost drove them out, but then assault troops rolled in from flank and it was pretty much game over.

What you should have done, IMO, is to cover your mg flanks and pair it up with kubel for spotting. Main thing here is to not overextend kubel itself - you dont want it to shoot and reveal its position.

Hope I could bring up some good thoughts on your replay.
23 Feb 2019, 17:58 PM

MOOOM, I'M POPULAR PogChamp
23 Feb 2019, 18:01 PM

but about this game, well, I was memeing a bit but still, I'm pretty sure that throwing 4 volks flame nades at the same time will burn building down.

Also, you could destroy the corners of the building with luchs or smth.

24 Feb 2019, 00:54 AM

Oh yeah, suppression can force a retreat. Why didn't I think of that? You also brought up some good points on the ISG, should have just gone for another Mg or something. Thank you for your brilliant advice I shall get revenge for the fatherland!
24 Feb 2019, 01:30 AM

Don't focus the buildings themselves when soviets make the urban defense things. If you can force a retreat on his units then the structure is useless (but it does give him sight so keep that in mind. Like others said, use suppression and instead of shooting the building with leigs use them to kill his infantry instead.

Honestly don't even bother trying to raze the building unless you've got like a flamer HT or some real arty/offmap arty.

Kinda wish infantry could decap the building like in coh1 though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★