Login

russian armor

USF paratrroper question-s

29 Dec 2018, 20:13 PM

Hey all!!
I am back from a long period of pause in the game,and started with usf para so the questions is:
LMG or SMG? is it ocassionaly or always to pick LMG? or SMG? whats the benefits(stats) for these two?i mostly play 2v2 or 3vs3 with random teammates,very rare 1v1 ,do i have to use paras aggresive or defensive?does the pathfinders any good on early game stages?or i should stocpile manpower andf use rear echelon until i can pump out paratroopes?
thats it for now and sorry for my english
tyvm
30 Dec 2018, 08:13 AM

Hey all!!
I am back from a long period of pause in the game,and started with usf para so the questions is:
LMG or SMG? is it ocassionaly or always to pick LMG? or SMG? whats the benefits(stats) for these two?i mostly play 2v2 or 3vs3 with random teammates,very rare 1v1 ,do i have to use paras aggresive or defensive?does the pathfinders any good on early game stages?or i should stocpile manpower andf use rear echelon until i can pump out paratroopes?
thats it for now and sorry for my english
tyvm

Double LMG is more expensive, but a 6 man, dual LMG squad is very scary at long range. You are almost guaranteed to beat all non-ober infantry in a head on firefight.

The LMG Paras unlock "Suppressive Fire" as an ability.

Thompson upgrade grants your squad 4 thompsons in place of one weapon slot, so you can go thompson + BAR. Thompsons have the highest CQ DPS I think. Especially with the ability "Tactical Advance" which you will unlock.

Tactical advance increases your DPS massively, but makes your squad more vulnerable and slows it down. It is useful when your paras are between the enemy and their retreat, so you can wipe their squads.
30 Dec 2018, 08:36 AM

It depends on your playstyle. I prefer SMGs over LMGs because i want to get up close and personal, with Riflemen backing them up. But the LMG isn't that bad if you want to use it. You get behind cover and use the Suppressive fire ability and then your riflemen advance. You can also get an LMG squad and an SMG squad and do fire and maneuver tactics. But in 2v2 and 3v3 players tend to blob more, so i would suggest that you use SMGs for CQB. You will appreciate it in case that you have a big blob clash.
30 Dec 2018, 13:09 PM

tyvm for the info guys
31 Dec 2018, 12:26 PM

How about pathfinders+ paratroopers? instead of rifleman?
31 Dec 2018, 13:53 PM

How about pathfinders+ paratroopers? instead of rifleman?

No snare

But in certain situations it may work indeed
31 Dec 2018, 16:24 PM

No snare

What snare stands for? my english are bad .....
31 Dec 2018, 16:29 PM

What snare stands for? my english are bad .....

Lel, I dont know the exact translation of the word either :D:help:but its the things that damage engines i.e.:AT nades, AT satchels and Fausts
31 Dec 2018, 16:40 PM

No snare

On top of that paratroopers tend to take massive model losses sometimes because of their bad target size (which they don't get any bonuses to until vet3, and are still relatively bad after that). Luckily, with good usage you can usually inflict way more casualties on the enemy because of their crazy dps with both upgrades and ability to paradrop reinforce. But having at least one rifle squad around to mitigate that and to have at least 1 snare is probably a god idea. Added bonus of 1 rifle + 1 path opening is that both hit the field at prety much the exact same time, which gives you an edge in that first engagement.
31 Dec 2018, 19:54 PM

The upgrades are expensive but more cost effective than BARs on riflemen IMO. Tommy guns cant be dropped, and m1919s get dropped less since its a 6 man squad and they're fighting at long range.

On top of that paratroopers tend to take massive model losses sometimes because of their bad target size (which they don't get any bonuses to until vet3, and are still relatively bad after that). Luckily, with good usage you can usually inflict way more casualties on the enemy because of their crazy dps with both upgrades and ability to paradrop reinforce.

This is why the lmg upgrade is better in most cases in my opinion (I guess thats why it costs more). The tommys are very strong dps wise but the squad holding them isnt as well-equipped for cqc aside from model-count. 1919s let you be safer and still give good dps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★