Login

russian armor

Rework Penals

PAGES (7)down
2 Jan 2019, 04:45 AM

Rank 57 in 4vs4 team as Ostheer and 163 in 3vs3.

As Soviet I play versus my own team if we are too many. Saying, I have friends. Games has to be funny.

Please, show your playercard. So we know if this is l2p problem or penals are really OP.

For my experience, OKW players got their HQs (T2 or T3) easily blasted by penal usually:
1. Get his army beat away by allies players and left HQs alone;
2. Do not buy mg34 to protect their HQs;
3. Put HQ to the allies players nose.

OKW T4 usually require player cooperation to destroy, one player draw fires and place smoke on that T4, another player send penal to threw charges. This is micros problem, doesn't mean penals are OP.

I can tell you that you cannot count one single OKW T4 HQ to stop a good Soviet player. A smoke on the T4 and your T4 is no longer fire at the incoming penals. If you think build a T4 was a hassle free option to stop the enemy, then you need to relearn how to play COH2.

P.S. I am wondering if you are really good at Ostheer. A Ostheer should know that penals are really hopeless to groups of LMG42 grenadiers.
2 Jan 2019, 04:50 AM

Penals are too efficient for their price, but I never felt I have problem countering them.

The reason is most Sov players only build T1 or T2, so they can rush for T-70. As a OKW player, every time I see penals, I will build AA HF to counter them.

-------------------------------------------

If we need to nerf penals, I think we need to redesign Sov's tech tree at the same time.

We only build T1 because we have teammate to provide mortars or AT guns.

When you finally climb in the front of the ladder, you will find a single AA HT would not work. A good Soviet player knows how to easily kick AA HT out of field. MG34 is a better choice.
2 Jan 2019, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 03:14 AMNaOCl

They are cheap, compared to sturmpioniers.

They're better in every way. I'd rather have Volks with sweepers and Sturmpionier as combat infantry.

Actually, penals and sturms cost the same per unit! But penals are gated behind an additional 160mp.
As for efficiency, sturms are far more capable at repairing tanks than penals, sturms also do a better job at healing infantry! And sweeping for mines. And dealing damage up close.... Penals are better combat units for sure, but that's not unreasonable considering you are comparing engineers and a fucking combat only unit....
11 Jan 2019, 18:48 PM

actually the fundamental problem of the penal bat is the same with the old sturmpioneers... really strong earlygame but left with little use lategame.... changing out penals to use volks mosins + optional DP upgrade means that their lategame cost efficiency is increased in turn for reduced earlygame cost efficiency...
11 Jan 2019, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2019, 18:48 PMgbem

I like your idea which you posted in the rename-penals thread. Also the ideas of changing the skins to make them more logical.
11 Jan 2019, 19:46 PM

P.S. I am wondering if you are really good at Ostheer. A Ostheer should know that penals are really hopeless to groups of LMG42 grenadiers.

Sure I know that. But the game shouldn't be the same all the time.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS