Login

russian armor

Tiger needs a buff

23 Sep 2013, 17:06 PM

The Tiger really needs a buff. Before the most recent patches I suggested buffing the T34, IS-2 and Tiger.

The T34 and IS-2 have been sufficiently buffed but the Tiger has gone through changes that actually make it weaker.

It's effectively a vehicle to soak up damage but can't perform either two essential functions: (1) It can't be used a break the line unit; and (2) it can't be used as a flanking unit.

The SU-85s (there are always two or more) and AT guns burn through the nerfed Tiger armor and the Tiger damage output just can't keep up. There is no cost efficient way of using the Tiger as a break the line unit.

On the other hand, it's speed has been nerfed and again the armor has been nerfed so it can't even be used to flank the line. A T-34 ram or AT nade stops it cold and again it can't dish out enough damage before just getting engine damaged and destroyed by the SU-85s.

For the price and the role its supposed to fill this unit really should be look at carefully to buff it so it can fulfill some role in a competitive game.
23 Sep 2013, 17:19 PM

A T-34 ram or AT nade stops it cold and again it can't dish out enough damage before just getting engine damaged and destroyed by the SU-85s.

I use it all the time and I think its fine except for this part, its so random that sometime the engine is damaged from the first grande or never even after 6 hits. Here is a video showing a single tiger getting hit with 4 different at grnades and none penetrating and making engine damage.

Same goes for ram, it should not work against such a tank when its coming from the front against a full health tiger. The tank is slow enough not to be able to avoid it.
23 Sep 2013, 17:23 PM

speed nerf??

have you checked the changelog?

seriously the tank right now is as good as it can be. the su cant kill the tiger. only doctrinal tanks can face against it in 1v1. otherwise you need to make use of every trick to get it to die. every time i see one of this treads i kill a kitten.
23 Sep 2013, 17:37 PM

AT nade is meant to work with vehicles and light tank, it's penetration is just 100

Ram is only succesful when T34 is close to Tiger, and Tiger is not moving. After few second T34 engine heats up or w/e it's called and it will make enemy tank only crew shock while T34 is completely immobilized
23 Sep 2013, 18:28 PM

Tiger's damage, reload and movement speeds are perfect. The armour is greatly balanced to sustain damage from both AT's and su-85 ... BUT the unit still need a little bit of buff against AT nades and RAM.

A single RAM can destroy engine, break gun and immobilize ?!? The Tiger weight is couple of times greater than t34 .... As I see it, the Tiger must suffer only momental immobilize and maybe even gun damage, BUT no permanent engine malfunction.

Also , AT grenades should not work at all against Tiger / IS2 / Elephant.

KV8, Brumbar, Panther and others MUST take damage and get broken damage if AT nade hit them.
23 Sep 2013, 18:52 PM

I think Tigers are pretty great as is. I use them all the time in 1on1s if the Russians go T3. If they are well supported with infantry and Paks, they can soak up a ton of damage.

However, I really don't like the random chances caused by RAM and AT nades. I think faults, AT nades, and Rams should work 100% of the time against the rear of heavy tanks and 0% of the time against the front. This goes for all heavy tanks like the IS2, ISU152, and Elephant.
23 Sep 2013, 19:30 PM

to me ramming should damage the gun 100% of the times. no tube can handle a ram and not get bent.

ramming right now is a useless piece of manure. you need to carefully position the tank to ram (while he is being shot at), you click on the ram and if the enemy just backs up a bit the ram misses, and its not a sure hit. and what do you get? a useless tank being shot at. because.

it either got overheated.
2 it rammed and did not destroy the gun. and gets shot to hell because hooo 200+ manpower 90 fuel skill should fail because balance.

i just wonder why people still complain. why dont we just remove that skill altogether. seriously. why dont they just make the tank explode as soon as the russian player clicks on the skill. why not allso make it surrender an unistall company of heroes from your computer. if a player uses that skill in the condition it is now. he should not have the game installed.

