Login

russian armor

Must-have for CoH 3

15 Dec 2018, 17:26 PM

So i recently played with some friends who were new to the game and it was quite enlightening. Obviously after a certain amount of time in this game you develop some time of tunnel vision. things which are natural for you aren't like that for other or new people at all. In my opinion, almost everything in this game is logical and intuitive. However, obviously not so for newer players. anyway, they didn't understand that you need to flank a tank to do more damage, that a panther can't solo jacksons, why which infantry wins which fight at certain ranges etc etc.

So i suggest for CoH 3 some kind of ingame Encyclopedia. In this all units and core mechanics are explained with stats, pictures, text and videos.
for example: "Sturmpioneer":
-Stats.
-good vs ... because of...

other entries eg. :
How to approach a mg-garrissonned house?
How does deflection work?
What's rear armor?
How does flame damage work?
How exactly does cover work?

everything explained maybe with a short video, the stats and the math behind certain mechanics. So new people can understand the game better and have something to consult and look up if they may lose for example and experienced players can understand the game better. i Think this may draw more people in this game and multiplayer and make them stay. Also not even Relic itself must enhance or update the Encyclopedia. I'm pretty sure a lot of community people would do that happily, even more if they are mentioned in the credits somewhere. Relic would just have to supervise and correct some things
15 Dec 2018, 17:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopTN1HnIY0

Turtorial to Cover System and Fire Damage on Fire.
Most are in Turotrials in Game

treiber
15 Dec 2018, 17:38 PM

Yeah, that's the point that guy made in that video about COH2 that's in trending. There is really no way to understand this stuff currently.

I have been playing since release and I have no idea what the really optimal ranges are for infantry. A few people have made videos but they're hard to find, and I'm sure even fewer people know what the ranges really mean in terms in terms of screen distance. What is short, medium and long? I sort of have a feel for it after years of playing but this knowledge only matters briefly, as most people win infantry rights by outnumbering units, nades to deny cover and/or focus fire, not with using ranges properly.

Generally noobs just need to know most Axis units are better at range without SMG upgrades. Allied noobs just need to learn to be patient for their units coming out of base to catch up so they can blob to outnumber vulnerable units and maybe flank an Axis unit in cover.

15 Dec 2018, 17:51 PM

Yeah, that's the point that guy made in that video about COH2 that's in trending. There is really no way to understand this stuff currently.

I have been playing since release and I have no idea what the really optimal ranges are for infantry. A few people have made videos but they're hard to find, and I'm sure even fewer people know what the ranges really mean in terms in terms of screen distance. What is short, medium and long? I sort of have a feel for it after years of playing but this knowledge only matters briefly, as most people win infantry rights by outnumbering units, nades to deny cover and/or focus fire, not with using ranges properly.

Generally noobs just need to know most Axis units are better at range without SMG upgrades. Allied noobs just need to learn to be patient for their units coming out of base to catch up so they can blob to outnumber vulnerable units and maybe flank an Axis unit in cover.

From your description i have an imagination of Starcraft´s stats in my mind, where you can exactly see in numbers what is what, but how does it works for you to know, that green cover is protecting you because of reducing of accuracy or just green cover is better than yellow cover?
15 Dec 2018, 18:03 PM

It would be really cool if hovering the mouse over unit would show all the relevant stats (damage received percentage that would vary with cover/unit stats, DPS at different ranges.) That's all you really need to see, that's only 4 extra bits of info on the screen. It'd be a little tricky because weapons types are so mixed in a lot of squads but an estimate would be better than nothing.

15 Dec 2018, 18:25 PM

If you have the numbers of, for example, Stg44 25m mid-range, then you would know how to use them, if you move your mouse over the volks unit, right?

That would be pretty cool, but its like DonnieChan means: You know intuitiv that M1 garant isnt for close range like MP40/44.
Then, how does would it improve your play to know thats MP44 is for Mid-Range (25m) in numbers?

treiber
15 Dec 2018, 22:30 PM

I was hoping that they would just give the flat stats in game for vet instead of obscure descriptions.
16 Dec 2018, 05:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I have done my best to cover those gaps in information with the starter series.
16 Dec 2018, 08:03 AM

Also, that big ass "Unit Description" in the middle of the UI, bottom of the screen, can be used for a lot of useful information.
Armor, Pen, Accuracy, etc...
16 Dec 2018, 08:36 AM

I have done my best to cover those gaps in information with the starter series.

Yes i know and you made a awesome job doing so. exactly like this i imagine it ingame. and i think information like this should be found ingame, easily and logically accessible. also in a complete version. of course you are alone a can only cover a small fraction of the games mechanics
17 Dec 2018, 07:05 AM

Id say resource cap so people cannot just horde immense resource to lategame and make vehicle losses irrelevant. Also i would like to see that bounces did some damage rather than just be random no damage hits.
17 Dec 2018, 07:31 AM

Yes i know and you made a awesome job doing so. exactly like this i imagine it ingame. and i think information like this should be found ingame, easily and logically accessible. also in a complete version. of course you are alone a can only cover a small fraction of the games mechanics

Exactly, those information should be in game. Dunno why Relic never did that for so many years. It doesn't sound complicated. 1 simple link to coh2.org veterancy guide would be fine. And not only that vet1 gives you increase accuracy (which is okey but for caual players) but also exact stats of all vet improvements and basic stats of all unit and abilities. Tutorial should be way diffrent, more friendly to new players who never played in coh series.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★