Login

russian armor

Disable skins and bulletins

27 Jan 2019, 15:51 PM

Is there any way to disable skins and bulletins for your mod?
Wikinger mod disables commanders, skins, bulletins, basically everything
I want to make something similar but only with skins and bulletins. Any help, please?
27 Jan 2019, 16:03 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hey, for that you need Win Condition Pack where you can disable/enable these things.
28 Jan 2019, 10:08 AM
Modmaker Badge

@Sn4rk Hi, lets me help you a bit:

a. Skins: all vehicles have a skin extension in his "ebps files". The vanilla elements mostly dont have defined his skin but you can manually redirect this skin using the "skin_summer" and "skin_winter" in the "ui_ext"

What do you need to do is to "set true" to "skin_pack_override" and define a skin. The skin could be a vanilla skin from the relic servers or one of your own ones created by a skin pack. All those skins use name to identify them, and you just need to point it correctly in your ebps to work correctly.
As an example:

Vanilla ones from relic servers:
british_0011_summer
british_0011_winter

Skins from one of our skin packs created for "Starbuck" on of the best skinners in the community:
4a167bb423654fd6be7a0d8c6b7f9f25_summer
4a167bb423654fd6be7a0d8c6b7f9f25_winter

b. Bulletins & Commanders

You have two options here, one is to use SCAR and remove them in your Win Condition Pack and other way is to locate in your tunning pack all those elements and block them manually. I did them both because in the early stage of Wikinger we dont use SCAR for those things.
Then how to do it:

1. Via Tunning pack: locate the bulleting bonus or Commander ability in vanilla elements, as examples:

Bulleting:
Categories/intel_bulletin and check his reward_upgrade

Upgrade reward:
attributes\upgrade\intel_bulletins\artillery\b4\scatter_b4

Clone the element identical (dont change anythying in it) and save/build. After that remove the elements in the "action" extension of your new one and save/build again. Now in your mod this vanilla element will exist but it will not perform any action or bonus. The player can pick the bulleting but nothing will happens.

Commander ability:
abilities\aef\modal_ability\commander_ability\artillery_155mm

With the commander ability you will need to hide the ability to avoid the player selection. Then basically when you are starting a game the player will pick a commander but you will hide his abilities and the player will be not able to use them. How do you do that:

Clone the ability identical and save/build. After that in the UI position set (-1). This way the ability will NOT appear for selection. Again save/build.

2. Via SCAR in your WCP:

permitted_categories = commander + intel_bulletin + skin_pack + vehicle_decal + fatality

Just remove the ones you dont want.

I hope it could help you

Regards
Olhausen
4 Feb 2019, 22:54 PM

@Sn4rk Hi, lets me help you a bit:

a. Skins: all vehicles have a skin extension in his "ebps files". The vanilla elements mostly dont have defined his skin but you can manually redirect this skin using the "skin_summer" and "skin_winter" in the "ui_ext"

What do you need to do is to "set true" to "skin_pack_override" and define a skin. The skin could be a vanilla skin from the relic servers or one of your own ones created by a skin pack. All those skins use name to identify them, and you just need to point it correctly in your ebps to work correctly.
As an example:

Vanilla ones from relic servers:
british_0011_summer
british_0011_winter

Skins from one of our skin packs created for "Starbuck" on of the best skinners in the community:
4a167bb423654fd6be7a0d8c6b7f9f25_summer
4a167bb423654fd6be7a0d8c6b7f9f25_winter

b. Bulletins & Commanders

You have two options here, one is to use SCAR and remove them in your Win Condition Pack and other way is to locate in your tunning pack all those elements and block them manually. I did them both because in the early stage of Wikinger we dont use SCAR for those things.
Then how to do it:

1. Via Tunning pack: locate the bulleting bonus or Commander ability in vanilla elements, as examples:

Bulleting:
Categories/intel_bulletin and check his reward_upgrade

Upgrade reward:
attributes\upgrade\intel_bulletins\artillery\b4\scatter_b4

Clone the element identical (dont change anythying in it) and save/build. After that remove the elements in the "action" extension of your new one and save/build again. Now in your mod this vanilla element will exist but it will not perform any action or bonus. The player can pick the bulleting but nothing will happens.

Commander ability:
abilities\aef\modal_ability\commander_ability\artillery_155mm

With the commander ability you will need to hide the ability to avoid the player selection. Then basically when you are starting a game the player will pick a commander but you will hide his abilities and the player will be not able to use them. How do you do that:

Clone the ability identical and save/build. After that in the UI position set (-1). This way the ability will NOT appear for selection. Again save/build.

2. Via SCAR in your WCP:

permitted_categories = commander + intel_bulletin + skin_pack + vehicle_decal + fatality

Just remove the ones you dont want.

I hope it could help you

Regards
Olhausen

Thank you SO MUCH!
This is exactly what I was asking for, I tried it and was testing it for few days now and everything seems to work.
4 Feb 2019, 23:51 PM
Modmaker Badge

Glad to help you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 97
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L