Login

russian armor

Dealing with Soviet tech transitions

1 Nov 2018, 15:31 PM

Hello there,
I've struggling as OKW on how to deal with soviets adaptability during the transition from early to mid game.

They always start
CE - 5 Cons or
2 CE - 3 Penals - Guards

Then T70.

There's a Clown car here and there, but let's put it aside.

When I see Cons, I field 5 Volks and go Luchs and maybe a Rak if I scout their tech building.
When I see Penals, I go 3 to 4 Volks, MG and Luchs. Sometimes I try to double Sturmpios. They work wonders.

Then, regardless, I play pretending I'm Mobile Defense Ostheer and field a Puma by the time the soviet deploys his T70.

Thing is: I don't field my Puma, I'm eaten alive.
If I field my Puma, I've seen 5 times in a row the soviet ignoring their Light, locking the T34/85 commander and rush for it. I get map control between this and the tank deployment.

Then the SpecOps CommandPanther takes too much fuel, I struggle to much MP to field more Raks or I need to tech T4 and then I'm behind (besides the terrible default TD and Panther). By the time I field a good-enough force to fight, there's already a second T34/85 on my doorstep. Sometimes a SU85 even.

What can I change? More raks earlier seen a bit waste of MP since I'm dealing with penals and upgraded guards, but then, who am I.
1 Nov 2018, 18:37 PM

You could try not building the Puma until you see the T70. Also Puma and raketten should be enough to hold off even T-34-85 until you can field some medium armor or a Panther.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★