Login

russian armor

P2W whine thread.

PAGES (10)down
29 Sep 2013, 01:07 AM

Maybe they should start charging us for patches. If you want to get the new content you have to pay for it, right guys?

Shh. Don't give them ideas. ;)
29 Sep 2013, 03:17 AM

Only in the gaming community, full of neckbeards living out of their parents closest and who have never worked a day in their life, does $12 cause so much outrage.
29 Sep 2013, 03:29 AM

Importance vs % price is very relevant. A CPU can cost 20-30% the price of an entire computer because it is the most critical component. But in terms of computers, a DLC commander/skin is about as critical as a mousepad. And btw your entire Ipad argument is flawed because you only compared the manufacturing process and not the materials used or the design process. Even just comparing the manufacturing process you are still wrong because a good chunk of CoH2 sales were via Steam and therefore there was no manufacturing.

It's not relevant when trying to determine the value of the product. A core component in a product can be relatively cheap to replace, whereas another component can be quite expensive but it's valued by consumers.
Think about fluro lights on a desktop computer. They're not necessary to run the computer, but they can be quite expensive considering the only value they add is aesthetics.
You have a lot to learn...

The consumers of the video game industry have already determined a year of DLC for a single AAA title is worth $40-60, the chances of your opinion changing that are slim to none.

Not true with all games. In fact many titles have used small, cheaper expansions rather than packaged DLC (which often contain many features people do not even want). The beauty of the model Relic are doing right now is individuals can pick and choose exactly what they want. I don't like that commander, but I do like this other one. Great, you don't have to spent $12 for them all, I can buy each one I like individually. Never before has the gaming community had so much control over their purchases. In the past it has been bulk DLC and expansions full of shit people do not even want (I don't care about campaign or ToW) but their new model allows me to not only pick the area of the game I want improve, but the exact commanders and units I want right now. This model is actually a good thing for the community, but you people are too stupid and blind to see it.

So yeah, L2economics and try your hardest with your next reply so I don't tear it apart in 4 minutes.

Pretty childish post and your comments show a severe ignorance of economics and how the world works. So I'm just going to say - keep trying, kid.
29 Sep 2013, 03:42 AM

Ahh I see what you do there

a) Call everyone else childish
b) Say that everyone is unemployed
c) Bag out everyone in this forum.

Okay, there are ppl who have been racist, ppl who have been unpleasant and ppl who have been idiotic on this forum before.

You're the first guy on this forum who I'm going to say

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE ALRIGHT!
29 Sep 2013, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 03:42 AMhubewa
Ahh I see what you do there

a) Call everyone else childish
b) Say that everyone is unemployed
c) Bag out everyone in this forum.

Okay, there are ppl who have been racist, ppl who have been unpleasant and ppl who have been idiotic on this forum before.

You're the first guy on this forum who I'm going to say

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE ALRIGHT!

Didn't do any of those things, but I am ignoring you because you have nothing constructive to say apart from direct insults which are irrelevant to the discussion. You have already been warned by an Admin in this thread.
29 Sep 2013, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 04:35 AMGTTV

Didn't do any of those things, but I am ignoring you because you have nothing constructive to say apart from direct insults which are irrelevant to the discussion. You have already been warned by an Admin in this thread.

Playing victim simply won't be enough for your hate of the community.

And you've made one hell of a show 17 posts in.
29 Sep 2013, 05:16 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 04:35 AMGTTV

You have demonstrably done all those things, as well as your posts being overladen with personal insults.

I agree entirely with hubewa and many others about you.

Leave. Just leave.
29 Sep 2013, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:03 AMhubewa

Playing victim simply won't be enough for your hate of the community.

And you've made one hell of a show 17 posts in.

I don't feel like I should tread lightly because I don't have over 9000 posts in this particular forum (and neither should anyone). Your derogatory comments certainly don't help your case.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:16 AMNullist

You have demonstrably done all those things, as well as your posts being overladen with personal insults.

I agree entirely with hubewa and many others about you.

Leave. Just leave.

If you can't handle the discussion, don't post.
29 Sep 2013, 05:33 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:28 AMGTTV

I can handle "discussion". I don't need to handle your insults, attacks, derogatory commenting, false implications and general half-assed trolling with no purpose except to deride other posters and dereail the thread into flaming.

