Login

russian armor

Commands tank effects?

20 Sep 2013, 17:45 PM

Does anyone know what the command tank does in detail?

It gives a defensive bonus to units in sector, but what is that? More HP? Received accuracy or perhaps more armor?

Is the main gun the same as for a normal PZ4? It looks like a short barrel version so perhaps it's worse against armor?

Does it mean that my stugs will be able to eat more SU85 shots? Does anyone have concrete experiences with what it does for your loyal troops?
20 Sep 2013, 18:06 PM

*0.8 damage received afaik, so -20% damage. Quite a good effect.
Its main gun is pretty bad. It kind was comparable but worse than the old T-34's but now T-34s got buffed so the command tank can no longer fend it off on itslef. It already comes with the top gunner so you at least save some munitions on that.

It is pretty useless against armor but ok against infantry and light vehicles (up to T-70). It really is a unit designed to be used with other units like Pak guns, I guess Stugs could also work very well because yes, they will be able to take more damage but the Command Panzer 4 can also tank for them.

It was pretty useful when fighting against the old (too weak) Soviet Tier 3 (T70, T-34). It couldn't really kill those vehicles but it was great for supporting Pak/Panzerschrecks. Now I feel that it may be a bit too weak for its cost compared to T-34s.
It is worth testing and the commanders are pretty interesting so just try them and see how it works out.
20 Sep 2013, 18:09 PM

The gun does only 80 damage instead of the normal P4s 160.
The Aura gives a 0,8 received damage modifier to all units (tanks and infantry).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★