Login

russian armor

Flags on points

23 Nov 2018, 14:11 PM

Can we please get these to be ignored by vehicles yet? They can cause far too much trouble for pathing and for what? We can ghost through tanks that are moving, I don't believe anyone would really complain about a universal change such as this, apart from you, you will wont you!
23 Nov 2018, 21:23 PM

Let me guess:
Engine wont allow for such a change, will it?

ALthough... I have an uncertain, faint (and possibly false) memory of seeing a video of a mod where the flags already were only visuals rather than objects. So perhaps they just forgot to implement it...

Also, dont expect it would help too much, this is CoH. One might make a map bein a plain, flat, object-less square and the vehicles would still move worse than a sub-marine on a highway
23 Nov 2018, 23:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It was denied by relic with these flagposts to become ignored by vehicles afair.
23 Nov 2018, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 23:21 PMd0ggY
It was denied by relic with these flagposts to become ignored by vehicles afair.

Did they give ANY reason why? From a games design standpoint they add absolutley nothing to the game, only possible frustrations to the players so that a very strange call to deny making them passable by vehicles!
24 Nov 2018, 00:32 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 23:51 PMLatch

Did they give ANY reason why? From a games design standpoint they add absolutley nothing to the game, only possible frustrations to the players so that a very strange call to deny making them passable by vehicles!

@RE_Andy in Shoutbox and he might have an answer for you ; )
24 Nov 2018, 02:13 AM

just take into account the fact that theyre inpassable and change your vehicles positioning accordingly
24 Nov 2018, 02:47 AM

just take into account the fact that theyre inpassable and change your vehicles positioning accordingly

If the pathing was brilliant, I'd agree, its not however so remove the things that add nothing to the game and simply restrict pathing potential.
24 Nov 2018, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 02:47 AMLatch

If the pathing was brilliant, I'd agree, its not however so remove the things that add nothing to the game and simply restrict pathing potential.

pathing is 90% of the time user error. this is a hard pill to swallow, but the pathing in the game is for the most part predictable, and there are ways to make sure your vehicle does what you want it to do. the most common mistake is backing your vehicle into an uncrushable object (which will force your vehicle to rotate to get out). always use the reverse key and micro manage your vehicles pathing.
24 Nov 2018, 08:15 AM

pathing is 90% of the time user error. this is a hard pill to swallow, but the pathing in the game is for the most part predictable, and there are ways to make sure your vehicle does what you want it to do. the most common mistake is backing your vehicle into an uncrushable object (which will force your vehicle to rotate to get out). always use the reverse key and micro manage your vehicles pathing.

I would try changing the reverse into a toggle or button that simply reverse your unit.
24 Nov 2018, 11:44 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 08:15 AMVipper

I would try changing the reverse into a toggle or button that simply reverse your unit.

I think current reverse is very easy to use. If you want it even easier, you can just set one of the buttons on your mouse to click reverse and then left mouse button right after that. That is a great way to move your vehicles forwards and backwards whenever you want with no lag caused by the user.
24 Nov 2018, 13:25 PM

I don't agree with you but thats another discussion on pathing, however, you seem to agree that 10% is the games fault, so, lets reduce that % by removing flag pole colission. Simple.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS