Login

russian armor

Current state of balance?

30 Oct 2018, 17:42 PM

Used to be addicted to CoH2. Have only been playing on and off for the past 2 years. Introduced a friend to this game and are teaming up for 2 vs 2 games. Just wondering how the game is doing right now? Are the factions balanced? Any frustrating metas? (I still remember the days of Volksgrenadier Shrek blobs :D)

I realised the devs are still updating the game after 5 years, that's wonderful news.

Really appreciate your input, thanks!!!
30 Oct 2018, 17:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Factions are never balanced. There's always some frustrating meta, though some more than others. It's all opinion on how well the game is doing.
30 Oct 2018, 19:10 PM

Well, i would say it's fine. I started playing all factions because i wanted to see some stuff people say in here (regarding gameplay of course).

Wehrmacht seems to be the most complete faction. It has all the tools in its disposal to deal with Allies. OKW is aggressive as it should be (fun fact : at the beginning, when i started playing, i was scared of OKW, but not anymore). I mean, damn, those raketens give me nightmares after every match.

On the Allied side, USSR seems great, the majority of people prefer it over USF and UKF. Those 120mm mortars and the T-70 are 2 units that make me wanna play with the faction, not to mention Shock Troops. USF, to my opinion, is a support faction (this is why they lack T0 MG), plus they got many great units. M8 Greyhound is a monster, Sherman is the ultimate blob punisher, Jacksons balance things between USF and Axis tanks, and not to mention my favorite units in the USF roster : Rangers and Paratroopers. And finally, we got UKF. I asked for some advice on how to play with them, and i loved the faction. Even if it seems that they underperform, they are great for me. My only complain is that the British vehicles are a little bit slow. But in general, i like the British faction a lot.
30 Oct 2018, 21:27 PM

I'd say in team games the balance is pretty decent.
Axis is still OKW-OST team obviously while for allies UKF and USF weaknesses can be covered up decently by a teammate. Just try to make sure you don't get UKF-UKF or USF-USF.
30 Oct 2018, 22:04 PM

Despite the people, the "balance", and how long radar simulator takes to find a match...

... I am still having fun with the game ;D
30 Oct 2018, 23:10 PM

IMO balance is the best it’s been in years. Most of the really gamebreaking bullshit is gone and it’s just improving commanders and smaller balance tweaks now AFAIK.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★