Login

russian armor

What should I have done here?

19 Nov 2018, 18:17 PM

In the early game I absolutely trashed this guy, was literally in his base and then he pulls out a double isg and and lets them go to town. Wiped my sniper (totally out of my control) with them and one of my IS (a little more in my control but still) in a matter of seconds and then just popped up his schwerer to cover them from any sort of push. I was completely at a loss for what to do considering there were still plenty of volks and an mg out there as well and tried an armor push that I probably could've coordinated better with infantry, not that it would've made a huge difference. I couldn't use my commandos very well all game because of that IR halftrack constantly revealing them either.

I'm just completely at a loss for what to do against a static okw player with double isgs as a Brit. Even tried building a mortar pit (even though I knew exactly what would happen) and it just got evaporated by isgs.

Replay:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/84086/double-isgs
21 Nov 2018, 09:56 AM

In the early game I absolutely trashed this guy, was literally in his base and then he pulls out a double isg and and lets them go to town. Wiped my sniper (totally out of my control) with them and one of my IS (a little more in my control but still) in a matter of seconds and then just popped up his schwerer to cover them from any sort of push. I was completely at a loss for what to do considering there were still plenty of volks and an mg out there as well and tried an armor push that I probably could've coordinated better with infantry, not that it would've made a huge difference. I couldn't use my commandos very well all game because of that IR halftrack constantly revealing them either.

I'm just completely at a loss for what to do against a static okw player with double isgs as a Brit. Even tried building a mortar pit (even though I knew exactly what would happen) and it just got evaporated by isgs.

Replay:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/84086/double-isgs

I can give you a second set of eyes on this if you want.

I'm somewhat within your level for 1v1 brits (though negligence and other priorities have eaten a lot of my ladder placement), so I probably won't be able to teach you stuff you don't already know.

But I might be able to notice things you missed and just give you a different perspective if you're interested :)
21 Nov 2018, 17:40 PM

I can give you a second set of eyes on this if you want.

I'm somewhat within your level for 1v1 brits (though negligence and other priorities have eaten a lot of my ladder placement), so I probably won't be able to teach you stuff you don't already know.

But I might be able to notice things you missed and just give you a different perspective if you're interested :)

Yeah that would be great. Anything to help me out here wouldbe wonderful, as I'm really at a loss for what to do against this kind of play.
21 Nov 2018, 19:52 PM

Ah I'm sorry man but this replay has become corrupted after the latest updates.

I tried running it with the "–allowIncompatibleReplays" option but it only shows your first unit while the manpower just floats into the thousainds.

So I'm afraid I can't give you a review unless somebody has an idea on how to fix this :help:
23 Nov 2018, 07:24 AM

Ah I'm sorry man but this replay has become corrupted after the latest updates.

I tried running it with the "–allowIncompatibleReplays" option but it only shows your first unit while the manpower just floats into the thousainds.

So I'm afraid I can't give you a review unless somebody has an idea on how to fix this :help:

Darn. Yeah that new update came out pretty much right after I responded to you lol.

Any tips in general on how to deal with relatively static okw play with double isgs? He also had the IR halftrack that reduced my commandos to overpriced shocks and gave him constant maphax.
23 Nov 2018, 12:22 PM

hmm. I only have a bit over 50 games with brits and it's not a strat I've ever faced as UK, so I'm probably not the perfect one to ask.

My guess would be than somethings can be done before he gets to that stage, and otherwise perhaps some mortar shelling with the pyrotechnics from either sniper or upgrades sections might do it?

Sorry, but I dont feel like I can give proper advice for this without a replay for context :(
23 Nov 2018, 16:00 PM

hmm. I only have a bit over 50 games with brits and it's not a strat I've ever faced as UK, so I'm probably not the perfect one to ask.

My guess would be than somethings can be done before he gets to that stage, and otherwise perhaps some mortar shelling with the pyrotechnics from either sniper or upgrades sections might do it?

Sorry, but I dont feel like I can give proper advice for this without a replay for context :(

Well thanks for the advice anyway. Unfortunate that the replay got corrupted :(
23 Nov 2018, 19:58 PM

Double LeIG, IR HT, and Schwer is certainly a very powerful combo against Brits, I agree...

In that kind of situation I find myself just trying to keep moving to avoid the fire, take advantage of the reduced map presence of OKW by capping more, and taking any chance I get to dive the LeIGs (and cost them even more manpower and may prescense to recrew them).

Not the best advice considering OKW is not a very manpower-starved faction, but it's the best I've thought of so far... certainly tools like sniper, land mattress, and even AEC or mortar (in conjunction with other things going on) can help to wipe them and regain the advantage.
23 Nov 2018, 20:39 PM

Funny, I've never even considered using the IR halftrack in 1v1, but it sounds like their might actually be some use for it :)
24 Nov 2018, 02:18 AM

Well thanks for the advice anyway. Unfortunate that the replay got corrupted :(

Not expert on brits, but you could get your own rocket artillery to punish him as it has pretty good range in it. When you get advantage early in game you should tech to high tier tanks to have advantage when he tries again to push out is the other option.

+ mines wins games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS