Login

russian armor

Faymonville as Brits

7 Oct 2018, 20:05 PM

I just want some help for overall play on this map. I always fall into this midgame rut against okw mostly (not so much against ost for whatever reason) where I don't have a lot of stable territory control and the opponent is usually bringing in a lot more resources than I am because of it. I ended up winning just through sheer outplaying and a couple of bad plays by him (mostly when he tried to prevent me killing his schwerer along with instances of commandos wiping his infantry). Again, any general tips on how to play on this map against okw would be appreciated.

Replay:
7 Oct 2018, 20:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Without watching: OKW sturggles a lot vs MGs, so I tend to always have 1 sometimes 2 on the opener vs OKW.

Edit: I'm just gonna do a full review here. Gimme an hour.

After watching: You lack capping in this game because you heavily lack capping squads. You had only 1 section the entire game, and your engineers would either be repairing or just sitting AFK. You lost 2 engineers, 1 to body block cheese which is annoying, but ultimately you lost it to not reacting quickly enough with the squad.

Just try and keep your squads active and less ambush camo stuff if you want to cap more. You got a lot of wipes because of commando camo gammon bombs but the OKW play was also floating a lot. If he had spent his resources you could've really been in trouble.

If you don't use the tactical map I highly recommend it to keep your squads moving.

Essentially you didn't have capping squads. You had a UC, a vickers, a sniper and 2 commandos you were using for ambush. That's 5 squads who arn't capping.
8 Oct 2018, 00:01 AM

Without watching: OKW sturggles a lot vs MGs, so I tend to always have 1 sometimes 2 on the opener vs OKW.

Edit: I'm just gonna do a full review here. Gimme an hour.

After watching: You lack capping in this game because you heavily lack capping squads. You had only 1 section the entire game, and your engineers would either be repairing or just sitting AFK. You lost 2 engineers, 1 to body block cheese which is annoying, but ultimately you lost it to not reacting quickly enough with the squad.

Just try and keep your squads active and less ambush camo stuff if you want to cap more. You got a lot of wipes because of commando camo gammon bombs but the OKW play was also floating a lot. If he had spent his resources you could've really been in trouble.

If you don't use the tactical map I highly recommend it to keep your squads moving.

Essentially you didn't have capping squads. You had a UC, a vickers, a sniper and 2 commandos you were using for ambush. That's 5 squads who arn't capping.

Thanks for the advice.

I usually build 2 sections in 1v1s and I probably should have here. I'll probably just stick to that from here on out since it did end up hurting me as you said. That first engineer was mostly cuz I was being greedy lol. I was wanting to drop a model off the sturms so he'd have to retreat them later but didn't think they'd get wiped so fast. Misjudgement on my part.

Yeah I kept seeing him just pulling out ober after ober and I was thinking "oh shoot I'm done for". I guess not, so I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the tip about the tactical map, it was very useful in my later games.

Thanks again for the whole review.
8 Oct 2018, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I usually build 2 sections in 1v1s and I probably should have here. I'll probably just stick to that from here on out since it did end up hurting me as you said. That first engineer was mostly cuz I was being greedy lol. I was wanting to drop a model off the sturms so he'd have to retreat them later but didn't think they'd get wiped so fast. Misjudgement on my part.

Yeah I kept seeing him just pulling out ober after ober and I was thinking "oh shoot I'm done for". I guess not, so I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the tip about the tactical map, it was very useful in my later games.

Thanks again for the whole review.

The tactical map is a bit like cilantro: some people swear by it and other people can't stand it :D

I personally have improved my ranking immensely by making intensive use of the tac map. If you find it usefull as well I highly suggest that you do two things:

1. Watch tightropes tip and trics videos on what you can and can't do from the tactical map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BM_Ufn-7YY&t=6s

2. Download autohotkey and rebind your tactical map to a more convenient place on the keyboard. If you use the grid based hotkeys, I would recommend the spacebar, tab- or capslock key for the tactical map (I use caps lock).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
Korea, Republic Of 0
Russian Federation 77
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %