Login

russian armor

Faymonville approach static slugfest

23 Sep 2018, 12:38 PM

Been playing quite a few games of this map on USF lately where my usual aggressive pace is really slowed down by effectiveness of mgs, AT guns and to a lesser extent bunkers and mines on this map

I can't figure out what it is particularly that forces me into an early mortar level pace on this map especially, hoping for some map specific advice against more defensive enemies
23 Sep 2018, 14:09 PM

As USF, a mortar on this map is a must, not necessarily super early but after your Lieutenant at least. Or if you decided to go T2, a Pak can do wonder.

There are maps where certain type of unit are almost mandatory, deal with it I'd say :)

About the map, HMGs can be flanked because the map is quite large, here again a mortar with smoke around the center of the map can help you a lot.
24 Sep 2018, 08:59 AM

you might also consider the m21 mortar HT if you don't mind the doctrines they come in. these bad boys are still criminally underused considering how well their range and mobility synergizes with the aggressive playstyle of USF.

Also you really can't beat the cost efficiency of the 50 munis phosphorous barrage!
24 Sep 2018, 11:30 AM

you might also consider the m21 mortar HT if you don't mind the doctrines they come in. these bad boys are still criminally underused considering how well their range and mobility synergizes with the aggressive playstyle of USF.

Also you really can't beat the cost efficiency of the 50 munis phosphorous barrage!

I feel like mortar just isn't efficient enough at killing to keep up with rifles? I usually use mortar for smoke more than barrage, mgs feel like they just tank mortar barrage while suppressing ur rifle until you need to retreat before mortar pressures their mg. This is main reason I'm reluctant for them, even though on faymon i usually play infantry company against wehr with priest as my anti static insurance.
24 Sep 2018, 13:13 PM

I feel like mortar just isn't efficient enough at killing to keep up with rifles? I usually use mortar for smoke more than barrage, mgs feel like they just tank mortar barrage while suppressing ur rifle until you need to retreat before mortar pressures their mg. This is main reason I'm reluctant for them, even though on faymon i usually play infantry company against wehr with priest as my anti static insurance.

The great thing about mortars is that they require a minimum of micro to deal damage, and with the white phosphorous you get both smoke cover and excellent damage dealing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment