Login

russian armor

rocket arty available earlier

20 Jan 2019, 19:56 PM

I think that all rocket arty units should be available sooner. Katyusha and Panzerwerfer should be in tier 3, calliope and land mattress should be at 6 cp points. OKW have stuka in their tier 2 so why other factions can't do that. I think it would also help with blobbing problem especially with OKW.
Do you think its good an idea or a bad one and it is tell me why
20 Jan 2019, 19:59 PM

sry mods but..

get the fuck out of here

:D

Stuka cost 145 fuel to get. 6 cp you can hit in minute 7 or earlier (before you ask, i just had a game i reached cp 6 in minute 7. will gladly post it if you want)
20 Jan 2019, 20:02 PM

Panzerwerfer used to be in tier 3, that's why when you build it you can still hear the narrator say "rocket artillery is available".

It was changed, as damn near everything was in this game, and while I would love to see a blob get annihilated so early on, I don't think it would be in the best interest of the game's overall balance.
20 Jan 2019, 20:03 PM

Panzerwerfer used to be in tier 3, that's why when you build it you can still hear the narrator say "rocket artillery is available".

Also, god no, get out of here with that.

tell me why it such a bad idea
20 Jan 2019, 20:04 PM

"the narrator" haha :D
i always thought of him as the supreme commander or something ^^
20 Jan 2019, 20:06 PM

dude. do oyu know why you dont see arty in 1v1 games? thats on purpose. the moment it becomes a arty fest like in 3v3s 4v4s, the game loses everything we love playing about it, every redeeming quality.

micro off
unit preservation off
rng on
20 Jan 2019, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:06 PMBaba
dude. do oyu know why you dont see arty in 1v1 games? thats on purpose. the moment it becomes a arty fest like in 3v3s 4v4s, the game loses everything we love playing about it, every redeeming quality.

micro off
unit preservation off
rng on

If it becomes atry fest why okw can get their arty faster. From my experience in 1v1 it wouldn't become atry fest.
20 Jan 2019, 20:15 PM

First. Show me footage of an okw arty fest in 1v1, 2v2 because i seem to have missed those.

Second.I started doing the math for you. Go ahead and look how much fuel its costs to get the different artys out and i bet youll be surprised
20 Jan 2019, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:03 PMtank4

tell me why it such a bad idea

I edited my post since I thought my 2nd part was too snippy -- tbh I wasn't a part of "the community" really back then, so no clue why it was removed. It happened shortly after I started to play and was still learning the game, so no clue what was the big beef with it -- other than I'm guessing it was too strong early on and instead of nerfing it's performance they just made it come out later.
20 Jan 2019, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:04 PMBaba
"the narrator" haha :D
i always thought of him as the supreme commander or something ^^

Nah, the supreme commander's voice sounds different. I forget his name, it was like... uhh... Hartlen? No... uhh Hetten? No wait... uhh... it'll come back to me, just give me a minute.
20 Jan 2019, 20:18 PM

Oh, is this related to the singleplayer of one of the cohs? i havent touched those tbh
20 Jan 2019, 20:23 PM

I edited my post since I thought my 2nd part was too snippy -- tbh I wasn't a part of "the community" really back then, so no clue why it was removed. It happened shortly after I started to play and was still learning the game, so no clue what was the big beef with it -- other than I'm guessing it was too strong early on and instead of nerfing it's performance they just made it come out later.

I still dont understand how rocket arty can be too powerful in 1v1. If someone doesn't blob arty units wont do much against single infantry units and light vehicles except maybe stuka.
20 Jan 2019, 20:27 PM

I didnt say its too powerful.
Gettign rocket artillery in 1v1s is a gamble. you get those, you come short on other vehicles like tanks etc.
It comes late, it is expensive. Getting one (and later on losing it) can lose you the game.
Make it easier accessable and its just like in teamgames where you get whatever you want and get away with it.

Just stop. play teamgames if you want Durchbruchmüller to shine
20 Jan 2019, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:27 PMBaba
I didnt say its too powerful.
Gettign rocket artillery in 1v1s is a gamble. you get those, you come short on other vehicles like tanks etc.
It comes late, it is expensive. Getting one (and later on losing it) can lose you the game.
Make it easier accessable and its just like in teamgames where you get whatever you want and get away with it.

Just stop. play teamgames if you want Durchbruchmüller to shine[/quote

I just think that for example Katyusha would be a good alternative to a t70 if enemy player constantly blobs.
20 Jan 2019, 20:38 PM

You have an alternative against blobs.
Flak halftrack (sry i dont know what it is called exactly, the one you can upgrade)
+ Su/ Zis barrage
+ kv8
+ Maxim/ DshK
+
+

you have so many means to deal with blobs. learn to use them. its easy to say the game must change when in fact its just the way you play it
20 Jan 2019, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:38 PMBaba
You have an alternative against blobs.
Flak halftrack (sry i dont know what it is called exactly, the one you can upgrade)
+ Su/ Zis barrage
+ kv8
+ Maxim/ DshK
+
+

you have so many means to deal with blobs. learn to use them. its easy to say the game must change when in fact its just the way you play it

To get kv 8 i need tier 4 and its expensive, flakhaltrack isnt that good and can get easily killed, maxim is shit, to get DshK I need commander and its decent but not that good, Su/ Zis barrage is good if blob dont move but it can just move forward and kill zis and barage on su isnt enought to fight with blob
20 Jan 2019, 20:49 PM

last time i played one of the kv8 commanders, it was still a call in :D

Imagine you are okw. What do you do against spam of any of the other factions? you have no mg to start with, if you are behind because oyu have no map control, you will get no Stuka and the flak halftrack has little more surviveability than the soviet one (it has smoke but needs to set up to supress)
Your argument makes little sense, since blobbing is no soviet problem.
Learn to deal with it, it is a l2p issue and thats what everyone else here will tell you. maybe not gmen, because axis op, but everyone with some basic intelligence
20 Jan 2019, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:49 PMBaba
last time i played soviets, it was still a call in :D

Imagine you are okw. What do you do against spam of any of the other factions? you have no mg to start with, if you are behind because oyu have no map control, you will get no Stuka and the flak halftrack has little more surviveability than the soviet one (it has smoke but needs to set up to supress)
Your argument makes little sense, since blobbing is no soviet problem.
Learn to deal with it, it is a l2p issue and thats what everyone else here will tell you. maybe not gmen, because axis op, but everyone with some basic intelligence

you say that disadvantage of okw is no hmg at start of the game. Is blobing in early game by alies vs okw a good strategy. I dont have any problems playing against wermaht but i have big with okw.
20 Jan 2019, 21:00 PM

i didnt say anything about a disadvantage. i just said that your access to anti blob isnt any easier as okw as it is with other factions. your argument was that okw can just get a stuka (faster and cheaper) and thats not true.

soviet infantry is capable of dealing with those okw can field and maxims are not as useless as everybody would like them to be.
you can get a sniper and inflict some heavy manpower bleed. you you can get elite infantry and overwhelm him.
if you cant make soviet work for you, try some of the other factions. they are defenetly not underpowered in any way shape or form. i would go so far as to say that they are the most versatile of all factions.
20 Jan 2019, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 21:00 PMBaba
i didnt say anything of an disadvantage. i just said that your access to anti blob isnt any easier as okw as it is with other factions. your argument was that okw can just get a stuka (faster and cheaper) and thats not true.

soviet infantry is capable of dealing with those okw can field and maxims are not as useless as everybody would like them to be.
you can get a sniper and inflict some heavy manpower bleed. you you can get elite infantry and overwhelm him.
if you cant make soviet work for you, try some of the other factions. they are defenetly not underpowered in any way shape or form. i would go so far as to say that they are the most versatile of all factions.

i dont know i almost never lose to wermaht player but almost never win with okw player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★