You've already destroyed your own reputation and integrity.
You might as well delete your account and make a new one.

No one is ever going to take you seriously on anything and you are a hairs-width from a ban.

PS: The admin was warning YOU.
29 Sep 2013, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:33 AMNullist

I can handle "discussion". I don't need to handle your insults, attacks, derogatory commenting, false implications and general half-assed trolling with no purpose except to deride other posters and dereail the thread into flaming.

You've already destroyed your own reputation and integrity.
You might as well delete your account and make a new one.

No one is ever going to take you seriously on anything and you are a hairs-width from a ban.

PS: The admin was warning YOU.

Doubtful considering I was the only one discussing the actual thread and not resorting to aimless double-posting insults. I also never once replied to any comment made by you.

(FYI - You have a big reputation on this forum as a shitposter.)
29 Sep 2013, 05:49 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:46 AMGTTV

Doubtful considering I was the only one discussing the actual thread and not resorting to aimless double-posting insults. I also never once replied to any comment made by you.

(FYI - You have a big reputation on this forum as a shitposter.)

Not doubtful, because you can demonstrably be shown to have done for example what Hubewa accused you of. I can show you quotations. This kind of "I haven't done that" when quotation evidence abounds action, doesnt fly.

As to my reputation, I have written long, correct and thoughtout posts by the hundreds. I haven't always been right, but people have agreed with me many MANY times.

And when the a big "shitposter" tells you that your posts are what I said above, you should probably take that pretty seriously. As far as reputations go, mine depends on who you ask. Yours is just flat out already in the garbage.

If I was you, I'd delete my account and start afresh. You aren't going anywhere, fast.
29 Sep 2013, 05:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:28 AMGTTV

The fact you think you're having a discussion is hilarious, when you're just trying to flame everyone to death.

Idiots who play victim hahaha, really can't make this shit up.
29 Sep 2013, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:49 AMNullist

Not doubtful, because you can demonstrably be shown to have done for example what Hubewa accused you of. I can show you quotations. This kind of "I haven't done that" when quotation evidence abounds action, doesnt fly.

As to my reputation, I have written long, correct and thoughtout posts by the hundreds. I haven't always been right, but people have agreed with me many MANY times.

And when the a big "shitposter" tells you that your posts are what I said above, you should probably take that pretty seriously.

If I was you, I'd delete my account and start afresh. You aren't going anywhere, fast.

I refuse to be pressured and bullied into deleting my account because you believe you have some kind of power over me because you have 1000 posts and I just made 20. I will continue to discuss and say what is right. The right opinion in rarely popular. People have also already agreed with me on this forum, just not this thread yet.

The only times I may have insulted people is to defend myself, which I will continue to do.

Your attempt at bullying and trolling is really pathetic. Keep your posts on-topic or don't post at all.
29 Sep 2013, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:51 AMGTTV
The only times I made may have insulted people is to defend myself, which I will continue to do.

Just from this page of this discussion ALONE, I can provide quotes of you calling people stupid, childish, neckbeards, and directly claiming they are unemployed or living in basements. Your conduct gets even worse and has multiple variations of the above the further I look back in the discussion. You've crossed the line not just once, but multiple times, on multiple counts of what you, incredibly claim to "not have done".

I make more money than you. Are you mad?
I inherited a big estate. Are you mad?
I am more ethical than you. Are you mad?
I have a better reputation than you. Are you mad?
I have posted 100x more than you. Are you mad?
I am smarter than you. Are you mad?
I am better educated than you. Are you mad?

Now that we have all the bullshit ad hominem out of the way that you try to insinuate into the discussion, in all cases of which I am superior to you, whats your ACTUAL point?

That people are not "allowed" to complain about feeling ripped off?

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:51 AMGTTV
I will continue to discuss and say what is right. The right opinion in rarely popular.

And yet that is exactly what you are refusing OTHER posters to do, who are voicing their opinion on P2W here. Im not surprised you dont see the irony.
How about some integrity?
Hold yourself to the same standards you are trying to nail others to?

