Login

russian armor

Hedgerows needs changing.

6 Feb 2019, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Who did the map changes for Angoville? I like that the map has more resources for the side with only one VP but now the map is strongly allied favored. Before, it was balanced where axis would take the open side, and the allied player would take the house side. Now both sides are much more close quarters. And you can't even ambush using the damn hedgerows on the "used to be open" side. Solution: put some little bushes (the ones that give light cover and induce inf to clump up) against the hedgerows so that SMG troops can actually hide behind the damn hedgerows without one man sticking his head out and telling the enemy "Hello we're here, please shoot me since I can't hit u with an SMG."

Other maps may have the same problem. Please add more bushes to the hedgrows on other maps too.
6 Feb 2019, 22:18 PM

Hi, Sturmpanther and I made the changes to Angoville. I have not heard of any new plans for map updates. I agree Angoville could use a few things changed.

There are two new versions of Angoville and they are posted here Angoville.

One removes some of the hedges on the right side to open it up more. The other totally changes the VP layout to a normal three across the middle setup. Both versions have much improved visuals.

I will make a note of your request in case Relic decides to update the maps again.

Adding a few shrubs around would be easy enough. The trade off is that the units will be wiped easier by mortar and grenades.
6 Feb 2019, 22:20 PM

Adding a few shrubs around would be easy enough. The trade off is that the units will be wiped easier by mortar and grenades.

Mortars do less damage to yellow...
6 Feb 2019, 22:22 PM

To verify we are talking about the same thing. Here is a shot of an update to Lienne Forrest that uses some crates/boxes to draw units close to the hedge so they can toss grenades without being suppressed.
6 Feb 2019, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2019, 22:20 PMVipper

Mortars do less damage to yellow...

It is the clumping that is the issue correct? You don't want a single shot to wipe an entire squad?
6 Feb 2019, 22:37 PM

I forgot to add, that the clumped units will be behind a sightblocker (hedge) so you will not see the grenade coming.
6 Feb 2019, 22:56 PM

It is the clumping that is the issue correct? You don't want a single shot to wipe an entire squad?

All mortar have the kill radius reduced to 0, they can no-longer wipe full HP squads.
6 Feb 2019, 23:32 PM

Permanently Banned
To verify we are talking about the same thing. Here is a shot of an update to Lienne Forrest that uses some crates/boxes to draw units close to the hedge so they can toss grenades without being suppressed.

Yes that's what I'm talking about. The little hedgrows need the small bushes or anything that gives yellow cover. The long hedgerows don't have the problem as a squad can hide behind it even while spread out. Right now they are just sight blockers for mgs and at guns but short range inf can't take advantage of the sight blockers so it's not a good setup.

I think one little shrub on either side of the hedgerow would suffice. Like u said, too much is bad for mortar OHKing squads.
6 Feb 2019, 23:36 PM

Permanently Banned
I forgot to add, that the clumped units will be behind a sightblocker (hedge) so you will not see the grenade coming.

Veteran players are used to that.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS