Login

russian armor

How to counter early mg 42 and snipers with USF and REDS

29 Dec 2018, 12:32 PM

29 Dec 2018, 13:15 PM

Mechanized company, WC-51 and M20. Chase them down. I name this strategy "Running and gunning with WC-51 and M20 vehicles!"
29 Dec 2018, 15:59 PM

With soviets you can countersnipe. USF you really do either have to get lucky with the wc51 or hope he really screws up at some point.
29 Dec 2018, 16:37 PM

with USF, flanking or mortar if you cant flank is the way to go.
30 Dec 2018, 23:05 PM

With soviets you can countersnipe. USF you really do either have to get lucky with the wc51 or hope he really screws up at some point.

Why not just run them down with the clown car? If you got sov sniper you can get the clown car as well right?
30 Dec 2018, 23:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'd say the m20 is an actual option for USF now though. The increased long range accuracy means you don't have to go for a full dive to actually threaten the sniper, and when you do go for the full dive and it works, youre no longer trading 340/20 for 360 (down trading), you're up trading.
31 Dec 2018, 02:58 AM

Why not just run them down with the clown car? If you got sov sniper you can get the clown car as well right?

That’s definitely a possibility too, just you’re more likely to lose the clown car in that scenario. I like to countersnipe because that way you still have your sniper which gives you a huge manpower advantage that only gets compounded by further snipes. People don’t ever tend to get second snipers so yours can usually roam free (until 222 ofc but then it’s good bait for him) and even if they do that probably means they miss out on building an at gun or whatever.

I'd say the m20 is an actual option for USF now though. The increased long range accuracy means you don't have to go for a full dive to actually threaten the sniper, and when you do go for the full dive and it works, youre no longer trading 340/20 for 360 (down trading), you're up trading.

That’s right, I forgot about that. The m20 is definitely very good at killing snipers and I remember even pre-patch if it didn’t get the sniper on retreat usually 1 burst once it got back to base, even from pretty far away (as in outside his base, even) would be enough to kill it.
6 Feb 2019, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2018, 12:32 PMBysuh
ideas?

Smoking the LOS of the MG42/Sniper then rushing it flank/nades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★