Login

russian armor

Nerf the DAMN SECTOR ASSAULT

22 Feb 2019, 18:38 PM

With AI planes coming first, you cant stop AT strafe, in fact if you have M5 with quad anywhere near circle it will probably die to AT strafe. Adding a second AI plane was dumb AF considering the cost of that ability and the fact it's already "counter-everything" button - the last thing Overwatch and OKW needs in general
22 Feb 2019, 18:40 PM

The whole map? Do you actually have stats to back this claim up or are you just posting random stuff again?

Last time I checked the Sector Assault radius is about 1/4th of the smaller 1v1 maps. That leaves plenty of room to go somewhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUnyKxSqInk&t=1483s

41:15

Watch how the carnage unfolds. It covers a good 40% of the map when you remove the respective bases from the equation. Seeing how in 1v1 normally the fight is on a more concentrated area (such as in this video), Prodigy gets completly removed from the battlefield. Had VonIvan used his stuka zu fuß on the base, he couldve completly nuked Prodigys infantry without him being able to do anything about.
Stay pinned, get rekt by tanks and inf. Retreat, get a stuka on your base.
22 Feb 2019, 18:42 PM

The whole map? Do you actually have stats to back this claim up or are you just posting random stuff again?

Last time I checked the Sector Assault radius is about 1/4th of the smaller 1v1 maps. That leaves plenty of room to go somewhere else.

Yes.

I have my playercard, having faced relentless Overwatch for the past month in every game against OKW.

Can I see yours?
You wouldn't happen to be doing all this blahblah in balance section everyday without playing the actual game right?

Last, if you seriously can't see anything wrong in the minimap you posted yourself, then you're obviously deluded.

Look at this big circle are you insane?

22 Feb 2019, 19:04 PM

Easy counterable with anti air.

See your 250 muni go down the ganges
22 Feb 2019, 19:05 PM

Watch how the carnage unfolds. It covers a good 40% of the map when you remove the respective bases from the equation. Seeing how in 1v1 normally the fight is on a more concentrated area (such as in this video), Prodigy gets completly removed from the battlefield. Had VonIvan used his stuka zu fuß on the base, he couldve completly nuked Prodigys infantry without him being able to do anything about.

The carnage of two squads getting pinned and 30% damage to a Firefly? Geez that seems really OP for a 250MU ability.

If only the Brit had like, another exit from his base.
22 Feb 2019, 19:14 PM

TIP: Since you only play as the soviets, I advise stop relying so much on spamming 6 man support weapon teams till your IS2/ISU/KV8 arrives. Sector assault is designed to punish players like you.
22 Feb 2019, 19:27 PM

How do I only play as soviets lmao?
22 Feb 2019, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 19:27 PMCresc
How do I only play as soviets lmao?
Well sorry. Don't confuse my post as playercard bullying, at least you got the courage to linkt it to your profile.

What I am saying is; the ability used to be mostly lethal against players who rely too much on T2 (Maxim/PM41/Zis) spam even at late stages of a match. It has been nerfed.
22 Feb 2019, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 19:33 PMhooosh
Well sorry. Don't confuse my post as playercard bullying, at least you got the courage to linkt it to your profile.

What I am saying is; the ability used to be mostly lethal against players who rely too much on T2 (Maxim/PM41/Zis) spam even at late stages of a match. It has been nerfed.

Ok...o_O
22 Feb 2019, 20:13 PM

Sector Assault's about what you'd expect from a 250 MU skillplane. You could probably make it 300 pretty safely, but that wouldn't really change much.

The problem is it was added on top of an already top tier commander.

Overwatch
  • Goliaths
  • Warning Flares
  • Jaeger Light Infantry
  • For The Fatherland
  • LefH Artillery
  • Sector Assault

Remove any one of those and you've still got an incredible commander. Putting Sector Assault on top of all that other stuff is simply overkill.

If you put it in a currently weaker OKW commander like Feuersturm or Luftwaffe it'd probably be okay.
22 Feb 2019, 20:18 PM

I'm not even asking for a removal or that much of a nerf.
Just make the artillery less dominating, so far once you press this ability, you get the whole map for youself.
22 Feb 2019, 20:38 PM

To bring Overwatch in line, you'd need to tone all the abilities down or scrap one.

I'd personally rather have five good ones than six okay ones.
22 Feb 2019, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 20:13 PMLago
Sector Assault's about what you'd expect from a 250 MU skillplane. You could probably make it 300 pretty safely, but that wouldn't really change much.

The problem is it was added on top of an already top tier commander.

Overwatch
  • Goliaths
  • Warning Flares
  • Jaeger Light Infantry
  • For The Fatherland
  • LefH Artillery
  • Sector Assault

Remove any one of those and you've still got an incredible commander. Putting Sector Assault on top of all that other stuff is simply overkill.

If you put it in a currently weaker OKW commander like Feuersturm or Luftwaffe it'd probably be okay.

How exactly it's balanced when Brit skillplanes cost 200 munition and have 2 planes (1 AT/ 1 AI) and USF have just 2 AT planes for 240 muni? This ability has FOUR skillplanes, again it's same mentality - "it's Axis, therefore it should be better while costing the same".
Basically Pathfinders/Snipers vs JLI 2.0
23 Feb 2019, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 22:42 PMKirrik
How exactly it's balanced when Brit skillplanes cost 200 munition and have 2 planes (1 AT/ 1 AI) and USF have just 2 AT planes for 240 muni? This ability has FOUR skillplanes, again it's same mentality - "it's Axis, therefore it should be better while costing the same".
Basically Pathfinders/Snipers vs JLI 2.0

It's Zeroing Arty you can shoot down, and you don't get balance threads about Zeroing Arty.

If you put it in an off-meta commander, it wouldn't be anywhere near the issue it is now.

Similarly, Zeroing Arty would be a problem in Overwatch.
23 Feb 2019, 00:27 AM

It is going to get nerfed, that is all we need to know about it.
23 Feb 2019, 00:44 AM

It is going to get nerfed, that is all we need to know about it.

Is it?
23 Feb 2019, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2019, 00:44 AMCresc

Is it?

It will but it might take them 2 months. :P

The old ju 87's got nerfed and it was almost the same.
It is not a matter of if but when.
23 Feb 2019, 01:37 AM

VonIvan probably spent about a thousand muni on that ability before it actually killed something.
23 Feb 2019, 06:16 AM

It looks like this ability need some cost increasing for 1V1 games.
23 Feb 2019, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2019, 01:37 AMKoRneY

VonIvan probably spent about a thousand muni on that ability before it actually killed something.

This is an area denial ability. Killing something is a bonus in most times.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★