Login

russian armor

The mine placement

28 Dec 2018, 15:50 PM

Where should i focus planting mines? Retreat paths are obvious, but i want someone to give me some more examples. Of course i am talking about anti-tank mines, i don't use anti-personnel mines at all.
28 Dec 2018, 16:29 PM

Right next to a swept opponents mine
28 Dec 2018, 17:37 PM
Donator 22

right there where you park your juicy attractive targets, like Stuka, Panzwerwerfer, Calliople…..that kind of stuff. And make sure your opponent sees them :-)
28 Dec 2018, 23:45 PM

One decent spot is on any intersection of a road that actually will get traveled (not right at the edge of the map etc.), especially if your opponent isn’t using minesweepers. That’s because vehicles tend to choose roads as pathways since they go faster on them and are therefore just more likely to travel over that area, especially at an intersection. Keep in mind he may know this and actively avoid such areas though. I avoid them like the plague, especially against ostheer lol.

Another good place is around corners just because his vehicles are also decently likely to travel there. I’m talking about stuff like the hedgerows on the map crossroads (especially the one on the right by the fuel if you’re at the bottom) or the destroyed building by the top muni point on kholodny. At least in my experience, there’s a pretty good chance that vehicles will at some point or other be coming around such corners and tend to hug the corners, so I like to put mines right there too.
8 Jan 2019, 04:06 AM

I find that if you put mines on "his side" of the map, he is far more likely to strike them.

This is useful for shit like tellers that 1hko lights.

Otherwise, S-mines on retreat paths are also a good way to get squad wipes.
8 Jan 2019, 05:27 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Where should i focus planting mines? Retreat paths are obvious, but i want someone to give me some more examples. Of course i am talking about anti-tank mines, i don't use anti-personnel mines at all.

uhat faction are you asking for? If you're playing Soviets, you only have anti-personnel and general purpose mines. As a side note, I'd recommend putting down the trip wire flares. It's a good way to use your munitions because, as Soviets, you don't tend to get weapon upgrades like the Germans. The potential ubiquity of the flare mines means that, even if the majority are swept, the others will get triggered because your opponent can only have so many minesweeper squads.

There are a few different theories for where you should place mines. If you place them very far forward your opponent will get sweepers and easily spot them. On the other hand, you can plant one or two quite far forward early game and have them detonate and cause mp bleed.

There are certain benefits to placing mines on your periphery. Sweeper squads may be less likely to go on the far sides until the mid or late game as your opponent may want to keep their single sweepers quad with the main body of their forces to win engagements. Additionally, unswept periphery mines have benefits in the late game, too, when micro quality tends to decrease as there are more units on the field.

On the other hand, if your opponent sends a sweeper squad to cap the periphery, your periphery mines can be swept up and you may not even be aware.

If I'm very far ahead in munitions I sometimes plant mines outside my base, especially if I perceive my opponent as quite aggressive. A well placed AT mine outside the base can save squads, damaged vehicles, etc.
8 Jan 2019, 09:49 AM

I have to priorities for placing mines - convenience and strategic.

Convenience is to have my engineers planting a mine while they are capping a point. Considering they are forced to stay in one place anyway while capping, they might as well keep busy by either wiring of cover that the enemy might use or place a mine. if it's an all-purpose mine then I place it on the most likely place that the opponent will enter when he tried to cap the point. If it's an AT-mine I will only place it if it's a place that the opponent might likely move a vehicle, which usually means a road.

Strategic placement are hotspots where I'm not simultaneously capping, but where it's very likely that the opponent will run into it. this again is most likey on roads, retreat paths or behind a sandbag or hard cover where the opponent is likely to move his troops.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS