Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht build orders

5 Nov 2018, 10:04 AM

Once again, i'll hit you up with some questions, this time about Ost. I have played some games with a friend and i would like to hear what are your preferred build orders. As usual, i will write down the parameters you have to bear in mind.

-Mode : 2v2, my teammate is always choosing OKW
-Build orders (not a machine gun spam)
-Which starter Commanders are good?
-Which Commanders should i get later?
-My objective as Wehrmacht
5 Nov 2018, 12:53 PM

Ok about commanders: If it's a map like rails and metal or crossing in the woods (open map, few houses only, flanks are easy to hold), then always go Jaeger Armor doctrine (the one with elefant and spotting scopes)

On any other map, lightning war (the one with JU87 AT loiter, panzer tactician and command p4) is never a wrong choice.

I think both of these docs are part of the starter loadout so you dont have to buy them. You dont need any other commander later

About build orders: it really depends on everything man... the map, the opponent's factions, what your teammate is doing etc.

vs brits for instance you probably want an early mortar and at least 2 HMG42s... vs soviet t1 you want to get more than 1 grenadier etc.

If you are not sure, standard openings like MG42, gren, gren, mortar/sniper are always ok

And your goal as wehr basically is it to hold on long enough until you have a setup that is very hard to counter. Dunno if you are a t3 or more of a t4 player, but t4 has the advantage that it works on all maps. On elefant maps you can basically rush brummbar (t1--> t2-->t4) straight into elefant, and on the other maps you can rush brummbar as well followed by panthers and JU87 loiter assaults.
5 Nov 2018, 14:53 PM

lightining war does not have the panzer tactician.
5 Nov 2018, 15:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lightning War is extremely strong, as is Jager Armor (but usually is more map-dependent).

I would add German Mechanized (Scopes + leFH + Command P4) just in case you need an easy way to counter SimCity. Alternatively, Spearhead (Mortar HT + Panzer Tactician + Recon + Tiger) is also quite decent if you encounter support weapon spam/SimCity.

Osttruppen is also quite viable, as it gives you decent early map presence and extra support weapons to really lock down the map. Osttruppen also become extremely cost-effective to hold territory when you tech to T4. Railway Arty can counter allied howitzers because the first shot is pinpoint accurate.
5 Nov 2018, 15:25 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

On any other map, lightning war (the one with JU87 AT loiter, panzer tactician and command p4) is never a wrong choice.

Blitzkrieg is what you're describing. Lightning war is G43s, JU87 and Tiger 1.

@OP Your goal as wehrmacht is to tech T4, get a brummbar, and obliterate the capitalist pigs.
12 Nov 2018, 19:01 PM

all good suggestions.

about openings always depends of map but more or less is like this.

Vs Soviet

MG / Granadier

IF Enemy go with Penals / Sniper you can get a sniper to counter snipe/harass (be careful). and try to rush a 222, use it wisely and you can counter clown cars easily than using granadiers. , Get more granadiers between and put them in places when the enemy dont get you need them in order to have a good cover , An Early teller could be great if the M3 can come for some predictable way.

If Enemy go with Supp weapons you need to play with Sdkfz 221 W/Flame and mortars to counter MG/Mortar play (Smoke). Also you need some granadier support.

Granadiers are always something to have around because panzerfaust denial give you continuity, otherwise welcome to harassment hell.

Get PAK40 is asap matters after 222 / 221 because T-70 is coming ( and granadiers are helpful always against this menaces + PAK40 to close the deal.

Vs USF ***************

MG / Granadier / MG / Granadier / Sniper / Mortar.) to stopped them sometimes i have 3 mgs and bunkers to hold second line of defense.

- Use mines! are cheap ( 15 muni each patch ). and you can get better
control of the map around. especially in places that can be take it by smoke in order to blind your MG´s, that´s fun to see.

- Use Bunkers! are cheap also, and with the mg upgrade ca be great denial tools., try to build it in places hard to reach with AT guns., about mortars. jusst improvise if you can counter mortar or get a granadier near is enough (But not always possible have this in mind).

-Mg need to be in continuity move all the time., let them static is begging for early mortar attack / Smoke

- Sniper well played can limit the attacking vectors, 2 shots of sniper and one of the platoons get 3 men, Cannot fight efectively,, giving your mgs another more important and full target ( try to break the flanking attacks, so your MG arc can get middle and a side effectively. Granadiers to work in MG cover and pioneers are always useful.

- Vs UKF ******************

Mg / Granadier / Granadier / Granadier / Sniper. ( order can change).

Rush T1 to get rifle granades. or give to the pioneer some flames.

If the enemy go simcity 3 or 4 Mortars that´s works for me. plus some units to defend ( depends of your enemy build and terrain ).

If the enemy go mobile fight, i dont have anything solved But basic intuitive play works for me, you can abuse tellers and sniper, 1 mortar is enough to get some smoke., you can use "Assault granadiers" are pretty useful in urban maps specially and very nice Vs brits BUT remember to bring some granadiers, Panzerfaust is the only thing that give you some serious and mobile denial., PAK40 must be hidden nearby awaiting fausted targets. works better for me that show them to be Nullyfied by Magic base artillery.

Using my sniper to the limits and MG to cover him. could work vs Infantry Sections., BUT BEWARE, squads without support are erased from history vs IS with Vickers, Really nasty., Distance and tactic superiority give you adventage ( And a good brummbar later).

Another nice way to play against brits or Soviet Union penals are 3 Osttruppend and 2 Snipers, Not very sporty. Like this

MG / Ost / Sniper / Ost / Ost / Sniper. MG being mobile, Ossttruppen are meatshields and your snipers are a fcking nightmare you can use both at the same time Or better use one for harass and the another without firing ready for Counter sniper / recon. M3 is your biggest enemy but if you have at least one ostruppen alive around you have the faust ready.

Vet Sniper incendiary rounds works limited well vs M3 ¡ Just Do IT ! if is already fausted :D

this works for me., is not a 100% sure guide
Care!

Not
22 Nov 2018, 06:23 AM

Hi. I main SOV player and I always had problems against blobs of grens with mg42 upgrade. It's just making all my infantry useless, except penals if they catch grens 1v1, or if I sacrifice my penals to the Maxim guns for blob control. Any ideas?
23 Nov 2018, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 06:23 AMNot
Hi. I main SOV player and I always had problems against blobs of grens with mg42 upgrade. It's just making all my infantry useless, except penals if they catch grens 1v1, or if I sacrifice my penals to the Maxim guns for blob control. Any ideas?

Use the T-70 along with infantry, plus MG suport
10 Dec 2018, 03:24 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised 1 post for being offtopic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W