/rant
23 Sep 2013, 19:55 PM

yea, Tiger seem to be balanced right now, except it's cost, IMO it should be lik 680MP and 170Fuel, since Tiger has AT effectiveness like Panther or maybe worse because Panther got higher range, but it's greater vs infantry, that's why Tiger should be slightly more xpensive then Tiger, same thing with other heavier stuff, all cost fuels are just enormous
23 Sep 2013, 20:01 PM

double post
23 Sep 2013, 20:03 PM

that's why Tiger should be slightly more xpensive then Tiger

what?
23 Sep 2013, 20:31 PM

yea, Tiger seem to be balanced right now, except it's cost, IMO it should be lik 680MP and 170Fuel, since Tiger has AT effectiveness like Panther or maybe worse because Panther got higher range, but it's greater vs infantry, that's why Tiger should be slightly more xpensive then Tiger, same thing with other heavier stuff, all cost fuels are just enormous

It's actually pretty low cost if you consider that it is a call in tank that requires no teching costs to get. If Tiger came out of t4 building it would cost you 200 35 + 200 50 for research and 160 35 for the building.
23 Sep 2013, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 20:31 PMAbdul

It's actually pretty low cost if you consider that it is a call in tank that requires no teching costs to get. If Tiger came out of t4 building it would cost you 200 35 + 200 50 for research and 160 35 for the building.

It's actually pretty high if you consider Tiger as a doctrinal tank and SU-85 is twice cheaper and takes twice less pop cap and SU-85 you will get earlier for sure
24 Sep 2013, 02:15 AM

Swap the stats&price tag of Tiger and JS-2 then you'll understand what needs a buff
24 Sep 2013, 04:47 AM

It's actually pretty high if you consider Tiger as a doctrinal tank and SU-85 is twice cheaper and takes twice less pop cap and SU-85 you will get earlier for sure

You were comparing the Tiger cost to the Panther, but if you want to compare it to the SU85, you have to keep in mind that 1 SU85 is no match for a Tiger. 2 SU85s can win a fight against a Tiger. Excluding teching costs they cost together 640mp 230fu. That's about the same as a Tiger cost.
25 Sep 2013, 04:38 AM

Yeah its slow very slow gets eaten badly.Engine dammage and your a sitting duck.I destroyed 4 of them in 3v3 AT grenade+Isu is GG. So much for the famous Tiger its more like a pussy cat .
25 Sep 2013, 05:54 AM

Abdul as usual with his pro soviet blinkers on forgets that IS2 got a massive buff unlike the tiger which actually got nerfed.

Tiger needs to have its range at least equal to panther and slightly better AI. Its ridiculous to watch a conscript squad charging up to a tiger knowing the tiger can shoot at it for >2 mins without retreating.
25 Sep 2013, 06:56 AM

Abdul as usual with his pro soviet blinkers on forgets that IS2 got a massive buff unlike the tiger which actually got nerfed.

Tiger needs to have its range at least equal to panther and slightly better AI. Its ridiculous to watch a conscript squad charging up to a tiger knowing the tiger can shoot at it for >2 mins without retreating.

That's very ignorant to say in many ways, but focusing on the issue the IS2 can't beat the Tiger. In fact 1 on 1 often tiger will win the fight with 30-40% health left, that's good for the tiger.
25 Sep 2013, 07:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 06:56 AMAbdul

That's very ignorant to say in many ways, but focusing on the issue the IS2 can't beat the Tiger. In fact 1 on 1 often tiger will win the fight with 30-40% health left, that's good for the tiger.

IS2 can 1 shot entire german squads ... a tiger will take 2 minutes to kill a conscript squad. The IS2 is a far far better anti inf tank and its AT capability is almost on par with the tiger and its armor is superior too (many a time tiger's shots are deflected)

The issue here in this thread is not the IS2 which is now balanced but the fact that the tiger has the same range as a panzer 4 and just slightly better at anti infantry.

The majority of neutral players agree that the tiger needs a small buff in the anti infantry and range department.

25 Sep 2013, 07:47 AM

IS2 can 1 shot entire german squads

That's annoying when it happens, but it doesn't happen too often.

... a tiger will take 2 minutes to kill a conscript squad.

No it takes less than that, no where near a is2, but takes much less than that.

The IS2 is a far far better anti inf tank and its AT capability is almost on par with the tiger and its armor is superior too (many a time tiger's shots are deflected)

It depends on the armor its facing, the IS2 is great against panzer 4, but week against tiger.

The issue here in this thread is not the IS2 which is now balanced but the fact that the tiger has the same range as a panzer 4 and just slightly better at anti infantry.

maybe the range can be increased to compensate for the speed reduction

The majority of neutral players agree that the tiger needs a small buff in the anti infantry and range department.

I don't think much, maybe indirectly, in the fact that ram should never work against it from the front and AT grnades should not be so random, damaging the engine from the first hit or deflecting 6 times in a row.
25 Sep 2013, 08:08 AM

IMvHO the Tiger is an incredibly powerful tank. The thought of it being buffed is a little over the top, I think.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
United States 19
unknown 8
Australia 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %