Login

russian armor

changes not in patch notes

25 Sep 2013, 09:11 AM

From patch description :

"We wanted to improve the usability and appeal for abilities which we felt were underperforming. Some abilities were toned down, such as the ZIS Barrage ability, which we found to be too cost effective given its average damage inflicted. Other abilities such as the IL-2 were inflicting significantly less damage per use and therefore were improved to bring them in line with most other elements within the game. "

Apart from this nothing more is mentioned about the Zis barrage ability. What exactly was changed ?

25 Sep 2013, 10:08 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

The barrage shoots 3 times instead of 6, but it costs the same, this if the change was implemented. But since it's not in the changelog, I honestly don't know. (didn't try it)
25 Sep 2013, 10:19 AM

Complete patch notes would be great, though. I guess they just took an excerpt from all the beta changes but forgot about a few things (or just copied the barrage explanation).

I hope they'll update them once they are back at the office...
25 Sep 2013, 10:27 AM
Benefactor 115

cost effective? lol
the biggest impact of this will be vs buildings, making it pretty much useless.
no decent player would have his units in the barrage area after the 3rd shot anyway, but now they won't even have to bother moving
Only Relic postRelic 25 Sep 2013, 16:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

No, that is a typo. Nothing was changed on the ZIS barrage ability. We pulled it out after testing showed it wasn't a good change.
Hux
25 Sep 2013, 16:47 PM
Patrion 14

I remember the guy in the cast saying something about changes to economics with the new update. Did I hear correctly? because I seem to be absolutely rolling in Munitions, every fucking game!
25 Sep 2013, 16:59 PM

I think that was just for that coop ToW map they showed: One player gets more fuel, the other more munitions, I think.
25 Sep 2013, 19:58 PM

No, that is a typo. Nothing was changed on the ZIS barrage ability. We pulled it out after testing showed it wasn't a good change.

Yeah I wouldn't think three shots would do much or be worth 60 munies. I don't see why you thought it needed to be changed in the first place, never saw as being very powerful?
25 Sep 2013, 20:20 PM

Actually, you guys might want to take a look at this. When I was getting the version incompatibly error on Steam I played a match against the AI and the barrage was firing 3 shots instead of 6.

Maybe the patch to the fix the version compatibility also fixed this? I will check it out again later tonight.

25 Sep 2013, 20:28 PM

you cant cancel mines anymore, cancel button gone
25 Sep 2013, 21:40 PM

I had no technical problems with my patching, but the Zis barrage last game was only 3 shots anyway.

It's been changed.
25 Sep 2013, 21:45 PM

here is one that isnt in the patch notes:

Broke bulletins so they will unlock, but then when you sign out and sign back in they are back to where you were. i finally unlock sibling rivalry(German) after two months of waiting for is-2's to kill. played a game after i unlocked it. logged out for the night. came back on today and back to having to kill 1 more is-2 to unlock.
25 Sep 2013, 21:45 PM

I know perfect solution to this, 30 munition per barrage because it's still useless and can be easily avoided and paying 60 muni when i can for example build 2 mines just don't calculate for me and probably for others
25 Sep 2013, 22:26 PM

you cant cancel mines anymore, cancel button gone

I've found this too.
26 Sep 2013, 03:59 AM

You can build free forward HQs now (after the first builds normally) and it has zero build time. VonIvan just did it to me on ladder. He made every building on the map into a HQ.
26 Sep 2013, 05:23 AM

I've found this too.

same, and i now love having grens run into russian engineer who is planting mine and they can't run and i just rifle nade them kill the mine and engineer together, it was fun
26 Sep 2013, 05:31 AM

Permanently Banned

Its currently firing only 3 rounds.

On that note, I don't appreciate hearing from 3rd parties that Devs are badmouthing me behind my back, when I have been nothing but respectful of them.
26 Sep 2013, 06:15 AM

its firing only 3 rounds now:

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 05:31 AMNullist

Its currently firing only 3 rounds.

On that note, I don't appreciate hearing from 3rd parties that Devs are badmouthing me behind my back, when I have been nothing but respectful of them.

I don't know what the developers said, but maybe you should start showing more respect for everyone and stop instigating and arguing. Then most people will not attack you.
26 Sep 2013, 06:33 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 06:15 AMAbdul
its firing only 3 rounds now: I don't know what the developers said, but maybe you should start showing more respect for everyone and stop instigating and arguing. Then most people will not attack you.

Maybe you should mind your own business AND follow your own advise before you preach it to others. Cos your post here does neither.
Hux
26 Sep 2013, 06:42 AM
Patrion 14

If you cancel Bundle grenade with PGrens before you throw it, it still costs munitions and cooldown begins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak