Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
25 Sep 2013, 13:07 PM
Patrion 14

YES WE KNOW WE WASTED OUR MONEY. It just so happens that the realisation of that has only just occurred to most of us. I can't believe they have already had a 33% off sale on the damn thing.

We're being treated like shit, we know it, and then theres this line of people going "well you knew what was in the pack". I hate to say this, but after THQ collapsed the whole thing was a gigantic mess for the longest time. I didn't order until the last second it was so bad.

I don't resent them for trying to make money with DLC. I resent that the most loyal customers are losing out (because "its such a good deal for our most loyal fans") and that they saw to jack the price up by another £1 because they are the flavour of the month.

Then theres the folks who picked them up at the incorrect pricing steam set. Why the hell were they not just the same as the current commanders?

The whole ordeal is an example of how not to do DLC and Collectors Editions.

Entitlement? Yeah, I guess I feel entitled for sticking with Relic for so long and buying a collectors edition that I figured they might make into a sweet deal. Just sucks they gave everything away to preorders and discounted it as well. Loyality huh?

And what do you get if you were a collectors edition owner whom preordered? The same as people who buy it now.

25 Sep 2013, 13:21 PM
Donator 11

I was of the opinion that it's not a P2W model, but how do you want me to practice vs. these new commanders ? ah yes, by LOSING against them for while.

The problem is that they are going to be adding more of them.
25 Sep 2013, 13:25 PM

Regarding the collectors edition talk:

I got the hardcopy collectors edition and it's the only game I have EVER got a collectors edition of. I got it because of the awesomeness that relic gave me with CoH 1 and I wanted to give a little back to the company.

IMO that's the ONLY reason to buy a collectors edition. What you get in any collectors edition is not worth the extra cost. It's a case of do you want to support the company, be a super fan and maybe get a little extra.

PS. I worked in a games store a few years ago and I can tell you this doesn't even come any where near the "worst collectors edition".

1+

I bought the CE to support relic as I thought they were one of the very few companies that did it right and made amazing games for the PC. I also bought COH x3 and OF and TOF x2 because I loved the games and after something messed up with cd I just went and got extra versions instead of trying to get a refund.

I feel disappointed about the new commanders being not free for the CE version of this game? you would think you are entitled to at least some free stuff - thats what the CE version was about, free dlc support.
25 Sep 2013, 13:30 PM

YES WE KNOW WE WASTED OUR MONEY. It just so happens that the realisation of that has only just occurred to most of us. I can't believe they have already had a 33% off sale on the damn thing.

We're being treated like shit, we know it, and then theres this line of people going "well you knew what was in the pack". I hate to say this, but after THQ collapsed the whole thing was a gigantic mess for the longest time. I didn't order until the last second it was so bad.

I don't resent them for trying to make money with DLC. I resent that the most loyal customers are losing out (because "its such a good deal for our most loyal fans") and that they saw to jack the price up by another £1 because they are the flavour of the month.

Then theres the folks who picked them up at the incorrect pricing steam set. Why the hell were they not just the same as the current commanders?

The whole ordeal is an example of how not to do DLC and Collectors Editions.

Entitlement? Yeah, I guess I feel entitled for sticking with Relic for so long and buying a collectors edition that I figured they might make into a sweet deal. Just sucks they gave everything away to preorders and discounted it as well. Loyality huh?

And what do you get if you were a collectors edition owner whom preordered? The same as people who buy it now.

Ja man... I preordered as soon as it was available. When the whole mess started to occur, I thought to myself, just let it be. It's my favorite game, so show some support. Then they included all the preorders into their "program". I could have just gotten the base game. Same stuff, pretty much.

And now we get kicked in the face with a half ass ToW mission pack. Ostheer only. The soviet ToW pack will be included at extra cost. They should at least include both factions for the DCE... I am feeling ripped off man.
25 Sep 2013, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 13:30 PMDerBaer

Ja man... I preordered as soon as it was available. When the whole mess started to occur, I thought to myself, just let it be. It's my favorite game, so show some support. Then they included all the preorders into their "program". I could have just gotten the base game. Same stuff, pretty much.

And now we get kicked in the face with a half ass ToW mission pack. Ostheer only. The soviet ToW pack will be included at extra cost. They should at least include both factions for the DCE... I am feeling ripped off man.

Relic is simply milking us to death.The soviet ToW 1942 pack will also come with another 4 multiplayer commanders for Money to milk everything out of us.
25 Sep 2013, 13:35 PM

Relic is trying to run a business here for fuck sake..

It's normal that they try to make a profit from new content..

I mean, if you pay an entry fee to a nightclub and then you see a guy with some money buy a drink for a nice lady are u going to stand up and yell -"HEY, THAT'S PAY TO WIN BRO, NOT COOL."

Get real.. get a job.. or something.
25 Sep 2013, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 13:35 PMTivook
Relic is trying to run a business here for fuck sake..

It's normal that they try to make a profit from new content..

I mean, if you pay an entry fee to a nightclub and then you see a guy with some money buy a drink for a nice lady are u going to stand up and yell -"HEY, THAT'S PAY TO WIN BRO, UNCOOL."

ToW 1942:
German part = 9$ + 4 multiplayer commanders = 4*4$=16$
Soviet part = 9$ + 4 multiplayer commanders = 4*4$=16$
Total cost = 50$

ToW 1943:
Total cost = 50$

ToW 1944:
Total cost = 50$

ToW 1945:
Total cost = 50$

TOTAL COST FOR ALL COMPLETE CONTENT = 200$
WOW thats cheap..........

25 Sep 2013, 13:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Tivook: You have completely and utterly missed the point.

GJ on failing to read or comperehend, entirely.

Go yell at a wall or something.
25 Sep 2013, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 13:35 PMTivook

Comment of the year, bro...

This is about principal, nothing else! Why don't you go and donate your money to a good cause. Good day, man.
25 Sep 2013, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 13:51 PMNullist
Tivook: You have completely and utterly missed the point.

GJ on failing to read or comperehend, entirely.

Go yell at a wall or something.

Where exactly did I miss the point? Seems to me you're just angry you don't have a job worth mentioning.

Nobody is forcing you to spend anything and to be quite honest, a good player will still beat a bad player anyway.

Also I make 200 dollars in one day, I will gladly pay that to keep myself entertained for a countless amount of hours after my workday is finished.

It's about principal my ass, this is 2013 not 1996 where all patches post release was free. This is the way it works more often than not. I don't care.
25 Sep 2013, 14:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Quick question: How does the naming go between the 'lightning war doctrine' and the 'blitzkrieg doctrine' in the German version of the game. I'm seriously interested.

:D

I suspect the Relic employee who dubbed the new commander Blitzkrieg may not speak German.

My suspicions were further fuelled by the misspelling of 'Jeagar' (sic) in the recent Dev cast.
25 Sep 2013, 14:09 PM

I think everything would have been fine if they included the commanders into the case blue dlc pack for $10
25 Sep 2013, 14:10 PM

clever post Tivook.....u get the commanders for free....NOT!!!
25 Sep 2013, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:07 PMTivook
Also I make 200 dollars in one day, I will gladly pay that to keep myself entertained for a countless amount of hours after my workday is finished.

Tryin' to compensate for something? Jeeez... who dafuq cares?
25 Sep 2013, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:13 PMDerBaer

Tryin' to compensate for something? Jeeez... who dafuq cares?

I care because people are crying because they have to actually pay for something extra.

You guys are insane if you think anything is free in this world.

Don't want to pay? dont buy it. Simple as. Nobody is forcing u to buy anything u dumb fuck.
25 Sep 2013, 14:20 PM
Donator 11

I preordered the game and saw no point at getting the CE. At recent sale i thought what the heck im gonna get CE upgrade in hope to get the new commanders for free. I dont give a *** about ToW which i never played and im probably never gonna play it (maybe if i get really really bored) and dont give a *** about any SP content. Only played 2 SP missions and got bored really fast ( i could play coh1 campaign over and over again).
CE is not worth its money. I dont give a *** about faceplates and skins. Who would want to buy a faceplate!? FailFish
About new commanders... Its not the problem that i cant afford them or i would go "bankrupt"...Its just that i think they are a rip-off and thats why im not gonna buy them. Now i understand why the basic game is so bold and without global upgrades...so they can charge for them. I mean some of the stuff should really be part of the basic game and not part of the commanders.
3 or 4 euros for 1!!!! commander is just a huge rip-off! Maybe and i mean really maybe if they were o.5 or 1 euro i would consider buying it. But now i just dont want them and RELIC....no you dont get anymore money from me! FUCK YOU! Although in some way i can understand this is just pure bussines...which is sad :/

I will probably continue playing coh2 although im very dissapointent with the game at the moment.
All the best players dont even play coh2 (with few exceptions). That tells a lot.

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:07 PMTivook
Where exactly did I miss the point? Seems to me you're just angry you don't have a job worth mentioning.

What an ironic statement.
"Where did I miss the point?"
"I thought this was about your employment"

Yeah, I wonder where exactly did you miss the point?
And thats just for starters.

Wow, what a tool.

Has nothing to do with "paying for something extra".

Has to do with introducing P2W.

If you can't distinguish the difference there, I strongly suspect you have somekind of cognitive impairment, and probably earn that 200 bucks a day you boast about doing something that requires the intelligence of a mashed potato.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:15 PMTivook

I care because people are crying because they have to actually pay for something extra.

You guys are insane if you think anything is free in this world.

Don't want to pay? dont buy it. Simple as. Nobody is forcing u to buy anything u dumb fuck.

I giggled, for a second or two... adios!
25 Sep 2013, 14:21 PM

its not only the money dude! they release dump stuff and wont fix command lag for example
25 Sep 2013, 14:23 PM

Just to clarify, my problem is that I got penalised for preordering the CE. If I preordered the standard version I'd of recieved -
*4 commanders
*2 skins (meh for me tbh I don't really have any interest in what camo pattern my stuff uses)
*1 ToW pack

All of the above is in my CE. Now they release commanders with new unique abilities that cost 33% more than any previously released. Its like they think "we know they're fans so they'll pay". I haven't got the new commanders, I can't justify it. I was happy to invest in this games future, I just feel angry that I'd of recieved a preorder bonus if I hadn't of.

tl;dr= CE preorders didn't get any preorder bonus unlike standard edition owners who did quite well out of preordering.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %