Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
23 Sep 2013, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 22:50 PMCon!
These commanders are going to completely change the whole game.

Yes, I think so too. It's obvious from looking at how many new mechanics and units are packed into them. I don't think it bodes well for competitive MP balance that these 4 commanders are only available by purchasing them. At least for the CE exclusive commanders so far that some didn't have, they only had re-arrangements of existing things in the game, not entirely new ways of playing. Things that change the game balance that much should not be for sale imo. It's a slippery slope towards pay-to-win as soon as you include non-cosmetics.
23 Sep 2013, 23:01 PM

everyone asked for commanders to be more unique and not just recycle old abilities. relic listened and now people complain...

personally, im glad theyre introducing new units and abilities as the others were getting stale. its going to allow more strategies. for example, skipping t1 as german is now more viable without having to rely on pios alone.
23 Sep 2013, 23:05 PM

lol Soviet blinkers on. Soviet get shocks at the same CP, there is no issue here what so ever.

Did you even watch it. He said shocks are still 1cp. Which means if the soviet player goes for T0 units assault Pgrens will have a few minutes of free raign as long as they don't run into multiple conscripts. Although no one has tried them yet, I was just stating a concern.
23 Sep 2013, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 22:54 PMnigo
pay to win started

by Noun

The maps are free.

The the 4 1941 Commanders will be free for multiplayer (the ones shown off on Thursday).

The Commanders shown off today will not be free.

The Case Blue is just the Theater of War mini pack. The Commanders are seperate.

So what you're saying is that a game which is $60 retail still has a Pay to win model running?

Seriously.... okay name another game that does this.

These are the type of decisions that really turn players away from the game.
23 Sep 2013, 23:11 PM

120 mp for an infantry unit? Idc how fucking weak they are, thats OP as shit.... I mean thats super easily spammable and cheaper than conscripts or engineers and give way too much capping power... Also, if they are anything like the Ostruppen units in game already, for 120 mp, this will be overpowered.

EDIT: liek i said, it doesnt matter how weak they are. They are so cheap they can give the german player so much overwhelming capping power they will just ber unning around capping everything. Think about how cheap that is, 120 mp is very very cheap.
23 Sep 2013, 23:11 PM

Just wanted to point out that the new commanders didn't seem to have portraits. It was only there for a second at the end, but I believe they had symbols instead.
23 Sep 2013, 23:12 PM

Pay 2 win has been confirmed
23 Sep 2013, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:11 PMRubbers
120 mp for an infantry unit? Idc how fucking weak they are, thats OP as shit.... I mean thats super easily spammable and cheaper than conscripts or engineers and give way too much capping power... Also, if they are anything like the Ostruppen units in game already, for 120 mp, this will be overpowered.

they said that they are weaker that actual osttruppen in the game, but when they are in cover their stats are buffed, and when they move they cant shoot
23 Sep 2013, 23:20 PM

They are weaker. But they gain bonus stats when in cover.
23 Sep 2013, 23:20 PM

(too late)
Edit: damn it, ignore these 2 posts.
23 Sep 2013, 23:21 PM
Donator 11

Pay 2 win has been confirmed

how can you say that ? who says that these commanders are really better choices.

I'm totally against p2w but let's give it a chance in game before calling it that.
23 Sep 2013, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:21 PMZ3r07

how can you say that ? who says that these commanders are really better choices.

I'm totally against p2w but let's give it a chance in game before calling it that.

Let's put it this way, options that can have a significant impact which are not available to everyone who buys the game but only a select few who decides to pay more is Pay2Win.

Either that, or it's not viable and hence, fail balancing.
23 Sep 2013, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:01 PMwooof
everyone asked for commanders to be more unique and not just recycle old abilities. relic listened and now people complain...

I don't think anyone would ever complain about unique commanders with new abilities. That's not what the complaint is. The complaint is that you pay for them and what that means to game balance. They want to make the new commanders attractive so people will purchase them - and intentionally or not, there is great potential for this to disrupt game balance for a loooong time. There are plenty of examples of other games where this is exactly what has happened. Maybe it is unreasonable to expect new commanders like these to be free. Maps are free. The ToW commanders are free. I don't know what the answer is but I don't know why a $6o+ game has to be milked like this so soon with balance disruptions on the horizon for a long time if this is the game plan. I much prefer seeing new paid content to come as expansion packs each year, which allows a nice long period for game balance and a meta game to evolve and improve. Hopefully I'm overreacting but I don't have a good feeling about this for the long term. At the very least, it will keep the balance team very busy...
23 Sep 2013, 23:25 PM

Exactly, it doesn't matter how little damage they do. The fact that it is not only 120 mp but also a call-in means that these will be simply ridiculous. How could you possibly kill so much men so quickly?
23 Sep 2013, 23:28 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:23 PMhubewa

Let's put it this way, options that can have a significant impact which are not available to everyone who buys the game but only a select few who decides to pay more is Pay2Win.

So vCOH was pay to win because of Opposing Fronts ? no, it meant players had different options but not necessarily better ones meaning players could still win with original armies.

and this should be the same, if it's not, then I will agree, but a better player should be able to beat a lower skilled player with the original armies and commanders.

but again, this remains to be determined in game, not now.
23 Sep 2013, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:25 PMhubewa

Exactly, it doesn't matter how little damage they do. The fact that it is not only 120 mp but also a call-in means that these will be simply ridiculous. How could you possibly kill so much men so quickly?

Maybe cool down isn't so short to prevent spamming?
23 Sep 2013, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:23 PMhubewa

theres already paid commanders that gave players new options. look at armored assault. it gets il2, is2, t34/85, crew repair and radio intercept. thats 5 amazing abilities in 1 commander. not every player gets that commander and it allows strategies no other commander can do. so is that pay to win as well even though they arent new abilities? i havent seen any complaints about it so im guessing the answer is no. things can be viable and offer new strategies without being op and pay to win.
23 Sep 2013, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:28 PMZ3r07

So vCOH was pay to win because of Opposing Fronts ? no, it meant players had different options, but players could still win with original armies.

and this should be the same, if it's not, then I will agree, but a better player should be able to beat a lower skilled player with the original armies and commanders.

Opposing fronts did not add new abilities for existing factions and did not have any impact whatsoever as to how Wehrmacht and the Americans can be played, especially in Wehr vs Ami games.

This on the other hand is completely different - essentially, you are changing how people play with the original factions by adding more and more commanders.

For a while, I was contemplating getting back into COH2 after the MG changes made gameplay more fluid. After this, not so much unless if they release free commanders EDIT: If new abilities come out like this.

This is not like releasing new factions, it is more like releasing a completely new tree into current gameplay. It's exactly like, for instance, introducing Luftwaffe Doctrine into the Wehr faction.
24 Sep 2013, 00:01 AM

Looking at the the replay looks like Assault grenadiers cost 280 or so manpower.
24 Sep 2013, 00:03 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 23:33 PMhubewa

Opposing fronts did not add new abilities for existing factions and did not have any impact whatsoever as to how Wehrmacht and the Americans can be played, especially in Wehr vs Ami games.

This on the other hand is completely different - essentially, you are changing how people play with the original factions by adding more and more commanders.

For a while, I was contemplating getting back into COH2 after the MG changes made gameplay more fluid. After this, not so much unless if they release free commanders EDIT: If new abilities come out like this.

This is not like releasing new factions, it is more like releasing a completely new tree into current gameplay. It's exactly like, for instance, introducing Luftwaffe Doctrine into the Wehr faction.

For me, this is exactly the same as a new army, different abilities and options, but not necessarily better.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak