Login

russian armor

Math question concerning bulletins.

25 Sep 2013, 07:58 AM

I'm wondering, what's more effective over the long run, +4% accuracy/reload or +10% experience? The experience bulletins would allow you to get vet2/3 faster so you get those important vet bonuses. But with more accuracy or less reload, you might do more damage and thus get vet faster so you get to the important vet levels faster anyway. Also, once you've reached vet 3, the accuracy/reload buff is still useful, but the experience isn't.

Anyone know the exact answers for this?
25 Sep 2013, 08:02 AM

From my logic and experience I would say the 4% accuracy/reload is a better option since the increased damage over time from having more accuracy or a faster reload will allow you to vet up more or less the same time as the 10% exp while at the same time allowing you to keep the accuracy/reload modifiers even after vetting up.

for example the panzer grens pre patch 5% accuracy bonus was a better option vs the 9% vet increase since panzergrens with shreks vet up extremely fast anyway without the exp bulletin and once you vet up the accuracy upgrade along with the vetted unit pays much better dividends in the long run.

25 Sep 2013, 08:35 AM

Permanently Banned
I'm wondering, what's more effective over the long run, +4% accuracy/reload or +10% experience? The experience bulletins would allow you to get vet2/3 faster so you get those important vet bonuses. But with more accuracy or less reload, you might do more damage and thus get vet faster so you get to the important vet levels faster anyway. Also, once you've reached vet 3, the accuracy/reload buff is still useful, but the experience isn't.

Anyone know the exact answers for this?

why not both?
yeeeah
25 Sep 2013, 08:35 AM

Permanently Banned
btw i would see vet3 tiger, it two shoots the t34s.. :D
25 Sep 2013, 14:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 08:35 AMakosi
why not both?
yeeeah

True dat.
25 Sep 2013, 15:31 PM

i can tell you that, mathematically, there is no "better", since both bulletins affect multiple things.

obviously, the vet gain does not directly influence the damage output of the squad, it only amplifies the vet gained (or lowers the vet requirements, dont know exactly) from the damage. likely, it will also amplify the vet gained from taking dmg, whereas the accuracy/reload bulletin will not influence that at all.

as you noted, vet gain is only useful if there is vet to gain. this, and the fact that amplified combat stats (like the ones gained from vet) are pretty strong, even if just small ones, and since i'm fairly sure that the bonuses stack, i'd go with the accuracy/reload one. it could potentially tip early (unvetted) fights in your favor.
Hux
25 Sep 2013, 15:37 PM
Patrion 14

^ I would agree with Cr4wler.

not only do the accuracy/reload bulletins come in handy early game. They also continue to be so post-vet. PGrens with Shrecks + increased accuracy/ reload will fly through vet levels if used properly.

Having said that, the RNG God laughs at your 'mathematics'. and it's situational as to whether you loose them vetting up or not.
25 Sep 2013, 17:50 PM

well like you guys have all been saying, they have different advantages, so its really a matter of preference.

if you want to vet as quickly as possible, 10% vet will be the best choice. the best bulletin for increasing dps is 3% accuracy for both grens and cons because it leads to a direct increase in dps by 3%. the next best is 5% cooldown, then 2% cooldown 2% reload, and last 3% reload.

if youre curious what the actual numbers are, you can find them here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=15

the number above the bold DPS number is the % change compared to the base weapon with no bulletins. ill leave this up for a while, but ill probably delete this tab eventually.
25 Sep 2013, 18:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 17:50 PMwooof
well like you guys have all been saying, they have different advantages, so its really a matter of preference.

if you want to vet as quickly as possible, 10% vet will be the best choice. the best bulletin for increasing dps is 3% accuracy for both grens and cons because it leads to a direct increase in dps by 3%. the next best is 5% cooldown, then 2% cooldown 2% reload, and last 3% reload.

if youre curious what the actual numbers are, you can find them here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=15

the number above the bold DPS number is the % change compared to the base weapon with no bulletins. ill leave this up for a while, but ill probably delete this tab eventually.

:clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight