Login

russian armor

Mystery workshop problem

13 Dec 2018, 01:51 AM

Hey folks there is a problem with just one specific map on the workshop

No matter how much I unsubscribe or manually install it, it will show in the mod menue but 1. it can't be played and 2. it can't be deleted either. it's the only one with this behaviour, it's this one

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539754383

Can someone test that and see if it's on my end? But it's really just this one map that won't work.

13 Dec 2018, 03:49 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Hey folks there is a problem with just one specific map on the workshop

No matter how much I unsubscribe or manually install it, it will show in the mod menue but 1. it can't be played and 2. it can't be deleted either. it's the only one with this behaviour, it's this one

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539754383

Can someone test that and see if it's on my end? But it's really just this one map that won't work.

You most likely have it installed via SGB and SGA. Are you a creator of this map/ did you unzip it?
13 Dec 2018, 04:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 03:49 AMTric

You most likely have it installed via SGB and SGA. Are you a creator of this map/ did you unzip it?

The file is in SGA format and I have played this map before so that's where the confusion kicks in. I am not the creator.

Should it be in SGB?

I mean, some other maps don't show up aswell, BUT I can select them via the ingame mod manager hub and they will start there via the 'play' button and afterwards they are perfectly recognized but with this one, it says 'waiting for abonnement' or something forever :'(

even tried to get the map from another source but I believe it's the same file just named differently and yeah same problem

can you install the map from the link and play it? I mean it's just a map but really my alltime favourite.
13 Dec 2018, 23:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The file is in SGA format and I have played this map before so that's where the confusion kicks in. I am not the creator.

Should it be in SGB?

I mean, some other maps don't show up aswell, BUT I can select them via the ingame mod manager hub and they will start there via the 'play' button and afterwards they are perfectly recognized but with this one, it says 'waiting for abonnement' or something forever :'(

even tried to get the map from another source but I believe it's the same file just named differently and yeah same problem

can you install the map from the link and play it? I mean it's just a map but really my alltime favourite.

There are two seperate places that the different formats go in. SGA is just relics way of zipping a file, sgb are the vague reference to one of many different file types that get compressed into a SGA.

I will take some time (not at home right now) to look at this, and then let you know. In the mean time I would recommend navigating to the steam workshop page and manually unsubbing to it, starting up coh 2, then closing coh 2, going back to the steam page and resubbing.

With the new influx of players and new load on the servers, it seems the workshop as of late has been wonky at best.

The other thing that interests me is the error code. Can you post a screen of exactly what it says, i've never heard of that before.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★