Login

russian armor

Im gonna hit you guys with an opinion

22 Dec 2018, 09:19 AM

This is just me venting frustration late at night but in my honest opinion you shouldn't post about anything to do with unit balancing or balancing the game in general if none of the following points match you

-You are one of the few pro players of the game
-Ranked at least top 10
-have extensive knowledge on the inner workings of the game
-Be fully unbiased for all factions (the amount of weird faction fanboyism is so dumb to me please stop)

Why?
You do know pro players try(or need) to be as transparent and silent about balance as they can, considering their position as pro players and streamers?

Also this might come as a surprise, but I actually understood vasa's post.

22 Dec 2018, 09:54 AM

Agree that while op raises a good point (despite the clickbaity title), there's nothing wrong with listening to players from all levels and game modes in general, to help create a fun successful game for everyone.

On the other hand I'm not against some basic requirement to post on the balance section. For example, linked playercard, perhaps showing at least 10 games played in all factions. This at least cuts out the useless rants from the people who only play one faction and don't have even a basic idea what things are like from the other side.

If you don't fit this requirement, you'll just see a standard disclaimer directing you to the strategy forum. ;)
22 Dec 2018, 10:23 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Mostly agree with OP statement. I am following the same rules, that‘s why i extremely rare say anything about balance.
22 Dec 2018, 10:41 AM

What rules LMAO?
You're entitled to an opinion, if you're never vocal about your ideas how do you expect them to check things out?

They already said that they mostly chose what to tweak, nerf or buff depending on trending posts and feedback.
You think maxim spam would have been removed if it was for the pro players constantly abusing it?

None of the balance mod team is top 10, Mr.Smith doesn't even play against real players, yet they spoke out their idea around balance and made some great stuff.
It doesn't necesarily take somebody to be top 10 to know what's not right in the game, and even if 90% of balance talk is gibberish, it doesn't mean there aren't good ideas to hear.

OP's post comes out as some sort of passively arrogant thought.

22 Dec 2018, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2018, 10:41 AMCresc
What rules LMAO?
You're entitled to an opinion, if you're never vocal about your ideas how do you expect them to check things out?

They already said that they mostly chose what to tweak, nerf or buff depending on trending posts and feedback.
You think maxim spam would have been removed if it was for the pro players constantly abusing it?

None of the balance mod team is top 10, Mr.Smith doesn't even play against real players, yet they spoke out their idea around balance and made some great stuff.
It doesn't necesarily take somebody to be top 10 to know what's not right in the game, and even if 90% of balance talk is gibberish, it doesn't mean there aren't good ideas to hear.

OP's post comes out as some sort of passively arrogant thought.

I should have bumbed that number up a bit i guess but like i said originally if ANY of the following applies
22 Dec 2018, 19:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised multiple posts regarding Rainbow six Siege (?) I believe. Keep it on topic. There is another section for other games if you'd like to talk about them.
24 Dec 2018, 14:37 PM

Alright, i hope that this post will be on topic, but the whole concept of "don't talk about balance unless you are a pro" is wrong and i will explain why down below.

First of all we are talking about a game. You don't go to university to learn the game. So, as long as we are talking about the game, everyone can tell their opinion. The game's balance is something everyone can talk about and share an opinion. Besides, the same thing happens in our everyday life when we are encouraged to talk about our political beliefs. Anyways, if you read Plato's dialogue called "Protagoras", you will see that Socrates (one of the protagonists of the dialogue) says that when people are talking about something regarding the city, everyone can share their opinion, be it poor, wealthy, ill, ugly, beautiful etc. But when it comes to stuff related to professions, only then citizens are not allowed to talk. If they are talking about shipbuilding, only the shipbuilders can tell their opinion, if they are talking about blacksmithing, only blacksmiths can tell their opinion. The reason? You simply can't tell to a shipbuilder how to construct a ship, and you also can't tell a blacksmith how to forge a shield and a sword. The same thing applies in today's society. You can't tell a mechanic how to fix your car and you also can't tell a doctor how to make a heart surgery unless you are trained for that.

In simple words, the citizens (all of us CoH2 players) are discussing the balance issues of the game, and the City Council (the players again) listen to the issues and try to solve them. So, ask yourselves, can you teach game balance to someone? But before answering to this question, i will advise you to read Plato's dialogue "Protagoras"
25 Dec 2018, 05:41 AM

I think that there are to ways of solving this:
- either we listen to all opinions disregard game experience
- or we make a clear qualification requirements (X games for each faction, Y hours in game, Z or higher rank).

I'd prefer 1st option, but every opinion should have basis, right? Not just "i think this way so deal with it". If someone says "that is OP, that is UP" i think the best way to learn the issue is to study replays or cheatmode footage. Then we could decide if the issue is L2P or bad luck or the imbalance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★