What is your actual point here except antagonising and insulting the people who are expressing their position and feelings on P2W?
29 Sep 2013, 07:01 AM

I just wanted to say a few things on this topic since I am a bit concerned about the direction the game is going.

When the balance team was working so hard on COH2 to make things just right I got a really good feeling that this was going to be a serious game with huge tournaments on twitch that would attract many viewers. However, when I first played the game post CB patch I encountered assault grenadiers and a German version of the M3. I felt like I was playing a different game. The experience left me worried about how seriously game balance is effected by such regular and dramatic changes.

If this game becomes just like any other free to play game with new copy-paste units being added every month it will never be a serious tournament game. The company of heroes appeal for me was as intense strategy in its purest form, much like a chess game. These changes make the game feel less serious. In all honesty I probably will continue to play if things keep going the way they do, but my excitement for the game will probably drain over time.

Thanks for the post mentioning "Nazi Gold" in game currency. That made me laugh.
29 Sep 2013, 07:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Guys please keep this discussion civil, thanks.
29 Sep 2013, 09:40 AM

Permanently Banned
There is a precedent. The aborted CoH: O experiment.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_Online

You earned or bought permanent and temporary units/advantages in that game.

Personally, I REALLY liked the system, due to diversity, in theory, but balancewise, it was untenable (due mostly to its short lifespan, Im confident relative balance couod eventually have been reached).

IMO it was a pioneering RTS model with a promising DLC/earned/"entropy/decay"/random system that had great potential in the genre.

As to CoH2 DLC now, it was done wrong. The new Commanders should have come packaged with Case Blue, and shuffles released as additional, non-CE, purchaseable DLC.

This would have better maintained the status quo in a significant number of ways.
I could list them, but tbh they are so blatantly obvious that I resist having to state them, becasue that implies they need explaining, when, really, they should be considered blatant and industry/community standards. They shouldnt need separate justification.

Marketing really fked this. I support the balance team unconditionally. Frankly, they got as fked by this marketing solution, as did the community, as did the game itself.
29 Sep 2013, 11:03 AM

The sum total cost of all DLC in this game is more than an Expansion Pack yet it is not nearly 1/4 the amount of content required to justify that price. Looking at the commanders, more than 2/3 the abilities are just the same shit from commanders we already have and then put into the new tree with one new ability(sometimes).

The amount of effort that went into developing these commanders is virtually nil. They're not worth my money because it wasn't worth their time to develop. Some would say that I should not buy it and that will send a message. Unfortunately, it wont, because there are too many idiots in the world who will buy it and defend it and excuse this until their death, even though it inexcusable. Games attract the shittiest consumers on this planet and it's because of these people we have poorly made products.

I pre-ordered this game in an act of good faith with Relic. I pre-ordered this game even when all my friends told me it was simply a money grab and that it would be a piece of shit. I pre-ordered it despite the fact I knew there would be problems on release for weeks, maybe months.

The only title I can equate Relic's betrayal to me is Rome II - at least their development team is competent enough to recognize how much of a monumental fuck up its release was and has been putting out a ridiculous amount of patches since. There are none of the required release features. At all. The game has taken a roll back in some basic features(Numbers of players search). The game has TOTALLY BUTCHERED CoH1 essential features.

This game is not what I signed up for when I heard "Company of Heroes 2". It is a total betrayal of the franchise, it is a total betrayal of its core userbase, and it's a total break in faith for all those who put their trust in Relic. If I could pursue a refund for this game I would. I guess I simply will have to settle for not playing it.

I had faith in Relic. I even bought the first round of DLCs, thinking it'd be a once off and they wouldn't release such shitty content again. And yet here we are.

Fuck this game. Fuck Relic. Fuck the people who defend them.

And I've played every Relic release. Ever.

-I'm out
29 Sep 2013, 11:08 AM

Am i doing it right?
29 Sep 2013, 11:20 AM

Guys, Guys, Guys....I thought we agreed to slow topics featuring Nullist down to give me some time to catch up on all these beautiful quotes.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 05:49 AMNullist

@GTTV: this is great first hand advice.

Fuck this game. Fuck Relic. Fuck the people who defend them.

And I've played every Relic release. Ever.

-I'm out

You'll be back.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 10
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W